Author Topic: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 37700 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #120 on: October 2, 2007, 12:42 AM »
Heres another pic, this one of Smuggler Lando versus that 'awful' Vintage Lando that everyone puts down these days! This does illustrate what the "Vintage" line offered in terms of quality!

Who's puttin' down VOTC Lando?  That figure was hardly "awful" by any standard...  Especially considering the VOTC line put out such stinkers as Obi-Wan, C-3PO, and arguably R2-D2.  I'd disagree with anyone saying Lando's awful though...  Boring perhaps, and a pegwarmer extrordinaire, but a good figure regardless. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: October 2, 2007, 02:56 AM »
Yeah, I agree.  While the character/outfit of the VOTC Lando may be rather boring, IMO Hasbro did as good a job as they could with the figure, and in that respect I think it turned out great.  No complaints.  Same can be said for the Smuggler version, I think.  Boring outfit, but it looks like the figure's turned out pretty nice.  I haven't seen one yet, so I can't comment on the articulation, but otherwise I dig it, and am stoked to finally be able to cross that figure off my wants list after all these years.

As for the Torture Rack accuracy, as a basic figure pack-in accessory, I really can't complain.  If this figure was in a deluxe line where the TR (and pricepoint) were more of a factor, I'd probably be willing to nitpick it a bit more.  That said, I'm all for accuracy, and would love to get another TR later on down the line, perhaps in the aforementioned Deluxe line, where I pay a little more to hopefully get a bit more detail and accuracy on the accessory.  But for the time being, this one will do just fine.  Again, I'm just thrilled to finally get this piece and cross it off the wants list of many years!

Can't believe this wave is already out.  Waves 4, 5, and 6 have come in a complete blur.  I only found Wave 5 a few days ago (wave 4 maybe 3 weeks ago), and now 6 is suddenly here.  At this pace, we'll be half way through the 2008 line before 2007 is over...  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 2, 2007, 09:19 AM »

Can't believe this wave is already out.  Waves 4, 5, and 6 have come in a complete blur.  I only found Wave 5 a few days ago (wave 4 maybe 3 weeks ago), and now 6 is suddenly here.  At this pace, we'll be half way through the 2008 line before 2007 is over...  :P

Seriously. I just hope target starts to get the same quantity as WM.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 2, 2007, 10:02 AM »
I received a set of this wave via BBTS yesterday, and although I haven't had a chance to open them yet - they look pretty good overall to me.  Sure, it might not be quite as exciting as Wave 5, but its nice to see some more OT goodness.  The Han with Torture Rack is just a cool combo, even if it isn't necessarily the "definitive" Bespin Han.  The Lando is nice too, and a version that many of us have wanted for quite awhile.  To me, 4-LOM is VTSC quality, and will look great next to VOTC Boba, VTSC Bossk, and VTSC IG-88.  Now we just need a new Zuckuss (and maybe a new Dengar, although the Saga version isn't too bad of a figure).  Gen. McQuarrie is a nice homage, and will fill out the Hoth ranks some more too.  The McQuarrie Snowtrooper really looks like a nifty figure.  I was a little surprised how much I liked it, and look forward to opening them later today hopefully.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: October 4, 2007, 01:36 AM »
I got my Wave 6 shipping confirmation from NewForce today.

I can't wait to get my hands on that Torture Rack Han and 4-LOM.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: October 4, 2007, 02:06 AM »
I found Wave 6 cases en masse at all my local WMs tonight.  All superb looking figures, for sure (if not a little boring, but that goes with the characters).  Of the numerous 4-LOMs I looked at, there was a lot of variance in the amount of "rust weathering" on him, especially on the round middle section, so if that's of any interest to anyone, shop around a little to find one that looks just right.

Haven't opened any of them up yet, so I'll reserve judgement on the rest 'til later.  All in all, nice (albeit small) wave.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 4, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I opened up this wave earlier this week, and I really like it.  Sure, maybe not as exciting as some of the other waves, but the Han w/Torture Rack makes a nice display piece (even if it isn't the "ultimate" Han), Lando is a long requested character, and the 4-LOM is VTSC quality to me.  I mentioned my thoughts on the rest of them earlier - but a nice wave overall.

Matt makes a good point, a smaller wave - and that's ok with me.  With all the stuff we've seen lately, its kind of a relief to get a nice 5-figure wave.  I wouldn't mind if we saw more of those throughout the year, to ease the burden on the wallet a bit if nothing else.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 4, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Cracked them open last night. In a nut shell:

Han, nice accessory, but I'm very disappointed with the figure.

Lando, decent. Arms don't work as well as other swivel arms, but it's passable.

Gen McQuarrie, good body, nice head sculpt, sucky blaster. Habro needs to burn that mold.

4-LOM, superb. Favorite of the wave.

McSnowtrooper, another awesome one. Well done, aside from the fact that one shin is longer than the other.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 4, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Just got a tracking number from New Force for my case of Wave 6. :)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 4, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Me too. This kills me though. I'm getting my wave 6 order from NF now but I'm still waiting on wave 4 revision cases and wave 5 from EE. Lesson learned.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: October 4, 2007, 01:47 PM »
I've heard about a lot of delayed/missed orders from EE this year.  Normally they aren't that bad. 

I guess their move to Texas had a bigger effect on their business than folks were expecting...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 4, 2007, 09:55 PM »
I've heard about a lot of delayed/missed orders from EE this year.  Normally they aren't that bad. 

I guess their move to Texas had a bigger effect on their business than folks were expecting...

Whoa, where in TX? I live there?
« Last Edit: October 7, 2007, 12:24 PM by AmanaMatt »
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #132 on: October 5, 2007, 11:18 AM »
D&S has really raped me and overcharged me for shipping so I stopped doing business with them. To boot they got slow, they used to have early bird cases which you got wave 6 weeks before they hit retail. I may use them again sparingly EE in my experience was always too slow. NFC rules! I have every case preordered from them. I am waiting for them to post 2008 Wave 1.....

I had no idea EE moved to Texas.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 7, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Finally scored the concept Snowtrooper from wave 6 - two of my favs this year:
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 8, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Read a lot of complaints about one leg being shorter than the other on the Snowtrooper. The second one I open has this problem, but there's no problem standing.