Author Topic: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 86773 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2007, 09:30 PM »
I read on the RS boards that supposedly this wave is being pushed back to September. True? If so, I guess I'll be ahead of the game when my CZ-4 arrives from Amazon in a week or so.  ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2007, 09:47 PM »
Reid, would you mind posting a link to that? Thanks!

I have a very nice Raleigh collector from RebelScum hooking me up with a full case on Monday, so I'm pretty excited. For $86, it's cheaper than buying 12 basic figures at Target. Not bad at all... I'm just worried about lead paint on the figures (I'm an opener)  :P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Reid, would you mind posting a link to that? Thanks!

Sorry, I searched for about 10 minutes but I couldn't find the damn page. You'll just have to take my word for it though.  ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2007, 10:32 PM »
But what if I don't trust you?  ;)

Thanks for searching for the article/post. I appreciate it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2007, 09:29 AM »
No worries about the lead pain Greg. Hasbro's been cleared of that fiasco.

As for pushing back to September, a few people have found these at retail, so that would be weird if it was true.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2007, 01:27 AM »
I finally got around to opening up almost all of this wave today.  The Cantina Aliens are kind of average.  And truth be told, I actually like the curved pieces and how the bar goes together.

CZ-4 is very nice.  The sculpt and articulation are very good for a protocol droid.

Luke is alright.  But I'm still on the fence about the whole plastic obi thing.  I'd still rather have a Death Star 2 Luke than a sail barge Luke.

I think the sleeper of the wave is Umpass Stay.  Sure, the legs are preposed.  But the rest of the figure is awesome.  Nice articulation in the arms.  Great head sculpt.  And the gong is one of the coolest accessories to come down the pike in a while.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47 AM »
Lookie what King Maul just posted in the SoCal Finds secion:

Yeah, I think there are 12 of them (UGH).  Here's a pic of what I ended up getting:

8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 20, 2007, 07:31 AM »
Gold coins....must have gold coins..... ;) 
Beth

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2007, 08:13 AM »
I want those cantina aliens somethin' awful. I hope it doesn't take long to find them. :)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Got a full set of these figures today. Now I need to go open them...  ;D

Well, after opening these guys, here are my thoughts:

BOBA FETT- Not too great. The colors are cool and he makes a great generic Mandalorian warrior, but he is not as good as the other figures in this wave. Easily my least favorite.

LUKE SKYWALKER- Great figure! Super articulation and great accessories! The only negatives are the cloth upper tunic, which is too large behind the neck and the red paint on the hand. I hope Hasbro releases a Death Star II Luke soon, as it would be an easy retool/kitbash with this figure. As much as I enjoy this figure, he's not one of my favorites.

DARTH VADER- Awesome figure, but yet again, not one of my favorites. The helmet he wears in the package is very cool, but the second helmet looks almost exactly like a normal Vader helmet. Good articulation and an awesome pistol. I can't wait to set him up fighting Luke and Obi-Wan.

CZ-4- Another great figure. Awesome weathering and excellent sculpt. Articulation is good, and it makes me more excited about the upcoming 4-LOM figure. The only thing better than a SA droid is a SA droid with a huge rifle.

ELIS HELROT- Cool sculpt and good articulation. The bar piece is awesome, espacially when connected to ONITH's. The figure itself is kind of scary looking, but in a good way.

ONITH- Easily my favorite of the wave, along with Umpass-Stay. The bar piece is awesome, as is the articulation and detail in the figure's sculpt. The only downside is the hard plastic skirt that prevents sitting, and the recycled pistol from GREEDO. ELIS' pistol is also dissapointing, but it looks more generic.

UMPASS STAY- My other favorite from Wave 4. Articulation is decent and reminds me of the MUSTAFAR LAVA MINER figure. The detail on the sculpt is amazing, and the removable head cloth is a nice touch. I am looking forward to getting the Jabba's Palace Battle Packs to give this figure some friends.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 12:04 PM by Greg »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26 AM »
I want those cantina aliens somethin' awful. I hope it doesn't take long to find them. :)

Me too. Hopefully they'll be as easy to find as the 2006 cantina aliens.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I got to open up some new figures for the first time in months last night. I still haven't picked up CZ-4 or McVader, but I have to say, most of the figures are a big disappointment for me.

Luke, the articulation is great, but the belt and cloth accessory makes the figure look ridiculous overall.

Umpass Stay, it's like going back to the original Saga line. The figure is bulky, hunched and doesn't stand. Truly disappointing and very unexciting.

Elis reminds me of a POTF2 sculpt with articulation. The only good part on the entire figure is the head sculpt.

Onith is pretty solid. I like this one.

Fett I like as well. The colors are weird, but the sculpt and articulation is perfect.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I received my CZ-4 from Amazon, and let me tell you, it's a great figure. This is easily the most well articulated droid I have ever seen, fourteen glorious points, including many ball joints. I think a C-3PO could be made in this style only if he wasn't vac-metallized, as the ball joints would chip away at the paint. Fantastic figure, and I hope the rest of Wave 4 is as good.

Just wish he had more accesories, maybe that little snail-creature from the 2004 Jabba's Court deluxe set, or another Jawa, or just some crates or random piles of debris. Hope we see the WED Septoid in 2008 to round out the Sandcrawler droids!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2007, 01:25 AM »
I cracked open my animated debut Boba today, He's pretty cool.

My only drawbacks were the unmoveable wrists, the gun was a real tight fit in the holster-(I can fix it with a blade), and that his left leg won't bend to 90 degrees for a good kneeling position. His waist joint is really loose too- but I have been seeing that on a lot of figs this year.

His left leg cannot bend fully due to the cargo pack on his belt.

I like the moveable sensor scope, the separated tubes on his arm sculpt, cloth cape remnant, wookie pelts, rocket packet and new gun and 2 prong trident accessory.

DS

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2007, 09:23 PM »
I haven't been able to do much shopping lately, so I just ordered the Onith, Helrot, CZ and Umpass from ToyWiz via Amazon. Oddly enough Luke was $12.99, so needless to say, I passed on that bargain.