Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV  (Read 16148 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Grand Theft Auto IV
« on: March 29, 2007, 03:56 PM »
One of the most-anticipated games of 2007 has also been one of the industry's best-kept secrets--for the next two hours, at least:

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Trailer at 5:00 Central.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Should be interesting. 

Vice City will go down as one of my favorite games of all time...even though I never completed the damn thing.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 06:38 PM »
Your main character:

Eastern European/Russian dude.  I'm gonna call him "Yakov," at least for now.

As for the setting, let's just say. . .  Moscow on the Hudson:  The Game.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Just watched it...it looks like a really great city, but I'm wondering what the story will be about this time.  I mean, I like all the standard stuff, but it'd be cool if they did something new with this game.

The question is...what could that be?  Online gangs like Saints Row?  That would be pretty cool.
Got Clones?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 09:27 PM »
I just caught the trailer, I gotta say OMG!! It is looking fantastic!! Wow, just wow!! I mean even if the gameplay is the same, I could care less, the graphics are simply gorgeous!! I mean did you see that car go over the pot hole cover?? It's as if I was looking outside m window or something!! I can only imagine the kind of **** I'm going to be able to do in this game!! :o

Now the only thing that would top this game, if we were to get GTA Vice City II!! Everything about that game came together to perfection!! The music, the backdrop, the graphics, the storyline, the music!! ;D I loved that game, and would love to see a part II with the kind of power of the PS3 behind it!!! It'd bring a tear to my eye. :'( More music and more tid bits of the 80's please!!!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Eh... it looked OK.  It seemed like it was just a tech demo of the lighting system.  I'm not crazy about the character models.  The setting it Liberty City again.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 10:52 PM »
Oh yeah, it looks like they were showing off the lightning, and perhaps a bit of the sound as well!! But it was nice to look at, I gotta say, the PS3 sure does make things look realistic!! I hate to think what the PS4 will do!!
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 10:59 PM »
Settle down, Beavis.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 11:27 PM »
Your main character:

Do we really know he's the protaganist yet? I haven't been reading anything about the game so I'm probably out of the loop but for all we know he could be the antagonist, or even a minor character.

The trailer looks good though, I like how they made Liberty City actually look like NYC this time. Very much looking forward to this game.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Do we really know he's the protaganist yet? I haven't been reading anything about the game so I'm probably out of the loop but for all we know he could be the antagonist, or even a minor character.

There's still very little information out there to be had, but given the way he's presented in the teaser, I'd wager that he is indeed the main character.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Settle down, Beavis.

Shut up Butthead. ;D

Hey I can't help it, Vice City was one of the greatest games that I ever played!! Funny thing is, I don't even own a PS3, so I may not get this game!! :P But if they announce a Vice City II, I will so spring for a PS3!!
-Vincent

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 10:14 AM »
You don't have to own a PS3 to play this game.  It will be released for the 360 at the same time.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Shut up Butthead. ;D

How did I know that was coming?  Wow.

And yes, "ruiner" is right:  GTA IV will be available for both the 360 and PS3.  Each version will have it's own "exclusive downloadable episodic content," which should be a lot of fun for everybody.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:02 AM by Matt »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Not sure if I will shell out the $600 to buy a PS3 for this game, but I will consider buying a 360 for it.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Not sure if I will shell out the $600 to buy a PS3 for this game, but I will consider buying a 360 for it.

It's shipping to both on launch day, so looks like everyone will be able to play this one.  I do know the 360 version promises to have exclusive content, but who knows what that means.  Could be a downloadable mission, or something entirely different.

I do wonder which version they're showing in the trailer.
Got Clones?