Author Topic: In Memory of Those Who Died  (Read 6190 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
In Memory of Those Who Died
« on: September 10, 2003, 03:38 PM »
Two years ago many of us watched in horror as the wrost attack on this country took place and thousands of inncoent people lost there lives.  It doesn't seem like it has already been two years since this day which for me started with me getting a little angry at my dad for waking me up so early (I had to be at work at 11 and asked them to wake me up before they left around 7).  I heard him saying something through the door about a plane crashing into the WTC which caused me to do two things at once, open the door and turning on my TV in my room, and I watched for a little bit in my room but decided I need to be with someone.  That day I said something which I think my grandfather said once he heard about the attack on Pearl Harbor which was to join the armed forces, he did( at age 30 or something higher) I didn't.  This day has made up my mind in what I would do if some idoit tries to Hijack a plane I'm on.
To anyone (on these boards/and else where) who lost loved ones my thoughts are with you as we appoach this terrible day.  

GOD BLESS AMERICA
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 05:51 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: In Memory of those who died
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 08:05 PM »
Hey Tom, I was about to start a thread about this but you beat me to it.   :-*

I can't believe it's been two years already.  It seems like it happened yesterday.  When this was all taking place I had downloaded every picture that made it to the Internet that I could download.  I did that knowing these pictures wouldn't be available forever, so I have them uploaded on my personal website.  The page is a dedication/memorial to those people who have lost their lives on that tragic day.  Here is the link...

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/091101.htm

[size=12]GOD BLESS AMERICA!!![/size]

dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 09:29 PM »
Truly a day none of us will ever forget and something I have been thinking a ton of lately...

Live Each Day to it's Fullest, Love Everyone As Much as You can and never forget the people who have come before us to make our country a great place to live...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 11:27 PM »
I think that as September 11, 2003 quickly approaches, that we remember those who lost their lives in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania.  It's not about politics, or anything on the left or the right.  It's about the people who died on those planes, at the Pentagon, and in the World Trade Center.  And it's also about the people who worked tirelessly to rescue and help others.  

I know one firefighter who miraculously survived the collapse of one of the Trade Center Towers, sheltered in a stairwell with other firefighters.  I've known him since 1976, and I now hold him in the highest esteem for having run into that building in the hopes of saving some of the people in the Trade Center.  And I also know many families in my area that had people who never came home.

Have the politics of the situation been blurred?  Yes.  But the people who were lost should never be forgotten, and your memories of them should be crystal clear.  Always remember the 3,000 plus people who never came home.  Always remember the 343 firefighters who didn't make it out of the World Trade Center.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 03:33 AM »
Hey Tom, I was about to start a thread about this but you beat me to it.   :-*

I can't believe it's been two years already.  It seems like it happened yesterday.  When this was all taking place I had downloaded every picture that made it to the Internet that I could download.  I did that knowing these pictures wouldn't be available forever, so I have them uploaded on my personal website.  The page is a dedication/memorial to those people who have lost their lives on that tragic day.  Here is the link...

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/091101.htm

[size=12]GOD BLESS AMERICA!!![/size]

I decided to start it here after I bumped the one over at the scum and saw what it became so I came here where cooler minds are and figure that this won't turn into a conspiracy thread.  I worked until midnight on the 10th and while driving home listened to the radio which was talking about 9-11.  WHile listening to them descirbe a picture in the LA Times I ended up starting to cry and felt the way I day two years ago.  The picture was of some guy "in mid-flight" after he jumped from the WTC, I can't imagine listen to them descibre it what that guy and the others must of felt like, do I burn to death or jump a 1,000 feet to my death.  
The firefighters who died that day are some of the ones I will be thinking of since I have wanted to be a firefighter and have some friends who are firefighter here in LA county.  After the first tower collapse the first thing I told my dad was "Oh my god, dad all of the fire fighter in there" or somehting to that regard.  That will be one of if not the worst day in firefighting history.  
God Rest there souls.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 07:13 AM »
2 years already, it seems just like yesterday.  I remember sitting there on that fateful day, doing what I'm doing now (on the computer at work).   At the time, I was sitting the furthest away from our receptionist and she was the first to hear.  Word spread quickly throughout the office.  I immediately switched from the music station I was listening to to an all news channel.  The rest of the day was spent listening to all the rampant rumors, constant updates and was also a day of reflection.  

The scarest part of the day for me personally was when I received a call from my sister.  At the time, she was a flight attendant and was in the air when everything happened.  After she landed, she tried to call my mother and couldn't get ahold of her (she was running errands) My sister called me and told me everything was all right, she was OK, etc.  She told me what happened on the plane when every plane in the air was told to land immediately and the conservations between her and the other flight attendants and the pilots.  Let me just say that the whole thing freaked her out to no end and she quit being a flight attendant by December of that year.

God Bless America and may all the victims rest in peace.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 09:09 AM »
A somber ride to work this moring as the radio station played the patriotic songs and shared stories of relatives, friends and strangers whos live drastically changed as a result of the actions 2 years ago. I have deep admiration for those men and women who came to the resure of all those in need, from the little old lady who donated a can of food to the firefighters who risked their lives with selfless abandon knowing they had little time to save the last person. My deepest sympathy goes out to all who lost loved ones in the 9-11 attacks and to those who continue to fight the war on terror.
 God Bless the USA
and thanks to all its supporters around the globe.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 06:36 PM »
America is #1, Indeed.

This one is for all of the victims (and their family), firefighters, police, and rescue personel.

Quite a few brave souls.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 08:31 PM »
It's been 2 years, yet it only feels like it was only about 4 months ago. My thoughts and prayers are with the people who lost loved ones on that fatefull day.

GODBLESSAMERICA
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 08:35 PM by Slave_531 »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Its been four years ago to the day that the world has seen one of the worst terrioist attack in the history of the modern world.  One of the saddest moments in this country's history and for me.  I can still remember most of everything that I I said in the first hour or so before the collapse of the towers. 

All of those who died will always be remembered from the people who fought back on flight 93 to the many unkown stories of people in the world trade center who give up they lives helping others to the firefighters and police officers to the normal day person who died because of where they were that day. 

One thing I kind of wish would of happen would of been the Alrington National Cemertary added an unkown crypt to the unkowns for those who died that day.  I was there in 1995 and our tour guide was saying how with DNA they will never be a need for more unkowns but many people were never id.  The remains of 5 people were buried in a unkown grave in the cemetary by the pentagon but they should of buried them in the Unkown area in my opinion.

Minute by minute account of attack from fromer CSW site (then Rebelscum).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 12:41 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 04:07 PM »
It's truly a day to reflect back, and again pray for the families and hope we are able to avoid any future tragedies such as this.

:P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 04:28 PM »
I was on alert today and watched a little CNN....they coveredt the 9-11 ceremony for about 2 minutes.

I hope no one ever forgets what happened that day.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 07:48 PM »
It certainly doesn't feel like 4 years, I remember everything like it happened yesterday. Horrible day, and I hope we can prevent furture attacks like these.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 10:36 PM »
I can't believe its been four years.  I will never forget holding my 1 week old son, celebrating the most joyous, overwhelming, wonderful thing that had ever happened in our lives and at the same time watching the most horrible, overwhelming, hateful thing that had ever happened in our lives.  God Bless everyone who lost their lives, who lost loved ones, those who gave their lives and those who work to preserve and defend our freedom.  May we never forget.  God Bless America.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 02:13 AM »
I worked all day and didn't even realize it was the 4 year (for lack of a better word) anniversary of September 11, 2001. It was a sobering moment for me.