Author Topic: Booth duty volunteer sign up  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Booth duty volunteer sign up
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:34 AM »
As of this point it has not been decided where the phyiscal diorama will be placed. However, I do need to start getting volunteers together to handle diorama duty. This will entail standing at the diorama, talking to people looking at it, running contests, handing out any lit we have and making sure that nothing is touched. There is a possibility of free exhibitor passes to those that can work the most but that is still to be determined.

If you are willing to help, please sign up here. Please tell me the days and hours your would like to work and how flexible you are on these hours. Please bare in mind that we do need coverage no matter where the diorama is physically placed at C4. If not enough coverage is met, we may need to cancel the project.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Booth duty volunteer sign up
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:40 AM »
As noted, I can donate an hour or so of my day in the morning a couple of days to watching over the Diorama. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 11:02 AM »
I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.  I'll confirm two hours each day (although I'd prefer to do separate one hour slots so that my son tolerates it).  I'd prefer not to start there on Saturday first thing.  Otherwise, I'm flexible.  Since the schedule of event hasn't been released I don't really know what I'm up against  ;)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 02:27 PM »
For those who don't know yet, I am runing a side project from Niubniub's workshop. People will choose and paint an Ewok to be displayed. That means that I will be verry close to the Dio for a large portion of the time. So if sombody needs to go fix their make-up or go to the powder room, I can fill in.

Cancel the Project?  "in this moment of triumph? surely you must be joking!"

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 08:45 PM »
So long as I can go, I figure I can put a large amount of time into the manning of the dio. As it's my first con, I'd have no idea what I'd be missing, so could probably be suckered into it for a good deal of time ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 08:46 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 11:46 PM »
As soon as I figure out how many days I'm going, I'll set aside some time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Since the decision has been made to not use a fan booth, there will be no free passes to the show. However, you do have more freedom to wonder around during the time. There will be absolutely no security around the diorama so anything that is broken needs to fixed during the time someone is on duty. It is your job to make sure people don't touch the diorama but what goes missing during the show is going to be unavoidable.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 02:48 PM »
I still think we should maintain some amount of "manning" of the booth.  I think you were still planning on that Phruby but I wasn't sure.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 11:43 PM »
Ok. We are going to use the fan booth in ADDITION to Franks place. The booth will act more as a lounge and meeting space for us while the dio is at Franks. That keeps us out of his hair. Pendragon is bringing the naked Twi'lik dancing girls.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Since I just bought my pass, it looks like I'll be free Friday Evening 5PM and after, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Schedule me accordingly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."