Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399242 times)

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
Re: Willrow Hood Confirmed For '07!
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Did anyone there saysomething like, "That's not funny" or "You Suck!"? As a customizer, those figures are great fodder and I'm a little PO'd about their little "joke".

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Did anyone there saysomething like, "That's not funny" or "You Suck!"?

Someone should've said that.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2006, 10:40 PM »
You Suck!

There, I said it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Is that meant for Hasbro of HOTP?  Ahh, it works either way :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2006, 10:49 PM »
When I read on Starwars.com and got to crispy Lars I knew something was up. It would be cool to get them, but the PC groups would never allow Hasbro to release them. They might be able to get past the Qui-Gon and Vader, because the were able to do the Demise of Grievous and I think that is along the same lines. I like the dead Jawas. That was comical ;D.

Who thinks we need to revolt against Hasbro? Just like in old days. Storm the walls and take over, so the right stuff gets made. Who is with me?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2006, 10:50 PM »
They show us a boat load of repaints after the slide, the real waste of time is the Marvel paint jobs. I hope they clog shelves like no tomorrow. We begged for Han stormtrooper and we get the rainbow version and in order to get him you have to get that lame as chewie again! Green Tarkin?????

Real nice.

Whoever made that power point at HASBLOW - YOU SUCK!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:56 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2006, 10:53 PM »
A revolt is needed! Viva La Revalucion! Attack Hasbro! We should boycot!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2006, 10:57 PM »
If I see a Hasbro rep in a store I will proceed to piss in their shoes.  Hence my contribution to La Revolucion.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Hasbro thanks up then flips us the bird???
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2006, 10:58 PM »
I said in another thread, I literally honestly truly believe that their "joke" slide was better than about 75% of their offerings for '07.  What a dichotomy, great stuff like the Kashyyyk clone, Parjai, and Marine, and then all the other ****.

I don't think collectors on the whole are discriminating enough, buying every piece of trash Hasbro puts out, beating down Target's stock room doors with DCPI numbers in hand, shelling out $13 for exclusives.  This is why Hasbro is not being held to a higher standard.  Because they are able to sell the majority of us any piece of **** they want, and name their price in the process.

As a group we really need to stop this.

You are 100% right. Lets pass on what we could really live without. Way too many rehashes.

Viva La Revalucion!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Would be nice if we could pull it off with a boycott, but there are way too many morons in the world that have to complete their card sets that they would buy a crap in a Star Wars card (ie cantina Han, etc) that it would fail.

WE NEED TO SHOW FORCE to get what needs to be done and done RIGHT! We need some on the inside to start. Members need to get jobs with them and we can start from there ;D.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2006, 11:15 PM »
IDEA! Have like one person go out and buy all of the figures and cast them(more customizers like glasman6) paint them(again customizers) and mail them to people who want them. One figure could make 500 others. Just a thought.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Being realistic (I love the thoughts) is really pass on some of the over redundant repaints. The blue stripe and green clones are so lame. Its becoming like the rainbow the Jedi starfighters are. Do not buy 40 of them again. The Marvel crap other than the Han dont buy it. Pass on what you can really do without. Dont just buy it because its Star Wars.

Roran, you are right about those carded guys.

How the hell is the mini unleased continuing? Its rotting on shelves everywhere....
I have passed on the Han and Vaders in this last wave. I passed on H&V & I will be more picky in the future. Your not feeding me the same slop over and over again.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2006, 11:28 PM »
I have only one vader and only one clone. I need a new clon, but one is it.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2006, 11:32 PM »
IDEA! Have like one person go out and buy all of the figures and cast them(more customizers like glasman6) paint them(again customizers) and mail them to people who want them. One figure could make 500 others. Just a thought.

Under cut them with bootlegs, very good idea, but casting cost more that just buying the figure. If it is a sucky figure to begin with no one would want to pay more for it than they have too. If anyone knows how to do it cheap and bootleg them, speak up ;D.

Being realistic (I love the thoughts) is really pass on some of the over redundant repaints. The blue stripe and green clones are so lame. Its becoming like the rainbow the Jedi starfighters are. Do not buy 40 of them again. The Marvel crap other than the Han dont buy it. Pass on what you can really do without. Dont just buy it because its Star Wars.

Roran, you are right about those carded guys.

How the hell is the mini unleased continuing? Its rotting on shelves everywhere....
I have passed on the Han and Vaders in this last wave. I passed on H&V & I will be more picky in the future. Your not feeding me the same slop over and over again.

That is one way to stick it to them, but it doesn't work alone. Plus I feel that Star Wars with fade from stores before it has any effect. I do practice that myself though and have been even more so on the vehicle aspect part of it. If I want something bad enough I'll make it myself and know it will be in scale.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2006, 11:35 PM »
I'd say we stick it to them by continuing the campaign the right way and eventually getting Willrow on the pegs the right way.  The way Porkins made it, the way BoShek made it ::)