Author Topic: eBay Kubrick Scams and Fakes  (Read 99361 times)

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Kubrick Scams and Fakes
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2010, 08:39 PM »
LOL, that makes no sense. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Not a fake, but This auction for a 400% Luke Trooper is a pretty obnoxious scam.  List price is currently on $.99, but the seller wants $126 to ship it to you.  I've seen this auction a few times - how does Ebay let this go on and on?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2010, 02:48 AM »
Not a fake, but This auction for a 400% Luke Trooper is a pretty obnoxious scam.  List price is currently on $.99, but the seller wants $126 to ship it to you.  I've seen this auction a few times - how does Ebay let this go on and on?

Yeah I've seen this pop up a few times but I think the ultraman is worse at $219.60 shipping!
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2010, 03:42 AM »
Yeah, that's circumventing fees. Start the auction at a low price to avoid the fees & just add on the high shipping cost to get what they want. Unless someone reports these auctions, eBay will do nothing.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Yeah, that's circumventing fees. Start the auction at a low price to avoid the fees & just add on the high shipping cost to get what they want. Unless someone reports these auctions, eBay will do nothing.

I've reported them before.  Ebay still doesn't do anything about it - at least not anything I have visably seen.  Seems like they would given it is Ebay that is getting hosed here. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2010, 05:39 PM »
I might be wrong but this Luke Stormtrooper chase looks to have the wrong hairstyle. Unfortunately looks like someone has bid on it already. Hope I'm wrong tho.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310235837096&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2010, 07:53 PM »
It does look odd, but it's possible that the hair is just shifted on the head, or that a reflection from the bag is making it look strange.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2010, 07:43 AM »
It does look odd, but it's possible that the hair is just shifted on the head, or that a reflection from the bag is making it look strange.

I'm not sure about this one.  The hair looks funny, but the figure is sealed in the bag, so maybe it is legit.  Or maybe it's just resealed.  If it is real, where is the gun?

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Can someone let me know if the helmet for Luke in Stormtrooper disguise fits on his head. The reason I ask is I've just received this figure from someone on Ebay and the helmet doesn't fit on Lukes head. The figure came in a plastic bag which looked genuine enough but when I opened it the limbs were very loose and his head came off very easily. I have a bad feeling that this figure has been made up from a Stormtrooper and a Luke Bespin (am I right in thinking both Luke figures use the same head?). Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06 PM »
The helmet does fit on, but it is a very tight fit. I just put the helmet on mine about 3/4 of the way, and decided that was enough (I didn't want it to get stuck).

He does have the exact same hair as bespin Luke, right dow to the tiny bit of paint to represent the bottom of his ear.

I cracked mine out of a sealed box, so I think what you got is the real deal. I've had brand new figures with loose joints and heads too.  :-\

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2010, 04:22 PM »
Thanks Dan, your info makes me think I have a genuine figure. The fact his head fell off and the helmet didn't go on too far worried me a bit. Cheers

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2010, 05:21 PM »
The fact his head fell off and the helmet didn't go on too far worried me a bit.

The head of that figure should not fall off.  The Series 8 figures are the only SW figures I'm aware of where the heads where attached such that they can be removed without having to break the torsos open...

Sorry to say this, but I think you got ripped off if your figure's head is removable...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Here's a couple of photos of the offending item!

I'm thinking fake but I've never pulled apart a kube before so don't really know how they fit together.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I still think you just got a real figure since it was sealed, but still a lemon in some ways. Cutting up a bespin luke and stormtrooper would cost as much as a real luke trooper, I just don't see the motivation.

Medicom makes some great products, but errors do get through quality control. I'm looking at my Yakface that I busted out of a master case with only one ear painted on the inside. Things happen...

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2010, 07:34 PM »
My S4 Hoth Solo and Stormie had head issues, and my chase looks just like your Luke.  It looks pretty real to me.  At least the paint job is nice, my (original) S2 Han looked like a bird **** on his head...but it swiveled just fine ;)