Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107955 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Yeah, guess you're right. But the animated clones are 8$ each. buying 19 more would cost a lot.
True, if you're filling them up with animated clones.

Most of us have enough realistic clones to fill several AT-TEs.

Great point.  I wonder how many of us are buying to fill up with the "normal" line versus animated figs.  I'm putting regular clones in mine.

Well, I'm using one for Geonosis, so that gets AOTC clones.
Another for Utapau, so Cody's clones for that.

If I buy the other three I'm debating on they will be filled with the following:
Coruscant: Grey Coruscant clones
Kashyyyk: Elite/Kashyyyk Clones
Felucia: Bly's clones

Dude, how are you going to display five ATTE's?  You must have one mother of a display room!

Well that's just it, I'm not, YET.
I've got room for one to display, but the others I get will all go to storage for now. (Thankfully I think I'm a couple weeks away from closing on a house, then whoo-boy, I'm going to have tons of room. The basement is all mine, minuse the space for the water heater, washer, dryer and half bath.)

I do have something fun planned for how I display the first one and it has nothing to do with how I described it above. But you all will have to wait and see for that. Pics and a video to follow around the weekend of 7/26-and NO nothing weird or dirty...don't even misquote me, lol.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:06 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I was hoping to get a few of these, but there's no way in hell I have room.  I did get one though, and have to say that this is probably the best work I've seen Hasbro do so far, as far as an item for a diorama.  Regarding play value though?  Not as good as I thought it would be because the darn legs keep popping out of their sockets each time I move it.  As a kid, I'd probably be very frustrated with that.

Probably going to just stick with the one I have, but who knows.  I might talk myself into getting a second one later this summer.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Nice early find!

Regarding play value though?  Not as good as I thought it would be because the darn legs keep popping out of their sockets each time I move it.  As a kid, I'd probably be very frustrated with that.

As a collector, I'm going to be frustrated with that.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Well considering mine will just mostly stand around, I'm not worried about the legs popping off. I won't be playing with it. <--waits to be misquoted...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2008, 05:30 PM »
The good thing is we know who is hosting the images.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I just scored one at Target and will open it tomorrow. I will let you know if mine has the leg problem. I really thought the box was going to be bigger, looking forward to cracking this open.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Yeah I'm shocked (by looking at the size of it in pictures) to hear how small the box is.  It goes to show how Hasbro can make "big" things not so big...  When you think about it, the Spider Droid is mostly air, and yet as a toy it looks pretty huge...  In reality, it's all height on 4 spindly legs, so it makes a great $20 vehicle because there's not much to it.

Same with the V-19...  It's the vehicles with bulk to them that become more a problem, like the Sith Infiltrator or whatnot.  This is why I wish Hasbro would do more to-scale vehicles...  The TE, the V-19...  They're great.  Ships like the Y-Wing, if it had removable engine nacels, would be insanely less bulky to package.  Same goes for the X-Wing...  Small ships really when you break them down, and definitely doable to-scale.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Ships like the Y-Wing, if it had removable engine nacels, would be insanely less bulky to package.

Mine came right off when I went to store a few of these.  Are these not supposed to be reconnected?  This ship could have easily fit in with the $19.99 Starfighter assortment IMO.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2008, 11:04 PM »
I meant the entire Nacell, from cone to engine's rear.  I've always thought a new one with "pop-off nacels" would be an insanely cool feature, ala the pop-off wings of TIE Fighters.  Considering Y-Wings are basically cannon fodder in the movies, and the nacels blow off first usually, I'm surprised the original toy didn't include that.

I hope we get something new for that ship someday as it'd make a great "big" ship ala the new TIE Fighters I think.  One of the finer OT designs as far as detail goes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Scored one of these yesterday at Target. Like Jack, I should be getting around to opening it today.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Scored one earlier this afternoon.  The box is quite heavy!  I only wish I had time to open it up before I had to head in to the office today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2008, 04:42 PM »
It seems that a few of you have found the AT-TE but haven't opened the box yet.  What gives?   ;)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2008, 08:56 PM »
It seems that a few of you have found the AT-TE but haven't opened the box yet.  What gives?   ;)

Yeah, no joke. I'd be opening that pup on the way home!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Got around to opening mine - pretty easy assembly. It is sizable and very cool. In playing around with it, I am having the same problem with legs easily popping off as others are. It is kind of annoying, buy only if you really play with it. I did fill it with figures as well. The top gun racks in the back seem pointless as the blasters really don't fit in. Other than that, it's awesome.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Got around to putting mine together last night.  Very, very cool.  It assembled pretty easily.  The one hitch I've run into is that the main cannon doesn't hold on very securely.  I need to dig out some clones from my storage bins to crew the thing now!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback