Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 398732 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Please Vote Willrow Hood
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 06:05 PM »
I will gladly vote for ICMG.

I agree with Brent in that stuff like RotJ Luke or Galactic Marine will most likely get made anyway since they are main character or clone figures.  Still not sure why people voted for those in the first place...

Back to ICMG, I'd rather have a guy who has 5 seconds of screentime in an OT movie than an EU figure like Nom Anor or Darth EU-d00d anyday.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 06:06 PM »
How would he make the top 25 if there wasn't interest for the figure :P

No need to do a commission, I'm happy with my own custom :-*

But it's not film-accurate! ICMG didn't wear gloves!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 07:11 PM »
ICMG has my vote.

And **** those KOTOR figures.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 07:14 PM »

And **** those KOTOR figures.

11!  >:( >:( >:( 11!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 08:05 PM »

11!  >:( >:( >:( 11!

???

Can someone who is much more knowledgeable than me please tell me what an eleven followed by LJ's favorite punctuation mark means?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 12:22 AM »
I'd buy ol' Willrow here before I bought any KOTOR figures, and I own and love playing those games.

But to me, those characters barely feel like SW characters.

Hasbro made BoShek and the green R5 unit and had them both in the same wave back in 2001/2, so there's no reason why ICMG can't be made. Either him or Dorme.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 04:31 AM »
I'll vote for him...  Him or Kyle Katarn.  I'm sorry but Katarn's one I was shocked to see listed and one of the best EU characters to this day.  I'd gladly vote for either...

If Katarn's out, I'm an ICMG campaigner exclusively.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 04:32 AM »
Really.  After Porkins or Boshek or Meena Tills, really, what is the detriment of doing a figure like ICMG or Dorme?  Or the Lars?  Make them one per case, like Hasbro surely would, and of course they would sell.  

I'll vote for ICMG.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 04:36 AM »
Throw an Obi Pilot cloak on a turd and make it one to a case, and it will sell as the brown blob Jedi.

That's the irony of the repacks...  Supposedly made for the kiddies, but bought (I'd wager my left nut) in droves by the adults because collectors are the guys that will buy every one to have the whole set...  Hasbro not only f's over children, but plays the collector world like a fiddle (not that we don't know it, we just have come 10 years and aren't wanting to quit now).

That turd Jedi is days away though I tells ya.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 10:59 AM »
My vote goes to Willrow as well, and I really hope this figure gets made...for Scott's sake if nothing else.  I'll echo the comments that I'm really surprised at the lack of OT characters on this list.  I still really think that when people think "Star Wars" they are thinking OT....Luke, Han, Chewie, Vader, Stormtroopers, etc.  It is suprising that there aren't more characters from the original 3 on the list.  There are other figures I'd like to see, like an "ultimate" Jedi Luke and the Galactic Marine, but like others have said...those have a pretty good chance of being made eventually anyways.  I think the same goes for Hermie Odle.  I'm not really a big EU person either, so ICMG is the choice for me.  I don't mind some of the EU, and enjoy reading OT-era stuff sometimes, but to be honest I don't even know who some of the characters on that list are...and like Ben mentioned, many of them don't even seem like SW characters anyways.  Some EU is ok, and I don't mind seeing it sprinkled in the line, but its too bad this list is really dominated by those types of characters.  Anyways...ICMG is getting my vote too, best of luck to you Scott :).

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 12:15 PM »
If that list turns out to be legit, I'll be voting for Exar Kun or Willrow Hood.

I really think the reason the OT did so "poorly" in the poll is because after 29 years, most of the good figures from it have already been made. Think about it--besides "Imperial Flunkey #36" or "Ass-forehead Alien #9", what's left to make? I'm not saying I don't want to see those types of figures, because I do. But when it comes down to it, I'd rather have important PT and EU characters that have never been made over something that saw 2 seconds of screentime in the OT. Yes, I'm an OT fan too, but I have a different perspective since I've "only" been a fan for about 11 years instead of 20+.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Call me a turd, but I still would rather see MANY of the KOTOR characters made first.  Nothing against ICMG or any other OT stuff though.

:P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Turd  ;)

Bring on ICMG!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:26 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 06:01 PM »
Made the Top 25...You guys (except a few of you) have no idea how happy it makes me to see these years of petitioning pay off.  :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 09:35 PM »
In the end I will probably vote for Hermi Odle.  It's a tough one though between him and Yarna.  I doubt Yarna wins the competition so this probably will be the only chance she ever has.  Hermi won't either not up against those EU characters. 

Hasbro should just bite the bullet and do a wave of KOTOR figures or a wave of EU figs.  They are obviously dabbling in it with Scorch, Shadow Trooper, Talz Jedi, Snow Bunny Padme, Kir Kanos, etc (if the rumors are true).  It looks like the support for obscure cantina aliens and Jabba's creatures is nearing an end now since so many have been made.  Although I still hope to see the Tonnika Sisters, Bom Vimdin, Brainiac, Saurin, Ishi Tib, Weequay Skiff Master, Vintage Barada, etc.  but it's not that likely. 

EU is going to be the new area that Hasbro will go into more and more I believe after this poll.