Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159309 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2008, 03:09 PM »
I'm having a bitch of a time trying to get that Jango pic to load (how many servers does cobrarmy.com have, anyway?), so I'm rehosting it and putting it at the top of the new page.

It's worth it--it really is a phenomenal figure.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Yeah it was taking forever to load for me now too... thanks for rehosting it.

If the seller I paid ships according to my past transactions with him, I think I'll have it in about a week.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2008, 03:33 PM »
It because the photo's file size is over 700k (when rendered)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 03:34 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Patience Chewie...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I was hoping to be able to score Mandalore early instead actually... but this will do... hee hee

It's kind of hard to believe that they waited this long to make a great looking Jango figure... and the TAC version with the poncho is pretty damn nice too.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Wait, I was just about to give this figure high praises when I noticed one thing...

The shoulder RINGS!!! The damn things are purple! WHY??

They should be silver or gray at least. Ack, what should have been the best Jango to date, while still maybe holding that title, isn't prefect.  To me that shoulder ring is a major flaw. It's something that's plagued several of the clones as well. I don't look at my action figure's armpits, so I could care less if the ring matches the color underneath. It HAS to match the color on top.

Yeah yeah, I know I could paint it. But why? Id have to seal the paint and it could still scrape of. Hasbro should have fixed this. Gawd, I hope this is a proto and is correct on the actual figure.

Sorry for the rant, but I was looking to ditch all of my previous Jango's for this one. Now it looks like I may have to hold up on that.

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Oh, I still like it.   :)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2008, 06:22 PM »
Wow, can't wait until that's released.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Oh, I still like it.   :)

Yeah, it's a tiny figure meant to represent Jango Fett.  I think it holds to it pretty damn well myself. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Please dont' get me wrong, it IS an amazing figure. It's just one of those "J/C how could they miss that" kind of things to me. I'll still get it, but I'm probably not going to get the several extras I was planning on getting. I guess I'm still on the fence about it, though leaning towards not getting extras.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Y'know, after 12 years of buying Hasbro product, I would hope to be able to figure out their logic when relaseing toys.  I saw all 3 re-released Evolutions sets tonight in 3 differnt stores.  Now, I own the original releases, and I don't buy packaging changes, so there was nothing new for me to buy.  Now, if they had put out the Jedi, Mando and Sith set, I would have spent close to 75 bucks.

The issue here is that I think these sets are going to shelfwarm because most of us have these, and the new ones, the ones that we WANT, are going to be tough to find...I just don't get it.  How does this benefit Hasbro?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Collectors might have passed over them the first time so they re-introduce them to the market. The sales generated from new customers and those completists that do collect packaging changes help to offset the development costs of the new sets. Plus, it keeps the prices of these sets down overall.

So, ultimately it benefits Hasbro and us.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:45 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2008, 02:24 AM »
Well in my neck of the woods, the only set that isn't selling that well is the Clone to Stormtrooper set... and why is that?  Because TAC had so many clone repacks in it, that the Evolution set of them just doesn't seem all that special.  Still nice figures, but I don't need any more of those.

I have picked up two Sith sets, bringing my total of them including the ROTS version to eight... probably will get one or two more... I just can't help it, I love all three figures for custom fodder.

The Anakin set, while awesome, I don't need more of.  I got four of the original version, that's all I need.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01 AM »
All I know is that these sets have been moving fairly slowly since they were reintroduced. What Jaybird is saying makes perfect sense, but I can't say we won't end up with Speedermike's results. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2008, 09:51 AM »
They should have put out the waves like this:

Wave 1
Sith evo set 2
Anakin evo
Fett evo

Wave 2
Sith evo set 1
Jedi evo set
Secret Apprentice evo set

Wave 3
Clone evo set w/paint op change
Rebel Pilots evo
Obi-wan evo (it's rumored right?)

Etc...

That would have spread things out, still accomplished the deferring of costs Hasbro needed and helped prevent massive self warming.

I'm still convinced that Hasbro wanted planogram committment from Target and WalMart and to meet the deadline of the "after-the-holidays" aisle resets they rushed the repacks to the market - regardless of the negative impact on the sub-line.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!