Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 143875 times)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1260 on: May 28, 2004, 06:22 AM »
Why don't you do a complete archive of Kubricks, Adam! Lots of meat for your sandwich there!

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1261 on: May 28, 2004, 08:32 AM »
lol if I tried to do a complete Kubrick archive, I'd probably go insane, more quickly than I'm already going there ;)

Plus, I'd have to get donations/loans of Kubrick collections for the photographs. Eek....

If anyone wants to lend me a hand, I need to find ultra high resolution logos for Kubrick Unbreakable, TOMY, Medicom Toys and the Star Wars logo they use on the packaging. I can use a high res scan, but I think it'd end up looking like poodoo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 08:41 AM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1262 on: May 28, 2004, 09:19 AM »

BTW evenflow; Nice score on the R2! Have you got the other carded SW Kubricks as well?

No thats the first one. I don't think i will ever be able to afford the Boba Fett, but Luke is doable. He is next. :)
I'm with you, but its going to bug me to no end seeing a Luke and R2 on top of case and knowing there is another carded Kubrick out there

I can't argue that, but for now I will just have to deal. Who knows what the future will bring.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1263 on: May 28, 2004, 09:39 AM »
Hopefully a $300 price drop.  Does anyone know if the production run on Fett is similar to Luke and R2 or is it much less?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1264 on: May 28, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Sure, make me look all over cyberspace!  :P  Google sucked!

From what I could find, I got 2 answers from past auctions on the Boba. Anywhere from 100 to 150 made. Way less.

BOBA FETT MEDICOM TOY BAPE

Boba Fett Toy Exhibition '03

Thats if they know what there talking about. I'm sure Simon would have a better answer.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1265 on: May 28, 2004, 01:24 PM »
If that's it, you found one hell of a bargain, relative to production numbers.  Carded Fett is not on my list of things to grab.  Just too much money and need to finish loose vinty first.  Luke is a possibility as are the loose Fett twins.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1266 on: May 28, 2004, 08:10 PM »
I would only be able to guess the number based on the amount that have been on the second hand market, and any amount of Carded Fetts would be pure speculation, but its alot less than the R2's.  150-300 maybe. But nobody will really know.

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1267 on: June 2, 2004, 06:33 AM »
Carded Fett produced around 150 that I heard some where before :)
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1268 on: June 2, 2004, 08:48 AM »
For that person that won the lottery!

Kubrick Giant MEGA-lot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1269 on: June 2, 2004, 09:13 AM »
One way to knock them all down in fell swoop

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1270 on: June 2, 2004, 09:39 AM »
Very nice auction. Saves alot of time, but its alot of cash to hand over at once.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1271 on: June 2, 2004, 03:08 PM »
$1,300 BIN for that near complete set.  I trust your keen Kubrick eyes will be able to figure out the one piece that's missing from it though...   ;)  I'd say the $1,300 is just a shade high, but not too much though.  Maybe just a hundred or two above current market values, which ain't too bad, especially when getting everything all together, nice and convenient, like this.  It'll be fun to see where the auction ends up.  I like those little individual cases too.  They look like they'd barely fit the figures in a standing position (if they weren't currently getting the Dale treatment, that is...)

Fun pic.  Haven't seen all 3 carded figures together yet, I don't think.  As such, I think it bothers me a little now, that R2's bubble is on the "wrong side"...   :-\

« Last Edit: June 2, 2004, 03:10 PM by KG's fishing buddy »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1272 on: June 2, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Wow.  Looks like prices have been dropping on the Kubricks a little lately.  I see completed auctions on a carded Fett at $355 and carded Luke for $40.  Getting better!  Especially for those of you who never grabbed the Luke before.  ROTJ Fett variant down to $50 in one auction as well.  Even the single packed figures from Series 1 and 2 are down to the $9 - $12 range now, and popping up with more frequency (Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Greedo, Tusken, Ben).

This auction for a complete set, minus the carded and ultra variants, ended at only $191.  Not bad, considering it had a complete Early Bird set, and the two easier chases from Series 2 in it.  Excellent "starter set" for someone...

Looks like the only Early Bird set and Indy figure still held up strong though.  Not a single "vintage" Fett chase figure up lately though (despite several of the ROTJ versions).

Always fun catching up on these little guys on eBay.  Still need to track down a couple more of the Bootleg sets too, so maybe I should concentrate on that during this "Series 3 downtime"...   :-\
« Last Edit: June 2, 2004, 04:15 PM by KG's fishing buddy »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1273 on: June 2, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Another cool custom by Tony...

Love his work, but just can't afford 'em all...   ;)

Anyone interested in delving into the bootleg sets should hop on this auction real quick!  All 3 regular movie sets for just $55 BIN, and FREE shipping.  Excellent deal!   8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1274 on: June 2, 2004, 08:10 PM »
I was actually thinking about the bootleg sets, but decided against it. I cant really afford it.