Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84508 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« on: July 27, 2007, 03:37 PM »
:o

08 Wave 1

- Po Nudo, 2-1B, Octuparra Droid, brand new Kashyyyk Trooper, Commander Gree (NEW!) more figs in wave.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 10:45 PM by Jeff »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Oh boy, I bet that repainted VTSC scout trooper is going to look pretty bad next to the all new sculpt Kashyyyk Elite.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:30 PM »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Loving all of these!

Now I'm glad I didn't over build my Kashyyyk army...

:P

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Me too, I only bought one.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:39 PM »
Loving all of these!

Now I'm glad I didn't over build my Kashyyyk army...

:P

Now you can use them as your Imperial Elite Endor Troops  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Yeah, its kind of surprising that we're getting re-dos of the Kashyyyk Troops and Gree so soon after their original releases - not that I'm complaining.  I'm glad I didn't go to nuts with the repainted version (picked up four), definitely looking forward to the new one.  The 2-1B looks nice too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 04:45 PM »
Pic from SSG including Gree:

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 05:20 PM »
I wonder why they are still calling it 30th Anniversary? Odd. This is a pretty good looking wave, I'm digging the accurate resculpts of Gree and the 41st clone. It is looking to be another expensive year next year...
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I'm not interested in a single one of those figures but they look way too good to pass up. I like what we've seen so far.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 05:44 PM »
I really don't get Hasbro though.  I love the look of the new Gree and Elite Kashyyyk clone.  But seriously, they just came out recently.  Why couldn't Hasbro do it right the first time?  It doesn't make any sense.  They were making accurately sculpted 14 point-articulated figures a year ago when they did the Elite clone, and during EIII when Gree came out.  Why didn't they just do it right the first time?  Very annoying.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 05:45 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 05:54 PM »
I really don't get Hasbro though.  I love the look of the new Gree and Elite Kashyyyk clone.  But seriously, they just came out recently.  Why couldn't Hasbro do it right the first time?  It doesn't make any sense.  They were making accurately sculpted 14 point-articulated figures a year ago when they did the Elite clone, and during EIII when Gree came out.  Why didn't they just do it right the first time?  Very annoying.

Because they made money on them the first time, even though inaccurate, now they'll make even more money, with accurate sculpts, from geeks like us hunting them down all over again.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 05:56 PM »
Wow. A new Gree & Kashyyyk Trooper! 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:59 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 06:42 PM »

Because they made money on them the first time, even though inaccurate, now they'll make even more money, with accurate sculpts, from geeks like us hunting them down all over again.

Maybe.  But they have the license through 2018.  There are tons of characters who haven't been made yet.  There's no shortage of ideas or material.  They could have just as easily done Gree and the Elite Clone correctly in '05 and '06 and then in 2008 Wave 1 done, oh I dunno, pick any 2 names...Yarna and Roth Del Masona for example.

I just think there are some creators of these figures at Hasbro that suck.  I can support this theory by looking at the likenesses of main characters like Mace Windu, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia etc.  Look at their faces.  Hasbro rarely gets that right.  Those characters very often don't even resemble their actor/actress.  I think the same goes for Gree and the Elite clone.  They could have gotten those figures right.  But I think they just suck sometimes.

Look at the Galactic Marine.  Airborne Trooper.   Slam dunks. They nailed those on the first try.  Somebody good at what he/she does created those.

If your theory is to be believed, we would have gotten crappier version of those figures so Hasbro could "make more money" when we buy the corrected version.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Wow. A new Gree & Kashyyyk Trooper!  ::)

Agreed. Its only the first wave though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"