Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76416 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2007, 12:00 PM »
I think it'd be nice (although it's probably just me) if Hasbro did an all-white Marine as they were depicted in one of the Clone Wars comics.  Still, I doubt that will happen since the VTSC/VTAC Snowtrooper is coming out shortly and this would look too much like it from a non-collector standpoint.

I was under the impression that the Marines were an elite unit, exclusively under the command of Bacara and Ki-Adi-Mundi.  I guess that every Jedi got their own, though.  CRANK OUT THE TOYS, HASBRO!   ::)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Has there been any EU of a clone wearing similar armor like Cody?  It almost seems odd that he'd be the only one to have it.  Plus it'd give hasbro a chance to redeem the figure somewhat if they went back and gave him better legs.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2007, 02:15 PM »
I'm hoping the possible Galactic Marine variation is the all white version.  Would anyone who army builds not want a few of them?

For reference Fritzkrieg made some damn good ones...

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2007, 09:31 PM »
I am too.  I've been waiting for it from the start.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2007, 09:39 PM »
That all white Galactic Marine would be a great companion piece to any kind of a Dark Times themed Comic 2-pack (or would that be from the last issues of Republic?).  I don't know if they ever ID'd that Clone Commander by name, but that would be equally welcome!

***EDIT - Okay, that would be Commander Keller.  And here are his troops, too.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 08:25 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2007, 01:54 AM »
Guys, for the record I don't expect much to come of the "variation" on color there...  I don't expect anything to come of it, other than R2-DToys to have listed something that isn't really a story.  As was pointed out to me by our administrator, they were listing the clones as UGH then changed them...

Don't count on white Marines or 501st airborne or whatever...  I'd kind of dig that, but don't count on it.  Just interesting speculation to a little blurb that came up on their site.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2007, 02:35 AM »
Guys, for the record I don't expect much to come of the "variation" on color there...  I don't expect anything to come of it, other than R2-DToys to have listed something that isn't really a story.  As was pointed out to me by our administrator, they were listing the clones as UGH then changed them...

Don't count on white Marines or 501st airborne or whatever...  I'd kind of dig that, but don't count on it.  Just interesting speculation to a little blurb that came up on their site.

I guess all will be revealed on 1-5-07 (5-1-07 for US based members) when wave 3 is scheduled to land on my door step.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2007, 03:02 AM »
R2DToys changed their page some from what was once listed there, so this is pretty likely the UGH promo they're covering up...  I don't expect much more honestly, from what I've been told, but true we'll see when they're out.  That's the joy of rumors...

The opinion on the rumor was mixed anyway, some loving it and some hating it...  I like Clone variants but I don't have enough of the film ones yet to suit me so paint variants weren't something I was looking forward to so soon, hah.

There was some apparant confusion on the story though...  I guess it wasn't spelled out clearly for some folks that this was a rumor and maybe wasn't much of anything at all, so some people started freaking out at other sites about it...  Who'd have thought that.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I don't know why the color change being the coin didn't occur to me, but I'm glad that that's most likely the case.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Yeah, till photos surface it's debateable but given that Wave 1 Clones still aren't overly abundant, I think it'd be a premature thing to repaint them in the basic line anyway...  The coins though are likely an R2-Dtoys cover-up on early wording from what I was told, since I guess they listed them as UGH earlier and are now backpeddling in how they worded the listing and things.

Good for us...  I guess?  ???

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Can anyone scan those "crisp" pictures from SW Insider?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 1, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Wave 3 has hit:
30th Anniversary Wave 3 Figures Out At Retail
by Jay at 13:21:08 on 05/01/07
» send to friend » digg » del.icio.us

Whitewolf writes in with the following information of his finds at his local Toys R Us.

"We got more 30th Anniversary figures in this week, and Hasbro is apparently switching them up with revision cases and the brand new Wave 3. I don't know about the rest of the country, but Wave 3 is showing up in the Maryland/Washington D.C. area.

Wave 2.5 consists of:

*Utaupau Obi-Wan
*Flamin' Super Battle Droid
*Airborne Trooper x2
*Galactic Marine
*Death Star Trooper x2
*Oil Slick R2-D2
*Han Solo
*Ceremonial Luke
*McQuarrie Stormtrooper
*McQuarrie Boba Fett
(X-Wing Biggs and Rebel Honor Guard have been omitted from this wave)

Wave 3 consists of:

*Darth Vader (with Obi-Wan robes) x2
*Deleted Scene Biggs Darklighter x2
*Luke Skywalker (with Vaporator) x2
*Super-articulated Jawa with LIN Droid x2
*VOTC Stormtrooper (with removable helmet) x2
*McQuarrie Chewbacca x2"

Stay tuned to JI as Whitewolf will be doing reviews of wave 3 for us in the next few days.

Anyone on the east coast, besides me, should start looking.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 1, 2007, 10:51 PM »
 >:(Darn I've only found 2 figures from wave 2. Luke S.I've could'va passed on this,but I wanted the coin(fodder bin) and the death star trooper. other than that ,haven't seen SQUAT! :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #208 on: May 1, 2007, 10:57 PM »
Wow.  That's nuts.   :o

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 1, 2007, 11:56 PM »
Yeah this seems unusually early to me, and I think it's just some kind of aberration because even the Cali collectors haven't seen this yet.  I think this find is going to prove to be extremely localized and that this wave will hit en masse for June 1.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda