Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143146 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2010, 05:46 PM »
It sounds like the twins (Skids and Mudflap) won't be back for TF3.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2010, 05:52 PM »
It sounds like the twins (Skids and Mudflap) won't be back for TF3.

I was reading about that earlier, but then the point was brought up that Bay also made comments that Megatron wouldn't be back for ROTF.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 12, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Low and behold.....da twins

That was quick
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 12, 2010, 07:43 PM »
I loved the cartoon as a kid and still have most of the vintage toys.

I liked the first movie and bought the dvd.

I hated the second movie.  So much so, there's no chance I'll go see the third.

The acting was terrible, Megan Fox is a ridiculous blowup doll, the stupid sexual jokes and innuendos were senseless and in poor taste, especially considering this thing stemmed from a kid's cartoon.

It's going to take quite a turnaround in the 3rd movie before I change my mind.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 13, 2010, 01:15 PM »
I can see the point about the potty/sex jokes in ROTF.  We were considering getting our nephews (7 and 9 at the time) the DVD for a Christmas present last year, and just couldn't do it.  We didn't want their parents looking at us being responsible for them saying things like "punk ass" ;).  Although I'm sure it isn't anything kids that age haven't heard before these days, I do sort of agree they could leave that stuff out.  It isn't really necessary and doesn't seem to make the older crowd (or teenagers) laugh hilariously either.

I really enjoyed the cartoon as well (and I'm working my way through the DVDs, along with GI Joe, right now), and had a few of the toys (not a ton but wanted more).  I also liked the first movie better (heard last night it is premiering on ABC in a couple of weeks), but do own both.  I don't think I've watched the second one since we first got it, might have to check them both out again sometime soon.  I do remember it seeming a little too long though too - it just feels like, with a few exceptions, just over two hours is long enough for these summer blockbusters.  Only a few movies (LOTR in particular) can be longer and still hold attention.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 13, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I don't think I've watched the second one since we first got it, might have to check them both out again sometime soon.  I do remember it seeming a little too long though too - it just feels like, with a few exceptions, just over two hours is long enough for these summer blockbusters.  Only a few movies (LOTR in particular) can be longer and still hold attention.

The extended forest battle scene was pretty awesome to see on BD.  I agree that ROTF was too long by probably 30-45 minutes mainly during the final battle at the end.  Remember - the movie suffered from the writer's strike so I'm sure Bay just filled the holes with a bunch of unnecessary garbage.  I still feel the whole "space bridge" thing where they wound up in Africa and LaBeouf's "movie injury" was just very forced.  Heck he even commented on how he hated the movie, but I still think it was okish...

I have hopes that TF3 will be back on track to be a decent movie, and not just a major cash cow.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #516 on: May 13, 2010, 01:47 PM »
I read that Kennedy Space Center will be used in the movie. Maybe we'll see something like Skylynx or Astrotrain in the movie or maybe even Omega Supreme.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 13, 2010, 02:20 PM »
The extended forest battle scene was pretty awesome to see on BD.  I agree that ROTF was too long by probably 30-45 minutes mainly during the final battle at the end.  Remember - the movie suffered from the writer's strike so I'm sure Bay just filled the holes with a bunch of unnecessary garbage.  I still feel the whole "space bridge" thing where they wound up in Africa and LaBeouf's "movie injury" was just very forced.  Heck he even commented on how he hated the movie, but I still think it was okish...

I have hopes that TF3 will be back on track to be a decent movie, and not just a major cash cow.

Yeah, the Transformers movies are some of those on my "to do" list to upgrade to Blu Ray eventually.  Like you, I didn't mind the second one either.  I think I enjoyed the first one more, but I didn't hate the second one either - I enjoyed it well enough when we went to it in the theaters to buy it when it was out on DVD.  Good point on the writer's strike issue as well.  I am glad that the movies have been successful, I know when they first announced they were making a Transformers movie a lot of people were thinking it would be just horrible.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #518 on: May 13, 2010, 02:24 PM »
It was "just horrible."  One of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.  Just because it was successful doesn't mean it was good.   ;)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08 PM »
A better movie?

The second installment in director Michael Bay's Transformers franchise, Revenge of the Fallen, was a mega-hit at the box office, opening at #1 and eventually taking in over $400 million domestically, making it the second-highest grossing movie of 2009 after Avatar. However, it was raked over the coals by critics, receiving a score of just 20% by aggregate review site RottenTomatoes, which called it "noisy, underplotted, and overlong special effects extravaganza that lacks a human touch." In a recent AP interview from the Cannes Film Festival, the non-robot star of the franchise, Shia LaBeouf, called out Revenge on its failings and promised Transformers 3 will be a better movie by restoring the human element.

When I saw the second movie, I wasn't impressed with what we did. There were some really wild stunts in it, but the heart was gone.
LaBeouf went on to say that Revenge suffered from a common malady of blockbuster sequels—trying to outdo the first movie.

We tried to get bigger. It's what happens to sequels. It's like, how do you top the first one? You've got to go bigger. Mike went so big that it became too big, and I think you lost the anchor of the movie. You lost a bit of the relationships. Unless you have those relationships, then the movie doesn't matter. Then it's just a bunch of robots fighting each other.

LaBeouf said that one of the ways the sequel will have a greater emotional impact is to up the risk to the humans in the movie.

There's going to be a lot of death, human death. This time, they're targeting humans. It's going to be the craziest action movie ever made, or we failed.

Transformers 3 is currently filming in Los Angeles, with plans to shoot in several other locations around the world. LaBeouf is scheduled to be on set for the first time next Tuesday.

Kinda cool that they'll be killing humans   >:D

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 14, 2010, 12:34 PM »
A lot of bashing of the second movie and rightfully so.

However, I did enjoy it for what it was, robot kicking robot ass over and over again.  The story was kind of non-exsistant and I don't care what people think Meagan Fox is not all that IMO and she got overhyped.  The crude humor didn't really bother me, but probably because I hear it every day working with middle schoolers.  

As for the third movie, I'll happily go see it.  I do want to see a better story this time though.  It is possible to put a good story together with great special effects, just look at ROTS.  (cheesy acting aside)  The special effects need to support the story, not be the driving force for it and not be there just for the sake of being there.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:34 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #521 on: May 14, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Let's put it this way, my kids were bored to death watching Transformers 2...they eventually just started playing with toys and turning their backs to the TV.  And, these are kids who watch old Ray Harryhausen movies, and Beatles movies and adore anything Indy or Pixar.  It just could not interest them. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 19, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Dont worry, she will be replaced by some other flavor of the month.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #524 on: May 19, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Now hopefully her pron career takes off.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77