Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107510 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #225 on: September 24, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Saw 3 of these on the shelf today, looked up, and saw dozens more on the very top shelf. I don't see them going anywhere for a long time.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2006, 10:33 AM »
What an AT-AT looks like:

What Hasbro has sold you 5 someodd times since 1980:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2006, 03:55 PM »
It's a children's playing toy. Does it have to be 110% accurate? Methinks not. Besides, a completely to-scale and acurate AT-AT would have to be taller than a normal sized table and likely hundreds of dollars.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2006, 04:05 PM »
...and likely hundreds of dollars.

It's amost halfway there now  ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2006, 04:34 PM »
It's a children's playing toy. Does it have to be 110% accurate? Methinks not. Besides, a completely to-scale and acurate AT-AT would have to be taller than a normal sized table and likely hundreds of dollars.

Well, granted I don't expect the level of impecable perfection of the Naboo Flight Crew Member, one of the best figures of all time.  But what I do expect is something of a little more relative scale; that is, a body that is at least 2-3 times as big as the head of the AT-AT, not almost a 1:1 head to body scale like we have now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2006, 07:53 PM »
It's scale in no worse than the falcon, sandcrawler or shuttle in my book.  It is a good way for me to get on the floor and play with the munchkin and watch him use his imagination.  That is where this gets fun. :D

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Nothing is worst than the Sandcrawler for scale.  The Falcon is close in worst of all time.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: October 9, 2006, 04:12 PM »
When it comes to scale in this line, I've just accepted that your odds are low of getting anything "accurate".  Not to say it doesn't happen, it does more than people realize, but I think it's more a fluke when it does happen than something intentional. 

The AT-AT is project I've had for years now...  40"-ish high (rounded) is about where you'd be for scale, and a little longer than that.  I'd love it, but I don't expect it ever.

For me I'd like to see a scale AT-ST (in the feasible range of resculpts) first.  It's got to be the most inaccurately sculpted vintage vehicle they still crank the molds out for, and to get one in perfect scale to the figures wouldn't be difficult.  This is the single vehicle I think I'd like to see resculpted from the OT at this point...  The Snowspeeder is a close runner-up though (I'm not counting the Speederbike, I think they'll give it a go sometime).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 9, 2006, 05:49 PM »
For me I'd like to see a scale AT-ST (in the feasible range of resculpts) first.  It's got to be the most inaccurately sculpted vintage vehicle they still crank the molds out for, and to get one in perfect scale to the figures wouldn't be difficult.  This is the single vehicle I think I'd like to see resculpted from the OT at this point.

I agree with you completely, Jesse.  I'm not as much a stickler on scale, but I am when it comes to accurate design and decoration, and the AT-ST lacks that, big-time.  One would think that, what with it being the most prominent Imperial vehicle in ROTJ (other than the Shuttle) and with the two versions released so far in the modern era being so difficult to locate, Hasbro would take the opportunity to completely redo it with a new two-person head and completely new mold and stick it out in their precious "Starfighter Assortment."  I would think that it would fit in that size box, disassembled slightly, and they could even do a totally redone AT-ST Driver figure to sell in the 30th Anniversary waves next year.

But, I guess doing that would take attention away from Kit Fisto's and Saesee Tiin's Great Pumpkin Jedi Starfighters and the "We're Fresh Out of Ideas and Milking Molds For All They're Worth" White TIE Fighter, and we can't have that. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I'm just amazed that these seem to be moving at a steady pace. My closest TRU continues to sell them out and restock them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2006, 01:45 PM »
I'm amazed they are moving as well- this is one case where I thought a repaint was going to be a big mistake by Hasbro- who thinks of Endor and dog poo when they think of an AT-AT? If they had left it neutral but packaged it in an Endor box it could have worked for both enviroments...

Now give me a docking station/landing pad for $25-30 and I would be quite happy to drop some cash. But that would be wandering dangerously close to a playset or play environment for the big H.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2006, 02:54 PM »
After initially sitting for a bit, these seem to be selling at our local TRU as well.  I was kind of surprised due to the pricepoint, but maybe people just missed it the first time around (or someone is getting a pretty nice Christmas present).  It actually seems to be selling much better than the Dagobah X-Wing, unless they just keep restocking that or something.  Although we all have X-Wings, I thought that set up with the box and muck/etc., it looked pretty spiffy.  Granted, its $45, but the AT-AT is twice that.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Speakin of which-  I'm killing myself.. I bought two of these- one for a buddy and the promptly lost the damn receipt.   Turns out my buddy already HAD his and now I'm stuck with TWO of em!     One's opened and in my Endor display... the other.. I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do with it!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2006, 04:40 PM »
I'm tempted to pick this thing up before the TRU sale ends tomorrow.  10% off Deal or no Deal thing, plus a free figure to boot.  Not as bad of a deal, but still expensive.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2006, 08:27 PM »
....lost the damn receipt....

Oboewan

This beast is an exclusive to TRU so the should take it back with no problem. If anything the worst that could happen is they give you a gift card with the amount of the latest sale price.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron