Author Topic: new endor rebels trooper question  (Read 5681 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
new endor rebels trooper question
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:34 PM »
 has anyone tried cutting the jacket off? cause i find it limits all of its arm movements and im just wondering if there are actual moveable shoulders under the jacket. also wondering if it would still look good.

and of course any way to cut the jacket off...but still keep it intake to maybe put back on like maybe cut under the arms down to the waist? i dont know if it would work..but if anyone has done this a little help here? :D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: new endor rebels trooper question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:56 PM »
The Vest?

It comes off without a knife...

I have done 3 different things with mine..

Cut the sleeves off,

Cut slits up the sides of the sleeves like you suggested, and

just taken it off all the way and put Luke Endor's Poncho on them.

Not to steal Jesse's line, but the Endor Rebel STILL Sucks.  Good legs, decent weapon....craptastic under-articulated upper body.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 12:08 AM »
i've done the same.

the lower arms actually pop on and off very easily, with out boiling or anything, and that makes the vest very easy to take off. i have cus the sleeves on a couple, whihc looks ok. but my personal fav. mo on thses guys is to totaly remove the jacket and throw, just about any will work, a solo black vest on them, it looks great and allows for full use of the articulatio, or lack there of, in the arms. hope that helps a bit.

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:54 AM »
As the gang have noted, the vest comes off pretty easily without cutting...  But yeah it's definitely hindering articultion that's under there (there are basic shoulder joints for the record).  One option for taking off the vest is slapping on a camo trench coat ala the one that came with VTSC Han and creating a "Sergeant" Trooper (as per the Side Show 12" Sgt. figure they're making). 

If you're looking for accuracy though for a vested Endor Rebel Trooper, well like Paul said, "The Endor Trooper Sucks" if you're wanting him to have poseable arms.  I find that cutting the vest he has looks bad in general...  The cuts just don't look right to me, and if you cut the sleeves off totally it's not accurate.  Hasbro needs to resculpt that figure is what it boils down to...  I've got a review on him coming up that won't be real nice I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 08:13 AM »
One option for taking off the vest is slapping on a camo trench coat ala the one that came with VTSC Han and creating a "Sergeant" Trooper (as per the Side Show 12" Sgt. figure they're making). 

That's exactly what I did, JJ- in fact, I stained an extra Han Trenchcoat in green paint-stirred water and it came out much more like the SS version!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:33 PM »
I may have to try that myself (staining) to get the green color...  I've been debating how to do that actually.  Did the brown still show through for camo markings on yours DB?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 06:44 PM »
It sure did!  It really reminds me of the SS version.  All it takes really is to pour a bit of green acrylic paint into a small bowl of water, stir it until it looks like pea soup, and drop the coat in to soak for a while.  After you remove it, let it dry for a while and it should come out the way you want ;D
Greg Reeves

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 06:59 PM »
I may have to give that a go over the holiday weekend DB, thanks...  I was debating trying it with Easter Egg dye, or Rit Dye...  I was afraid it would flub up the jacket though so I've been scrambling for scraps of fabric in a similar tan/brown color to try it on first.

This sounds interesting htough...  May give it a try with Tamiya flat green and see what happens.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 10:59 PM »
There's a different Endor trooper in the ROTJ tin too. switch the heads on them.The 30
dollars is a little steep for customizing :o
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 07:22 AM »
You could also put the figure in boiling water. The vest becomes really soft than and will be easy to slide off. Especially if you popped out the underarms of the guy.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:27 PM »
hmmm wow...never actually noticed how easily the arms poped off before  ::)
i guess i was also a little worried id snap the joint.

the articualtion is still pretty bad though. i noticed the arms are stiff...but owell il have to do with it..ill probably try some soft goods on him though...now i actually have some motivation to army build a small group of rebels  :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 02:16 AM »
Great! You know, I think you can make more than a couple of soldiers. On Rebelscum there's a neat little piece of info, which says that with all the vintage ewok figures, one could make 2048 different combinations with all of those hoods, satchels, bows, spears, etc.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Here's a pic that doesn't quite show how much green absorbed in, but it shows a little!

Greg Reeves

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2006, 09:26 PM »
OHH! That's cool 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 9, 2006, 10:39 PM »
thats looks pretty cool i want to try it out now.