Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2007  (Read 43044 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2007
« Reply #90 on: October 8, 2007, 11:26 PM »
And a 5th INT.  I think my lead is .18 after that gets factored in.

I'm ******.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2007, 11:33 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 9, 2007, 12:19 AM »
I assume you won?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 9, 2007, 01:10 AM »
Yeah, Romo pulling his head out of his ass long enough to put together a freakish comeback win put enough points on the board to hang on.  1st place is mine for at least one more week...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2007, 12:00 AM »
Whew, I thought the Giants receivers were about to send me down to an absolutely rediculous defeat, luckily, that did not happen :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2007, 07:57 AM »
Whew, I thought the Giants receivers were about to send me down to an absolutely rediculous defeat, luckily, that did not happen :)

And I'm most likely dead next week too, Rob has got me completely licked on paper, now he's just got to get average production from each of his players.  With Gates and S-Jax out, I barely have a chance.  I've got no QB most likely, who knows if Vince Young is even going to play.  Even if he does, he's not the same guy who kicked ass in the 2nd half of last year's season. 

If I'm going to make the playoffs, it's going to be a 2nd half of the season effort if I can get my first rounder back.  Of course, it doesn't help that the Rams are 0-6.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:02 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2007, 08:27 AM »
Welcome to my year last year...sucks not having a first round pick...no?  And when Jackson does come back you have to hope he plays at 100% and not at 20% like Alexander did

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2007, 10:22 AM »
And I'm most likely dead next week too, Rob has got me completely licked on paper, now he's just got to get average production from each of his players.

I hope so, you've gotten the better of me 3 or 4 straight games now after my having won 3 or 4 in a row.

It's my turn I hope.

If I can just get reasonable production out of my RB's I'll be okay - but they haven't been good for much so far this year.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2007, 11:11 AM »
And Damn you Scott on Bennett... I heard it on the radio this morning and ran straight in to try to pick him up...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2007, 02:03 PM »
And Damn you Scott on Bennett... I heard it on the radio this morning and ran straight in to try to pick him up...

Meh, I thought about it and went for Droughns instead.  My logic is that the Bucs don't exactly have a ferocious running attack, Bennett likely won't be an exception.  Ernest Graham carried the whole rushing load against the Titans last week, for a whopping 13 carries.  So Bennett, a career backup, is gonna come in and what start splitting with Graham and rushing for 6-8 carries per game?

By going with Droughns, I now have the whole Giants backfield combined with Ward if Jacobs ankle turns into anything serious.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Yeah but the Titans are 3rd in the league against the rush - it's no surprise that the Bucs couldn't run the ball on them.

And before Cadillac went out, the Bucs had a 3 game stretch where they were putting up around 160 or so yards per game.  Against the Colts they got behind real quick, lost Pittman, and had to go straight to the air to try to keep up.

They're a better running team than what we saw this week and last.  And Bennett is fast as hell - and is probably going to see some work.

Did Droughns get traded today?  I figured the Giants were just using him last night to up his value at the trade deadline.  Surely he won't be worth much behind Ward and Jacobs.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Bennett is not a career backup...the last few years yeah but he was pretty decent for 2 years with the Vikes until he got hurt.  I'd also rather have a starter than one head of a 3 headed monster...especially with Jacobs there who can do decent at the goalline.

He's not going to start for me anyway, just a good one week plug in when needed

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Bennett is not a career backup...the last few years yeah but he was pretty decent for 2 years with the Vikes until he got hurt.  I'd also rather have a starter than one head of a 3 headed monster...especially with Jacobs there who can do decent at the goalline.

He's not going to start for me anyway, just a good one week plug in when needed

As the owner of Maroney/Morris, I'll vouch for the value of not owning a committee.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2007, 05:16 PM »

Did Droughns get traded today?  I figured the Giants were just using him last night to up his value at the trade deadline.  Surely he won't be worth much behind Ward and Jacobs.

No, but Jacobs sprained his ankle, and Droughns had the most carries last night.

I don't want to see Jacobs go down (Giants fan here, yay 4-2) but if he does I have the entire backfield on my roster.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2007, 05:19 PM »
Bennett is not a career backup...the last few years yeah but he was pretty decent for 2 years with the Vikes until he got hurt. 

2002 was the last year he was a starter.  He's 5 years removed.  That's an eternity in the NFL.

I'd also rather have a starter than one head of a 3 headed monster...

Bennett/Graham are expected to be 50-50.

...especially with Jacobs there who can do decent at the goalline.

Look again at who's gotten the goal line.  Droughns.  Jacobs hasn't been used there.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2007, 02:11 PM »