Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 62624 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2007 Playoffs
« Reply #345 on: May 22, 2007, 09:19 AM »
So what is everyone's opinion about the game last night?  Should LeBron have taken the last shot (which would've been a layup) to tie the game, or did he make the right play by passing to a wide open Marshall for the three (and the win)?

It's lookin' a lot like he should have taken the layup.

I haven't watched an NBA game since they suspended Amare and Diaw.  The NBA threw the series, the Spurs are dirty as ****, and now I suddenly lost interest.  Come on, you've got Bruce Bowen kicking Amare's legs out, you've got Horry hip checking Nash off the court, you've got Ginobili swinging his elbows all over the damn place, and Amare/Diaw get suspended because they stood up.  Gimme a break.

Even if you've got to throw the book at them, you've got to suspend them in the playoffs of all times with no appeal?  They should have at least been suspended for regular season games.

Anyhow, I'm done with the NBA for a while.  I'm sure the Arizona market isn't thrilled either.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 22, 2007, 09:29 AM »
So what is everyone's opinion about the game last night?  Should LeBron have taken the last shot (which would've been a layup) to tie the game, or did he make the right play by passing to a wide open Marshall for the three (and the win)?

He made the right play.  If they were at home, the layup would've been the right play. 

I'm with Dressel, I'm done with the NBA this year.

I was following Phoenix, Chicago and GS - they're out and so am I.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2007, 05:21 PM »
despite having no interest in any remaining teams, i can't resist watching at least a little.

i think lebron should have gone for the tie.  if he sends it to overtime the cavs have the momentum and probably the win.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2007, 09:21 AM »
For the sake of television ratings, you know that the NBA and the networks are PRAYING that LeBron somehow gets into the Finals.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2007, 09:28 AM »
For the sake of television ratings, you know that the NBA and the networks are PRAYING that LeBron somehow gets into the Finals.

I doubt anyone really cares unless they live in Cleveland or San Antonio.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 29, 2007, 05:03 PM »
bron bron sells alot of jerseys all over the country.  i don't think you can really say that about anyone else left in the playoffs.   i don't think anyone (outside of the contending cities) is really watching anymore anyhow, but it would be even worse without lebron.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 1, 2007, 12:00 AM »
LeBron put on an amazing display tonight.  Wow .....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 1, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Yeah, that was a heck of a performance last night.  I had been watching the game on and off throughout the evening, but really started watching at the beginning of the 4th - a good time to tune in.  It was quite a game to watch, and I really hope Cleveland is able to close them out.  It would be nice to see a different team in the finals, and see LeBron on the big stage.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 2, 2007, 11:47 PM »
Well done, LBJ.  Well done.
Do I think that Cleveland will beat San Antonio?  No.  Not really.  But when you have a player of LeBron's talent on your team, you just never know.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 3, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Do I think that Cleveland will beat San Antonio?  No.  Not really.  But when you have a player of LeBron's talent on your team, you just never know.

Key to the series will be how they call Bowen's d on LeBron.  If they let them play Spurs will sweep, if not Cavs get 2 games.   :P

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 4, 2007, 06:22 PM »

Key to the series will be how they call Bowen's d on LeBron.  If they let them play Spurs will sweep, if not Cavs get 2 games.   :P

i agree if the spurs get by with bowen 1 on 1 with james, the spurs sweep.  the rest of the players on the cavs will not do as well if james doesn't draw lots of double and triple teams.  but, if james can make duncan come over to help, varajao, gooden and ilgauskas can be very effective.

i am much more excited about the playoffs suddenly.  i hope this is a very good series.  and, i never would have thought i would be saying it, but i am rooting for a team from the east.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 6, 2007, 10:45 PM »
So ... the Finals begin tomorrow.  Any thoughts or predictions?

I'll say Spurs in 6.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #357 on: June 7, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I don't watch basketball, but if the Cav's win, there's probably a nice commission coming our way at work... so I'll be rooting for them. What do you guys think their odds are? I was checking out both of the teams' stats over ESPN, and it looks like the Spurs have an advantage on paper. Like I said, though, I don't watch basketball.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 7, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Spurs in seven.

Why not.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 8, 2007, 06:04 AM »
Will one of you please wake me up when the Finals are over?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2007, 06:04 AM by Neal »