Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586346 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How long has that damned RS been down?
« Reply #1755 on: August 17, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Since it's been pointed out that RS benefits from having more posts per minute than we get here at JD, I feel it's only fair to point out some of the benefits that JD has, that RS can't offer (and has downright refused to in some instances when asked by their members)...

• Private Store Reports section.
  •  Our
store reports forum here is for registered JD members only, and is closed to the general public, keeping scalpers and lurkers on the outside, unable to benefit from your finds.  We also monitor "lurking" online members, and will take action if they continue to review store reports without participating.
-----------------

[li]Consolidated Feedback forum and safe trading.[/li]  All of our member's trading feedback is updated regularly and is neatly and concisely consolidated into one thread per member for ease of your quick perusal, organized both alphabetically (linked), and numerically.  Plus, we've never had a single trade transaction go awry between two JediDefender members.  Safest, and most helpful, trading community on the net.
-----------------

[li]Meticulously organized and managed forums, with the ability to MERGE threads.[/li]  You won't find pages full of duplicate locked threads here at JD.  On the very rare occasion that a duplicate topic pops up around the board here, we have the magical, and completely painless, ability to simply the new topic with the old one.  No hassle, no hurt feelings, and it keeps the threads and forums here clutter-free and very easy to follow and browse through in search of your favorite topics.

On the even rarer occasion that a topic veers off into a completely unrelated discussion of another ongoing topic, we also have the cool ability to a topic up, and merge the necessary posts into the proper discussion elsewhere.  I'd like to stress that neither of these functions actually get used much here at JD, since our members are always completely on top of things on their own, and don't need any navigational assistance with their posts.  But it's a nice function to have handy at our moderator's fingertips, when the rare need arises.  We of course have the standard function, but what forum doesn't have that?  These tools all lead to the most organized and easy to browse forum around.  It also gives our mods something to play with, since there's little need for them otherwise...
-----------------

[li]You can swear here.[/li]  :P  This is an adult collecting community, and as such, we allow our members to speak freely and use some of the more colorful "adult" language that you might normally expect to encounter in the real world.  Our members have the option of turning their language filters on, or off, in their profiles, so it's entirely up to them the type of content they choose to read.  So ****, ****, assclown all you want around here!  8)
-----------------

[li]Close-knit community.[/li]  This is a group of friends here at JD, not a bunch of anonymous randoms who don't give two ***** about anyone but themselves.  We're pretty much all on a first name basis, we talk often, party often, and get together whenever and wherever we can.  It's a lot more fun discussing Star Wars and collecting with your buddies, and people you know, rather than a forum full of randoms that you'll never know, and who have no interest in getting to know you.  We're the Cheers of the collecting community, after all...  ;)
-----------------

[li]Staff and owner who participate, listen, and actually care.[/li]  This one's pretty self-explanatory, really.  The staff here pretty much just blends in with the rest of the gang, and usually forgets that they're actually here in any official capacity (since there's never a need for any moderation).  We're also here to serve our members needs, so when folks have a question, comment, or suggestion - we're all ears, and eager to discuss things with them, rather than giving them the finger, and telling them to "Get a life and move along" or "Because I said so, that's why."  We keep a close eye on our Site Feedback forum, and are usually quite quick to address any of our member's needs, and we love to hear, and often implement, their suggestions to make JD even better.  On the rare occasion that we have to implement some type of administrative decision or rule change (can't even really recall this ever happening), we'll definitely discuss the matter with our members so that everyone has a clear understanding of why something is happening, and a voice on whether or not they agree with it.
-----------------

[li]Average member age.[/li]  Our average member's age here at JD is probably in the early 30's.  Bunch'a mellow old timers here, which also means that we have a much more mature, intelligent, respectful, knowledgeable, articulate, and friendly membership base here.  This in turn obviously leads to the much higher post quality that you'll generally find here.  You'll likely never encounter a troll or flame war at JD either, or even a heated arguement really.  When they do occasionally pop up, our moderators are usually right on top of things, and serious forum infractions are never allowed to be repeated.  Like one of our mottos that BigDumbWookiee wrote up a while back: And remember: Here at JediDefender, we love you. Unless you're an *******.  :P
-----------------

[li]We're not here to profit off of you.[/li]  JD is not a business, it's a fansite, and Chris Berry (our owner) is not a businessman here to make a profit off of you, our members.  This is a non-profit site, and while we do have bills to pay to keep JD up and running, we're not going to stuff things down your throat every chance we get to make some coin off of our members.  We definitely won't lie to you and say "Our specially designed Starcases are just about sold out, and we'll never be making any more again, so hurry up and buy yours while supplies last..." and then turn around a couple months later and say "Hey, we've made more Starcases, and better yet, they'll cost even more than last time, so get 'em while they're hot!"  Nope, JD ain't a store.  We have a much better agenda - to talk about collecting Star Wars crap with our buddies.  Novel idea, huh?
-----------------

[li]The JD Sports Forum![/li]  Where else can you get all your sports talk in one place?!  8)
-----------------

[li]A booming Customs and Photo Novel section.[/li]  We've recently developed into one of the best customizing forums around.  Some great work, excellent tips, and an outstanding group of talented and friendly customizers.
-----------------

[li]We have llamas.[/li]  'Nuff said.[/list]

So there ya' go.  I could go on further, but you all probably get the point.  JD may not be a post whore machine like RS, but we've got some other pretty kickass benefits not offered elsewhere, which I think more than make up for a bunch of extra horse**** posts that usually don't even make much sense (or points) anyway.  See, now don't you all wish you hadn't gotten me started here?!?  :-X

- M
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 03:02 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 17, 2005, 11:59 PM »
You didn't even mention the giveaways! I think we're the only site that has them anymore?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 18, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Consolidated Feedback forum and safe trading. All of our member's trading feedback is updated regularly and is neatly and concisely consolidated into one thread per member for ease of your quick perusal, organized both alphabetically (linked), and numerically.  Plus, we've never had a single trade transaction go awry between two JediDefender members.  Safest, and most helpful, trading community on the net.

Well, back in the day RS did actually try to do that and made up some consolidated feedback threads.  I recall yours getting done Matt, but mine never did.  I think it was one of the guys that split off to GH that initiated it, but probably got a bit overwhelmed.  As for getting ripped off, nope, not here.  But I have at spawn.com and at RH though apparently one guy died before he could send my stuff ::)

You can swear here.   This is an adult collecting community, and as such, we allow our members to speak freely and use some of the more colorful "adult" language that you might normally expect to encounter in the real world.  Our members have the option of turning their language filters on, or off, in their profiles, so it's entirely up to them the type of content they choose to read.  So ****, ****, assclown all you want around here!  

Look, I'm sorry ok.  I try to keep it in, but it just doesn't work :-[

We're the Cheers of the collecting community, after all...
Hmm, that sounds familiar :-*

But you forgot the most important part of all Matt.  You've got the best ass in all of the star wars communities.  I mean except for the hair and all, but I digress.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1758 on: August 18, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Matt, you forgot one biggie

"I'm God, so live with it."-Greg(g), GNT

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 18, 2005, 12:02 AM »
You didn't even mention the giveaways! I think we're the only site that has them anymore?
snowtroopers.ca has them as well. ;)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1760 on: August 18, 2005, 12:06 AM »
-----------------

[li]You can swear here.[/li]  :P  This is an adult collecting community, and as such, we allow our members to speak freely and use some of the more colorful "adult" language that you might normally expect to encounter in the real world.  Our members have the option of turning their language filters on, or off, in their profiles, so it's entirely up to them the type of content they choose to read.  So ****, ****, assclown all you want around here!  8)
-----------------
- M

You mean I won't get scolded like a child for posting the word "dip****?"  ******' A!!   ;D
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 18, 2005, 12:09 AM »
But you forgot the most important part of all Matt.  You've got the best ass in all of the star wars communities.  I mean except for the hair and all, but I digress.

OK, now we've gone past that line of good taste.  I have the best ass.   >:(

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1762 on: August 18, 2005, 12:09 AM »
snowtroopers.ca has them as well. ;)

http://CreatureCantina.com is trying to give away some figures right now, but apparently nobody wants them.   :P
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1763 on: August 18, 2005, 12:12 AM »
Well, back in the day RS did actually try to do that and made up some consolidated feedback threads.  I recall yours getting done Matt, but mine never did.  I think it was one of the guys that split off to GH that initiated it, but probably got a bit overwhelmed.

Nope.  I was the one who always maintained my feedback thread at RS, and back then, I was pretty much the only one who made an effort to do that.  But I know what you're talking about, and while it was similar, Matt Carroll's effort there was definitely not quite the same as what we've got going on here.  He would have to copy/paste/link any and every wayward feedback post (which was pretty much all of them), to try to make a semblance of a consolidated feedback thread, and then put together a list of a few of the names that traded there, upon request.  Nothing like the well oiled machine that is the JD Feedback Forum though.  One thread per person, and that's it.  And our highly intelligent members don't even need help in getting their feedback posts in the right places!  Must be due to that kickass Feedback Directory we have...  ;)

But you forgot the most important part of all Matt.  You've got the best ass in all of the star wars communities...

I thought that pretty much went without saying.

Matt, you forgot one biggie

"I'm God, so live with it."-Greg(g), GNT

Now that one definitely went without saying!  ::)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 12:15 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 18, 2005, 12:14 AM »

OK, now we've gone past that line of good taste.  I have the best ass.   >:(

You're too short and your ass is too round.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 18, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much information.  ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 18, 2005, 12:20 AM »
Jealous?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 18, 2005, 12:25 AM »
Probably.  He doesn't have an ass.   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 18, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Probably.  He doesn't have an ass.   :P

I have 2, both of you!  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 18, 2005, 12:34 AM »
More than just that around here.

See, look at the high quality of posts here at JD.  RS?  Pish-tosh.  You can't get this quality there.  Of course you probably can't get three Canadians morons on the site at the same time either.