Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45830 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2004
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2004, 07:58 AM »
And the Pats won 21 games in a row and are still an afterthought to the Sox, just the way Belichick likes it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2004, 08:51 AM »
Up here for our CFL, the Edmonton Eskimos bye their way into playoffs! 40-34 win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, sorry Brent!  :P

The Esks advanced to the post-season for the 33rd consecutive year. Thats pretty impressive.  8) 

We won the Grey Cup last yr & hopefully they win it again this yr!  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2004, 09:48 AM »
Well we certainly didn't deserve to make it.  That they were even close is sort of sad, given the attitude and the play for the year.  Much as I love to hate the Eskies, better team got it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2004, 02:03 PM »
Fork meet Cowboys. Done.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2004, 02:05 PM »
Fork meet Cowboys. Done.
Their D has been horrible, I've been impressed with Vinny and the O, but to give up 41 to the Pack and to roll over to the Steelers is really, really not good

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Nope. It was the most difficult game I've watched as a Cowboys fan. The Packerts scored on their first 7 possessions. The defense was unable to do ANYTHING about their attack. And Green Bay is sorry this year, too. To lose THAT BADLY to such a bad team.

The Cowboys THIS year are worse than last year. Parcells didn't even TRY and run the ball yesterday. I think he might be done, too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2004, 07:30 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHA!   ;D  :P  :-*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Now next week, do the same thing to the Eagles. That would be great. And the '72 Dolphins will be forever in their debt.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 1, 2004, 09:08 AM »
Did I expect the Pats to win every game?  Of course not.  Did I expect them to at least make their first loss a game?  Absolutely.  They looked like ****.  I can't explain it, maybe Tom got to much lovin the night before from his gorgeous girlfriend, who knows.  But give props to the Steelers, they played like they wanted it.  Me thinks these two teams are going to meet again in the playoffs.  Hopefully the outcome's different.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #84 on: November 1, 2004, 01:22 PM »
The Cowboys played a very solid game against Detroit, a team I think might make the playoffs (as a wild card) this year. We should have beaten the Steelers (though the fumble is still the fumble). We could be 5-2 instead of 3-4.

Maybe they aren't done but the problem with the Cowboys is that you can't tell which team will show up on Sunday: the one who played yesterday against the Lions? Or the one that got their arses handed to them by the Packers.

By the way, the Packers beat the Redskins yesterday, guaranteeing a win by Kerry in the election... :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 8, 2004, 07:57 AM »
The Pats started another winning streak with a convincing win over Mattie's Rams and their idiot coach. 

Steelers looking really good right now.  They look like the real thing after consecutive thumpings of the last two undefeated teams in the league.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: November 8, 2004, 09:39 AM »
I loved seeing the Rams get Beeeotched on that fake field goal, any time they get fooled on trick plays is gravy.  Martz should have been fired a while ago, getting rid of Warner and thinking he's a genius is just more proof

Huge game tonight for the Vikes, a Win and they are two games up on the Pack, a loss and they are only up one going in to Lambeau and they'll have pissed away another early season.  Moss is out 2-4 weeks so I can see the urine trickling down the leg already.

Should be a great game with two defenses that can't stop ****, I expect the Colts to roll the Vikings but we'll see.  The Colts have been my AFC team for a while now so while I want them to lose, I love watching them play

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 8, 2004, 10:23 AM »
Yay!  Something to be excited about when it comes to the Bucs.  An easy schedule from here on out (Games against Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona, San Fransisco and one more I forget who...) a new QB who's 3-1 as the team's starter and a bunch of receivers coming back from injury.

Playoffs aren't out of the question just yet...

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2004, 01:18 PM »
Well, I've decided that the NFC East bringing back the "throwback" coaches is a failed bit. Tuna took Dave Campo's team to 10-6, then brings in "his" guys, and we're 3-5 with 3 blowout losses. The Redskins with Joe Gibbs suck, too.

Time to toss back the Tuna. He just looks befuddled on the sideline.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Hah, another Steelers win...   :D

Whoooo!

Saw a picture online once...  Said the only sign of intelligent life in Cleveland was a roadsign saying how far it was to Pittsburgh on the Turnpike.  How true.  :P ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77