Author Topic: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 86784 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2007, 04:31 PM »
That is pretty slick looking LeStat...

I personally like how the figure looks without the mods though, and then there's the benefit of all limbs being poseable due to the cloth.  I think the other Jedi Luke wasn't bad itself anyway too, so you kind of get the best of both worlds with this figure...  I was amazed they even bothered doing him again so soon considering a DS Duel version was probably more in-demand because of the other recent "Jedi" sculpt.

Either way, it's a figure I'm looking forward to...  Gotta replace that dumb hand though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Since I'm nowhere nearly as talented as Lestat, I wound up just making a super-articulated/VOTC counterpart Endor Luke out of the Wave 4 Luke and last year's TSC Endor Luke.  Basically an accessory switch, but I did my first ever attempt at actual customization by exacto-knifing the right hands off at the wrists, supergluing them onto their new respective pegs, and reattaching them.  Hey, if I can do it, anybody can do it. :)

So now I have a super-articulated Endor Luke!  Hurrah for my not screwing it up!  ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2007, 11:38 PM »
It would be more durable if you had boiled the hands then popped them out then popped better hands in the hole using the same technique. Not saying what you did was wrong, just don't play with him, and he'll be ok.

I cant wait to get this one. one for what lestat did. 1 for my Throne room dio aswell.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Funny, I'm missing a Feltipern as well. One of the only figs I never saw at retail.

Darn for some reason I have bought at least 5-6 of those at retail, and saw many, many more... used all for customs.  Those were shipped in huge quantities to Kmart stores for some reason when the line ended... Also picked one up last week for just $10 at a collector shop that was closing down, would be yours if I hadn't already customized it -

If I can spot another at a fair price I'll get one for ya as an early Christmas gift.   ;) 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Anyone else notice on CZ-4's coin that it says "A New Hope" on it? Thought he was in Jedi.  :-\

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Anyone else notice on CZ-4's coin that it says "A New Hope" on it? Thought he was in Jedi.  :-\

Two CZ Droids are in ANH, CZ-1, who's in the Sandcrawler, and CZ-3, who is wandering the streets of Mos Eisley. Both are virtually identical to CZ-4. Wasn't there a CZ droid on the first Death Star too?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2007, 07:57 PM »
Received my Holiday Special Fett from Amazon. Being based off the VOTC Fett, it's a great figure. The cartoon acurate weapons, paint, and gauntlets are very well done. My only concern is that the backpack has even worse time fitting than the VOTC Fetts did, although the HS Fett has an easier time standing than the vinty Fett.

The twin-pronged electrostaff rocks, and it would have been cool to get a small section (head?) of the dragon thing Boba was riding in the cartoon. It could probably be done, especially with the entire Kybuck coming packed in with Yoda. Overall, a kickass figure, and hopefully we'll see more pre-1991 EU figures in the future.

Bring on Wave 5!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2007, 08:05 PM »
Here are some mods I did to my Luke.  I tried to combine the best features from the TAC Luke and the Saga Luke. He retains all the articulation of the TAC Luke except the ankles.

Went a little different way with mine.  No dig. camera though so you'll have to take my word.

Used the belt from TAC Ceremony Luke cut and lightly sanded holster off belt.  Boil pop TAC Jabba Luke in half put on belt with dab of glue and remove "robe" thingy from Luke.  Trim waist peg a bit and reinsert.  Belt already has hole for saber I modified from an ROTS Obi-Wan Pilot.  Perfect pre-electrocuted Luke.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 25, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I noticed this morning that portions of this wave (and Wave 5) are now available to order at HTS.com.  I'm not sure what's left there now (I think Jedi Luke might be), but things seem to pop in and out of stock there somewhat regularly, so it might pay to keep checking.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Finally got to open CZ-4 and McVader, I really like them both. CZ-4 is turning into my favorite of the wave, very solid figure. As for Vader, I can see why people complain about the elbows, but the don't really bother me. Sharp figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 2, 2007, 05:48 PM »
I think my fav is Hermi! What a great piece to add to Jabba's court!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 3, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Hermie my fav too, but he's in wave 5. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #252 on: October 4, 2007, 12:27 PM »
I finally got my two cases of Wave 4 from SWShop.com and I gotta say overall I really do like this wave. Just some thoughts on the figures to waste time at the office...  ;D

Jedi Luke - as a Jedi Luke fiend I'm always glad to see another figure come out, but this was a missed opportunity. I think the biggest problem is that the softgoods vest is not correct and loops around his neck instead of flowing down the back. Hasbro mentioned in a recent Q&A that was what they had from reference photos which I found funny as the image used on the back of the card shows that the vest properly flows down the back. Removing the vest to make a DS2 Luke isn't as rewarding as I had hoped. There's a gap between the torso and pelvis which requires work and then the belt isn't even correct. Oh well back to the drawing board again for Hasbro, one day we'll finally get that perfect Jedi Luke...

McQuarrie Vader - from the looks of the figure the overall design created by McQuarrie was implemented in the final design for Vader. Nothing in the sculpt really stands out though it certainly is a nice figure and the paintjob gives him a ghoulish look. I don't like the fact that he can barely hold his lightsaber, the hilt is too big. And am I the only one whose Vader blasters had warped handles?

Elis Herlot - My favorite figure of the bunch as I've been wanting this guy forever. The details on the sculpt, especially the boney head are fantastic. And what a great deal overall, a near SA figure AND the bar with all it's pieces! I do have to question the way the legs are sculpted as it does make posing him while standing a bit awkward, but I plan to have him sit anyway so not too much of a loss. Of all the figures, I've been playing (yes I play with them, there I said it!  ;)) him the most as he's the crotchety old man at the bar just looking for another drink to wash away his sorrows. Fun stuff kids, you should try it! :D

M'iiyoom Onith - how about that, a female alien that's not a hoochie!  :P The detail on this figure is also especially well done as the head has a lot of crevices and bumps that stand out. She doesn't do a whole lot but sulk which is fine for a background character, but I find it funny that she comes with barstools and has knee articulation, but her skirt prevents her from actually sitting down, you know as shown on the cardback. Oy!

CZ-4 - this year we've received so many sought after figures and this is one of them. All the right details sculpted and painted into the figure are top notch and the head sculpt gives this droid the proper "lost and confused" look we come to love from this droid (well actually CZ-3 but whatever). I find it refreshing that this humanoid style droid is not as tall as the humans and other characters, gives him an air of uniqueness. So much articulation in a droid as well, definitely new frontier that will lead us to 4-LOM, perhaps C-3PO can get the treatment one day.

Anime Fett - Here's another figure we've all wanted and finally we got him. For the most part it's a rehash of the VOTC Fett with what appears to be new lower arms and belt. The colors on my figure seem to be a bit washed out compared to the reference pics but that's fine as it lends Fett to fit in more with the "realistic" style. Now maybe we can get figures for the Droids toon in this style one day.

Umpass Stay - he's a big fella for sure. As a drummer he doesn't do a whole lot but bang the skins (lol, double entendre!) but they made up for it with all the detail you could ask for in a figure. The folds on his clothes and face are top notch, and the paintjob really brings it all out nicely. I find it funny though that in his standing position he looks like he has to take a poop (POTP!).

Army Builders - my cases were Rev 2, so they came with 2 Stormtroopers, 1 DST, 1 Galactic Marine, and 1 Rebel Guard. It's good to see Hasbro putting the army builders out there in as many available slots in cases. It's about time they heeded our call!

Well those are my random rabblings, a pretty good wave overall. Could have used a better Luke and some foresight into letting M'iiyoom sit, but the positives outweigh the negatives on this one.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 5, 2007, 01:07 AM »
I purchased the new Luke Skywalker figure on Wednesday.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversay Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #254 on: October 9, 2007, 11:00 PM »
The guy in black is Sgt. Doallyn...  Besides Hermi Odle I think he's tops on my list...

I'd honestly love to see some human guards though, both from Jabba's as well as the Cantina and Jabba's SE sequence in Docking Bay 94.  We've all got lots of Greedo's to flesh out the Rodian thugs there, but I'd dig the bushy bearded guy, the dude in the pointy hat, and the guy in the billowy shirt and vest with a cap.  Random humans like that kick ass I think, and my cantina and palace are starting to look TOO alien these days.

Jesse, I think the guy in black is actually Bane Mallar- Sgt Doallyn has a lighter spacesuit on 

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"