Author Topic: MLB 2007  (Read 46284 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2007
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Somehow I don't see the same Cinderella story with Clemens. Contact me in August for an update to see if I'm wrong about that.

DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Somehow I don't see the same Cinderella story with Clemens. Contact me in August for an update to see if I'm wrong about that.

DS

Be careful I might be contacting you after every Clemens start between now and then.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2007, 06:13 PM »
Nothing to be careful about; I expect it from you-as long as you do it for all types of starts ;). I'm sure everyone else will appreciate you doing that too :P.

DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 5, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Let the elimination #'s begin

Yankees @ 100  :)
Giants @ 100  :(
Reds at ....something bad  :-\

DS
« Last Edit: June 5, 2007, 01:22 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #124 on: June 7, 2007, 03:08 PM »
The Braves are sucking so, so bad this year. The pitching is weak, the hitting is nonexistent... Andruw Jones is not helping to carry the team the way he used to... I hate to say it, but I'm wondering if the Braves might be able to trade him for something else.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 7, 2007, 03:28 PM »
What??? I know about Andru's problems..but this is what, his first bad year? I thought they were a pretty good team until a few weeks ago when they started sliding. They should be alright considering the Mets are sliding lately too-however they are getting some of their injured back and this looks to change.

My team has been crippled in 1 and 2 run games this year :(

DS 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2007, 01:31 PM »
So yeah, I agree that 5 or 6 games below .500 (and 10+ games out of first) in late May is no big deal...  :D

See?  Just two weeks later and our two most-discussed teams are back over .500:  32-31  :)

As DR pointed out, this is the span where Liriano became a stud and the Twins rolled off 19 wins in 20 games.  I don't think that's in the cards for us this year, but at least I'm in the AL Central so I don't have to give up hope yet.  :D

The Braves are sucking so, so bad this year.

Indeed.  They appear to be just what my team needed to get the bats going again.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Let's talk about the Yankees 8 game winning streak.  Soon to be 9 as they're winning today too.  Let's talk about Mariano Rivera's 7 mph he added to his cutter pushing it to 95 this month.  And let's talk about Abreu and Cano getting out of their slumps.  And let's talk Clemens.  And let's talk about the healthy pitching staff of Clemens-Pettitte-Mussina-Wang that has replaced DeSalvo, Wright, and Karstens.  Yanks are back baby, the AL East ain't over yet.  We made up 6 games in the standings in 9 days.  Expect 90+ wins still, now that they're out of their slumps and their pitching staff isn't ravaged by injuries.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Let's talk about the Yankees. . .  Let's talk about Mariano Rivera. . .  And let's talk about Abreu and Cano. . .  And let's talk Clemens. . .  And let's talk about the healthy pitching staff. . .

Yes, let's talk about all of those things.  The Yankees get far too little attention around these parts.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Let's talk about the Yankees 8 game winning streak.  Soon to be 9 as they're winning today too.  Let's talk about Mariano Rivera's 7 mph he added to his cutter pushing it to 95 this month.  And let's talk about Abreu and Cano getting out of their slumps.  And let's talk Clemens.  And let's talk about the healthy pitching staff of Clemens-Pettitte-Mussina-Wang that has replaced DeSalvo, Wright, and Karstens.  Yanks are back baby, the AL East ain't over yet.  We made up 6 games in the standings in 9 days.  Expect 90+ wins still, now that they're out of their slumps and their pitching staff isn't ravaged by injuries.

Yeah, let's talk about them...NOT! Something tells me you would be one doing the most typing,promoting,arrogance-bragging, sore winnerisms and whatever else you're entitled too. My team is sucking now, they had an 8 game winning streak awhile back that put them 4 games over 500 and since they dropped back-sure, I got excited too but I refrained from making any season predictions like division winning ect. The Yanks are back??! Really? They are in position to make playoffs if they started today? I'm in denial because I hate them and their arrogant fans. 'How many championships did you're team win, baby?'= Typical BS. The Yankees Baby...NO.

DS   

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2007, 04:22 PM »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Wow my lowly favorite team has won a whole 2 in a row :P. To think we get congratulated by the visiting Pads this week ::). Going to the game tommorrow-hope it's a sunny day for a splashdown!

Can't wait for the All Star Game... I hope there's some splashdowns in it and the home run derby too.

DS

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2007, 11:08 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ApcKoZBEB1NKxHOWPpm2ocARvLYF?slug=ap-all-stars-pujolsupset&prov=ap&type=lgns

When did Pujols become such a bitch?  He whined and cried about not winning the MVP last year, too.  I don't remember him being such a whiner, but maybe I just hadn't seen it until the MVP thing.

And on the subject, am I the only person that's become increasingly bored of the All-star game?  And even more so the home run derby?  I didn't watch a moment of either of them this year.

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2007, 12:54 PM »

When did Pujols become such a bitch?  He whined and cried about not winning the MVP last year, too.  I don't remember him being such a whiner, but maybe I just hadn't seen it until the MVP thing.

Not to mentioned he certainly hasn't lived up to the #1 pick overall in fantasy baseball.  Bastard.

And on the subject, am I the only person that's become increasingly bored of the All-star game?  And even more so the home run derby?  I didn't watch a moment of either of them this year.

John

Nope.  I watched a bit of the homerun derby but between Berman's "backbackback" and lame ass nicknames and Joe Morgan just speaking, I turned it off pretty quickly.

I had the ASG on in the background and paid attention when the Sox representatives were up or pitching, but other than that, I had no interest really. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2007, 01:25 PM »
. . .Berman's "backbackback". . .

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed with that.  I caught just a little of the HRD (most of Pujols' last appearance), and Berman did the backbackback thing at least two or three times for Pujols alone.  No telling how many times he did it throughout the whole thing.  In a game situation, fine, but in the HRD, when there's no outfielder chasing it down?  Shaddup.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."