Author Topic: Hasbro 30AC Overload Already?  (Read 20086 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro 30AC Overload Already?
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Man, with the amount of crap that's hit the stores in the 2-3 weeks, you'd think there was a movie coming out or something...

- Eight 30AC Basic Figures
- Darth Vader w/Coin Album
- Six Target Order 66 2-packs
- Tantive IV Battle Pack
- Wal-Mart Treachery on Saleucami Battle Pack
- Sith Infiltrator
- V-Wing Starfighter

I'm looking at dropping about $300 to grab the stuff I want from this batch, and that's not even counting the non-3.75" Hasbro stuff...

- 30AC Unleashed Battle Packs Wave 1 (Tantive)
- 2007 Wal-Mart Unleashed Wave
- 30AC Galactic Heroes Wave 2 (Clone Wars, Cantina, Maul)
- 30AC Galactic Heroes Wave 3 (RotJ, Cantina)
- Four 2007 3" Titanium Series Wave 2 Ships (six ships if you count BSG)

Add in the GH figure packs I wanted and I'm up to about $350.

That is a LOT of stuff for a month.  I mean, sure you'll see tons of Spider-Man and Pirates crap this month since both do have movies coming out, but it's looking like there might be just as much new SW stuff in the aisle too...  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 30AC Overload Already?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 11:18 AM »
Although its always nice to see/get new stuff, it does seem a little like overload here lately.  I haven't found much 30AC quite yet, but I've gotten a few things, and its hard to show my wife the "cutting back" I promised at the beginning of the year :P.  Like I've said in the past, I like the new stuff - don't get me wrong - but I'd be ok if Hasbro cut the overall release numbers down just a bit.  This is the first year since I've started collecting where I can actually see myself wanting to pick up one of each of the basic figures (not "Legends") released this year.  I know I'll be a sucker for the coins, and that might draw me into getting one of everything.  Add to that some doubles of the McQuarrie figures and vintage figures, and a few extra army builders here and there - and that alone is pretty expensive.  I'm on the fence with the vehicles, and thinking of trying to go OT-only with vehicles and beasts from now on (although the V-Wing is tempting).  Add to that the fact that this is a big Spidey year, and I'm probably in trouble.  I keep saying that something might have to go, and I keep putting it off, but I really might have to make some tough cuts with my collecting habits (particularly non-SW) this year.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Gotta agree... this has been an expensive month already... which is my own fault.

Here's what I've bought for myself already this month (and I have to STOP doing this in such abundance) -

BASIC FIGURES
Galactic Marine x 15 (2-3 for customs)
McQuarrier Trooper x 6 (all for customs)
Airborne Trooper x 6 (2 for customs)
Super Battle Droid x 9
Mace Windu x 4 (2 for customs)
Lava Miner x 3 (1 for a custom)
Obi Wan x 1
R2D2 x 2

- That's about $345.00 already with tax (or more since some were bought at Kmart)

BATTLE PACKS
Tantive IV x 8
Treachery on Saelucami x 3

- With tax, that's about $237.00

Then, when I find the V-Wing, I want at least one of those or more, and an Infiltrator - so let's say with tax, that's about $65.00 added on.

And the Order 66 2-pks, which I will be pickier on - probably only get a few of those.
My budget for those will be $40.00.

So... potentially this month is almost $700.00 on Star Wars crap.  Holy crap.

:P

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 11:53 AM »
i hear ya on the wife front, it was kinda hard informing her that this is gonna be like '05 all over again. just alot more collector based, so that made her kool with it.

heres my plan of attack:

Figures to get this year:

Wave 1: REVENGE OF THE SITH                  
30-06: Mace Windu    2: one for my display, one for the custom chop shop.

30-08: Super Battle Droid 2: both for display.

30-09: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Stormtrooper-   {1}               
Wave 2: BATTLE OF YAVIN (Delayed from 2006)                  
30-15: McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett   {1}               
Wave 3: A NEW HOPE                  
30-21: McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca   {1}               
30-23: Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)   1: for custom chop shop.               
Wave 4: RETURN OF THE JEDI                  

30-24: Boba Fett (Animated Debut)   {1}               

30-26: CZ-3   1: for the hell of it, always liked this weird looking droid.               

30-28: McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader   {1}               

Wave 5: EXPANDED UNIVERSE                  

###: Anakin Skywalker with tattoos (Clone Wars)   2:one for display,one for collection.                  

###: Darth Malak (KOTOR)   2: one for display,one for collection.               

###: Darth Revan - Fan's Choice Poll Winner (KOTOR) 2:one for display,one for collection.               

###: Qymaen jai Sheelal (pre-cyborg General Grievous)2:one for display,one for collection.                  

###: Yoda & Kybuck (Clone Wars)2:one for display,one for collection.                  

###: McQuarrie Concept Luke Skywalker {1}               

Wave 6: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK                  

###: McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper {1}               

Wave 7: RETURN OF THE JEDI                  

###: Ewoks 2-pack   1: for the hell of it,                

###: Spirit of Anakin Skywalker 1: for the hell of it,                

###: McQuarrie Concept Han Solo {1}               

Wave 8: ATTACK OF THE CLONES                  

###: Padmé Amidala (Fireside Gown?)   1: for the hell of it,                

###: Voolvif Monn (Wolfman Jedi)   1: for the hell of it,                

[Wave 9: FORCE UNLEASHED

###: Darth Vader   1               

###: Maris Brood   1               

Juno Eclipse   1               

General Kota    1]

Confirmed/Rumored List                  

###: Bothan Spy   1: for the hell of it,                

Saga Legends                  

Darth Maul   1: for the hell of it,               

Saesee Tiin   1: for the hell of it,               

Dark Trooper (Fan's Choice #1)   1: for the hell of it,               

Biker Scout   1: for the hell of it,               

[]=before force unleashed was pushed forward i was considering opening them, but if and when this ever happens I'm thinking will be worth something later on down the road.

{}=these will be kept in there containers, and once there all rounded up. placed in a card box and taped shut.
or put on display within there containers.

but yeah it is a bit over the top considering theres no new movie, nor is there a re-release of the entire saga as suggested in '05. actually its great if you look at the potential, the sad part to me is that much like the word of mouth around x3 last year, we EU enthusiasts are gonna haft to show that this stuff has a market so they'll make everything we voted for in wizard last year at some point down the road.

i really do not forsee this line continuing with all repacks every year till 2019. aside from the books,comics,and games (not mentioning the TV shows, in my opinion their never gonna see the light of day.) there isn't much life left in starwars. it was old and tired before sith came out, what little resurgence there was has been allowed to wither and die while Lucas drags his feet. if and when the clone wars hit, its gonna be way too late. ppl are going to be like didn't that end in rots? and unlike the Twenquel era theres only three years to fill, and i think they already covered most of it. if anything there's like maybe six months to fill in year two.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I guess it is a regional thing...

All we have on the shelves around here has been the Battle Packs and a rare Vader with Coin...

So I have spent on 30AC stuff:

Tantive IV BP x2 $40
Vader w/coin x1  $10

Until some OT product hits, it is still a drought for me.

Technically I committed to about $800 of pre-order cases from EE...but does that count?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 04:00 PM »
Ironically the Tantive IV pack I cannot find.  Saw one, got it for my gf's son, and never saw another one again.  Weird.

Anyway I've pretty much once again weeded out all the extra stuff and I'm back to just getting basic figures.  The Titanium price jump killed those for me, so I'm now gonna wait and buy lots of them loose for cheaper I think.  Just the basic figures will be fine for now, but army building will still be there and it's costly to say the least right now.

There's a Toy Show this weekend here in Pittsburgh so I'm anxious to see just how much of the new stuff is on tables and WAY overpriced.  I'll see what I can dig up that's old and cheap in the meantime.  Maybe someone's wife will be selling their loose figures behind the guy's back for cheap.  That happened to me once.  He wanted like twice what I'd pay till he left the table and she said she'd sell them cheaper than that.  Woohoo!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 07:36 PM »
I've only seen a few items, but knowing what is over the horizon has me on definate overload mode. I will get a few galactic marines, a SBD and R2 because they work together, and (hopefully) a McTrooper. Then I think I will try my best not to get caught up in the coins or anything else, because the water looks too deep.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 08:29 PM »
I'm like you Bob.  I got wave 1 so that's out of the way...  It's thinking about doubles then of figures I want, the Tantive IV pack, I wanted one of those Nerf pistols for me and the kids, and then the Order 66 2-packs and the Salecumi Battlepack...  Ugh.

And if '07 is like '06, you know Wave 2 is RIGHT around the corner with some damn good army builders in it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Definitly not a overload for me. Hell, still haven't seen the first wave yet! (Although the only figure I want is the McQuarrie Stormtrooper)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Couldn't agree more that we're on overload. I'll give some leeway due to the actual anniversary approaching, but still. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 11:21 PM »
This is going to be a busy year for me as far as SW goes.  I guess the new GH's & tites are hitting, but I haven't seen them yet which is just fine with me as I'm caught up on w1 of the basics - could use a few more of the army builders though.  Coin album is done as with the Order 66 Target packs.  I'm just happy that most of the Transformer toys look like **** so I won't be touching them unless its with a 10 inch pole.

This year doesn't seem as bad as 05 did at least in my eyes....besides the price hike that is.  Still, I want my $4.99 figs back, **** the pack ins.  Stupid coins   :(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 05:41 AM »
...so I won't be touching them unless its with a 10 inch pole.

Then you better go shopping with this guy:

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Yes, complete overload. 

So much so, that I think I'm done outside of a few McQ figures and clones.  I think the old lady has had enough after three boxes showed up last week.  I picked the wrong line to quit on as I really like this year's lineup and new packaging.

Oh well, they're only toys.  With that said, it'll be tough to quit as I work in the industry...

She has good reason to be mad, we're looking to buy a new house that's nice but at the top of our budget... :o

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Hell I have not even seen a TAC item yet.  Unless you count the Tins. 

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 03:08 AM »
Hell I have not even seen a TAC item yet.  Unless you count the Tins. 
Ya... starting to get really annoyed... Nothing showing in my part of the world yet..
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...