Author Topic: Silver Clone Trooper  (Read 2151 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Silver Clone Trooper
« on: June 5, 2003, 01:02 PM »
This was taken directly from the Hasbro UK website...

Special Edition Silver Clone Trooper Action Figure - UK

We are pleased to announce that the Special Edition Silver Clone Trooper will be available to fans in the UK.  The figure will be available to fans through promotion with Toy's R Us, as part of a global strategy, later in 2003.  The promotion and dates have not yet been confirmed. Watch this space!  
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Clone Trooper
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2003, 01:16 PM »
Interesting.  Nice to see that the UK will be getting it.  :(

obi_robz

« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2003, 01:20 PM »
I’m really pleased about this report. I only have the Silver R2 because of the TRU UK promotion last year, and it would have cost a bomb if I’d had to go to eBay for it. I also heard that Silver Boba will be made available here through an as yet un-revealed promotion. Very good news for the UK, for once.

My Silver collection will never be complete though, because Toyfair Vader still hits the 150GBP ($249) mark – ridiculous.

I can never understand why Canada is so poorly served when it comes to SW figs – it’s as if Hasbro doesn’t like you or something  ;) .
« Last Edit: June 5, 2003, 01:26 PM by obi_robz »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2003, 01:29 PM »
That price on the Toy Fair Vader is crazy. Even on eBay its way to high. Glad I got mine for, I think it was $12.99 through the club.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2003, 03:22 PM »
That price on the Toy Fair Vader is crazy. Even on eBay its way to high. Glad I got mine for, I think it was $12.99 through the club.

Yeah, that's exactly what I paid for mine.  The card on my TF Vader is has a slight crease on it, and I've been offered $100-150 for it.  I'm not giving this figure up for nothing.  It's by far one of the coolest figures ever made!
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2003, 03:23 PM »

I just hope he comes to the US.  I'm sure he will though, and when he does I'll be one of the first in line to get him.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2003, 03:24 PM »
I can never understand why Canada is so poorly served when it comes to SW figs – it’s as if Hasbro doesn’t like you or something  ;) .

I also don't understand why Canada is left in the dark all the time.  Hasbro should definitely be taking care of them, just like they do for the UK and US.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 5, 2003, 03:25 PM »
The figure will be available to fans through promotion with Toy's R Us, as part of a global strategy, later in 2003.

Check out your own quote from Hasbro there Chris.  "Part of a global strategy..."  Probably safe to assume the TRU's here in the States will be considered in part of "global" marketing campaign.  No worries bro!  I'm guessing his distribution will be very similar to the Silver R2, so we should be in good shape...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 5, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Population.  Canada barely exists as far as they are concerned.  How you ignore a market with 30 million people is beyond me, but there have to be as many buyers in all of Canada as there are in LA and New York combined, aren't there?  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.