Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58778 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart UPCs.
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2008, 09:19 PM »
I hope this true because of REBELLION PILOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D Yes, I definely excited because not just one set but 2 sets and an Imperial Pilot set. Cross your fingers boys for these. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Hasbro did say a new wedge figure was coming out this year, im not sure but they also said something about not being on basic cardback  ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2008, 02:02 AM »
Imperial & Rebel pilots!  :o
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2008, 07:14 AM »
I'm really shocked at this news. Two sets of Rebel Pilots?!

Wow, hopefully these are going to be great.

I have no doubt that the Tycho body will be used to some degree here.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Might want to change the heading of this topic, one might think that this topic serves the same purpose as the Target DCPI thread.

As for the rumors, I'm down with everything, especially the Evo sets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2008, 12:32 PM »
I wonder if the two Rebel sets will be like the Clone/Sandtrooper running change before.  That would be a great and easy way for Hasbro to deliver a lot of pilots to us.  Wedge will definitely be one of these.  I bet he's going to be a snowspeeder pilot, because they will want to anchor one of these sets with a core character, and the only that makes sense is Snowspeeder Luke.  And since Wedge always gets the shaft, he will be in the second set, a new head on the 'new' Snowspeeder Luke body.   :)

My predictions on the Rebels:
Set 1
Y-Wing Pilot
Snowspeeder Luke
Some type EU pilot

Set 2
B-Wing Pilot
Snowspeeder Wedge
Some type EU pilot

But the best thing is the Padme set.  They said once they weren't going to do something like that.  Glad they changed their minds, and hope they just go all out with it.

Hoping the Padme set looks something like this:
TPM - Pre-Senate Gown
AOTC - Gold Crown Naboo Dress
ROTS - Peacock Dress

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2008, 07:20 PM »
I wonder seeing as rebel pilots are listed twice with two different UPCs, Could it be a running change like there was with clone/stormtrooper set during ROTS.  Maybe head swaps??  could explain so many pilots listed on all the rumor lists.  just a thought.

That would be perfect for me.  ANH, ESB, ROTJ; 2 of each. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Wal-Mart UPCs & Evolution Pilots Rumours
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2008, 12:53 AM »
Interesting for sure...  I'm very hopeful the Spider Droid is to-scale because, well, to me they're sort of integral bits to a Separatist army, and there's just something about the big Sep items that makes them so cool...  I'd love to own one of those.

The V-19's THE Clone Wars vehicle I've wished for...  I'm wondering though, is there a shuttle variant in the new toon that warrants the name change?  Or is that just a miscommunication, and it's the fighter?  I'm hopeful for the fighter...  It's such a neat design, I'd hate to see it overlooked.

The Evolutions stuff is cool...  Maybe they're remembering the popularity of the Reb. Pilot Cinema Scene with these?  I could see them dipping into the prequals for "Rebel Pilot Precursors" too though and not making them solid OT pilots.  We need some good new OT pilots though between the Snowspeeder guys, the B-Wingers, a new great X-Winger, the grey Y-Wingers from ROTJ...  There's pilots yet to be made decently by Hasbro, that's for certain.  Add in possible EU characters and it really gets out there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2008, 01:04 AM »
I was looking forward to Wave 3 being OT, but I guess not according to this list...  Either way, it's a dream Clone Wars list, and like Jeff pointed out, the basic line's going alongside Clone Wars, so I'm down for that wave of dream CW figures.

Though...  I must say, it makes me wonder if the Clone Wars line is taking a bit of a turn somewhat from the basic line...  Maybe the sculpting style, or something.  I really hope not, as I prefer realistic looks and the articulation/details, but I've got this sinking feeling it isn't going to fit in for some reason.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2008, 02:00 AM »
The V-19's THE Clone Wars vehicle I've wished for...  I'm wondering though, is there a shuttle variant in the new toon that warrants the name change?  Or is that just a miscommunication, and it's the fighter?  I'm hopeful for the fighter...  It's such a neat design, I'd hate to see it overlooked.

I think you might be overthinking the situation.  I can't say that I expect a whole lot of valuable or completely accurate info to be in the WalMart computer system.  They're probably only calling it a shuttle because the wing configuration is *somewhat* similar to the Imperial Shuttle.  The V-19 is almost certainly the fighter, and it's a Clone Wars vehicle.  We saw it in the original animated series and it's in the Clone Wars sneak peek on the official site.

The only shuttle-like vehicle that I've seen near Clone Wars is that B-Wing-like ship that Anakin flies in the trailer.  And that looks like it would be bigger than something that might fit in the assault vehicles line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2008, 02:57 AM »
I don't really consider it "overthinking" a situation, just some fun speculation based on the info at hand...  What are the odds the person that entered the information into the WM system was aware of a tri-wing shuttle design enough to confuse it with a V-19 fighter afterall?  Probably non-existant really.  I think a miscommunication is likely the error, and I agree with you Nick that it's very likely the fighter because it is pictured pretty clear in the sneak peak, plus the Lego version bodes well for a Hasbro one I'd think...  Lots of positives for a fighter over the item description being "accurate". 

I'm just hopeful for one scenario panning out over the other (albeit less likely) one...  It's always fun to speculate regardless, given the nature of "news" leading up to Toy Fair.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:08 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2008, 08:09 AM »
Though...  I must say, it makes me wonder if the Clone Wars line is taking a bit of a turn somewhat from the basic line...  Maybe the sculpting style, or something.  I really hope not, as I prefer realistic looks and the articulation/details, but I've got this sinking feeling it isn't going to fit in for some reason.  :-\

My guess on why a Clone Wars wave like this just before the Clone Wars line starts would be that Hasbro realized they need to do these "old" cartoon figures before they get bogged down in "new" Clone Wars figures. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a figure from the original cartoons again.

I don't expect we will see animated style figures at all, though.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2008, 08:29 AM »
I kind had that same feeling about the clone wars line, I am hoping not cause that would mean all the rumored Ships would be be in that new style too. and that would suck to finally get a AT-TE and it would be cartoony.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2008, 09:08 AM »
I'm fairly confident that if Hasbro decided to do CW figures in a cartoony style, that the figures would get their own sub-line, so I think we can rule out any possibility of cartoon-sculpted figures for wave 3.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I wonder seeing as rebel pilots are listed twice with two different UPCs, Could it be a running change like there was with clone/stormtrooper set during ROTS.  Maybe head swaps??  could explain so many pilots listed on all the rumor lists.  just a thought.

That would be perfect for me.  ANH, ESB, ROTJ; 2 of each. 

That's my best hope as well. It's easy for Hasbro to do and as long as the bodies are good, I won't mind one bit.