Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2007: The Phantom Menace  (Read 27179 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007: The Phantom Menace
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Tey How w/Chair and PK Droid woud be AWESOME, and we certainly wouldnt have to worry about another pegwarming Neimoidian. Now I know to vote for this next year.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2007, 08:57 PM »
RESULTS!

#01 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ultimate)
#02 Kitster/Wald
#03 Mawhonic
#04 Queen Padmé Amidala (Pre-Senate)
#05 Queen Padmé Amidala (Post-Senate)
#06 Queen Padmé Amidala (Return to Naboo)
#07 Ratts Tyerell
#08 Tey How
#09 Ben Quadrinaros
#10 Rum Sleg

I don't think I've seen a less interesting set of 10 figures win, even though I voted for 4/10 of these.  Not sure why anyone is excited about getting 9/10 or dissappointed only getting 3/10.  Now, I would be very excited for the 3 OT Wishlists if all 30/30 of my pics were created by Hasbro in the next few years.  If you wanted to get 10/10, just wait until the last day to post, count up the votes yourself, and vote for the most poplular.... walah!!! your list agrees 10/10 with the top vote getters!!! :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2007, 09:39 PM »
To me Episode I is all about a new Kenobi, Jinn and the 3 Unmade Amidalas.  I could care less if they never make anything else from Menace.  I'll buy Podracers and Kitster and Wald but I'm not drop dead drag out wanting them.  Those first five though are essential for any true Episode I collection

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2007, 10:44 PM »
I'd agree Scott, after Gragra things have been gravy, but I'd add 3 figures...  Naboo Soldier, Naboo Royal Guard, and Naboo Security figures...  They are the only army builders from the movie, really (Droids aside), and all are pretty weak figures at this point...  The ONLY action that didn't involve Jedi's involved these 3 guys, so I really would like to see Hasbro upgrade them at some point...

I mean, the Naboo Flight Crew dude is the best Naboo soldier there is...  ugh.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49 AM »
Yeah, PK droids are TINY. They'd make a great packin even if not articulated. Though I'd like at least 5 POA with them at least (shoulders, legs, head)

Likely we won't see these two or three to a card either, so as a pack-in to a regular figure, they'd do nicely.

I agree with that totally. Pack-in they need be and normal articulation a must.

Tey How w/Chair and PK Droid woud be AWESOME, and we certainly wouldnt have to worry about another pegwarming Neimoidian. Now I know to vote for this next year.

That would be a cool figure with all the stuff, but I don't see that happening. Most likely if they do this one it will be like the Lava Miner with no platform to mine lava from.

I was wondering if anyone notice what looks like a PK Droid (might be a Pit Droid) with a Eopie in tow on Tatooine in E-1? That would make a neat set for that Droid if it is a PK Droid. I guess that is just wishful thinking though, because I don't see that happening for a long time if ever.

I would have to agree with OCB and Jesse on the figures from E-1 though. Some would be neat to have, but I could live without them. Anything they do needs to have SA articulation. I don't want any more half new/old figures like the Endor Trooper.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2007, 12:12 PM »
Looks like 4/10 for me - the pod racers are all right outside of my top 10, so I'd like to see those!  Interesting that these are turning out very differently from the polls that I'm helping with on the other site!

'78

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Aren't you limiting the choices of what you can list though?

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2007, 03:43 PM »
It was based on a vote in process just like this poll - however, once the relative scale is applied, some of the more popular choices from the vote in phase have tanked badly...  Just a different method of scoring.

'78

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2007, 04:38 PM »
The PK Droid's body is just like SP-4's, all they'd have to do is sculpt a new head. ;D

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:40 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2007, 07:07 PM »
Wow, Rune, how awesome is that, good custom idea and it proves just how easy itd be for Hasbro to pack in a PK Droid with a new Tey How.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!