Author Topic: Today Is A Sad Day  (Read 3972 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Today Is A Sad Day
« on: June 14, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Today, I had to take our oldest cat, Charlie of just over 18 yrs to the vet & let her go to Kitty Land.
She had lost 20 pounds & was getting sicker. A very sad day for us.  :'(
We will miss her.  :-[  :'(

Good bye my Friend.  :'(

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Today Is A Sad Day
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 05:44 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, DSJ. :(

I don't know what I'd do if I had to do the same for my dog. You have my condolences.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 05:56 PM »
Very sorry for Charlie's journey into Kitty Land Dale, but at a whopping 18 years of age, he's definitely lived a full (and probably very fun) life!   :)  Always tough to lose a longtime companion like that though.  My condolonces bud.  We actually just lost one of our pet squirrels last week.   :'(  Patty had named him Yoda, since he was pretty old and frail...  We had only known him for a few months though since he's actually not really our "pet", but a wild squirrel who just frequently visited us to munch down some yummy peanuts!

So did you take Charlie to the local mall, or a Walmart, and have his portrait taken?   ;D  Or is that actually a real background goin' on there?   Either way, just remember the good times you guys had together, and keep in mind that Charlie's happy and healthy again probably climbing a big ol' tree up in Kitty Land right now!
- M

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 05:58 PM »
Really sad to hear that, Dale.  :'(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 08:35 PM »
Dale, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.   :'(  That is very, very sad news.  My wife & I have four cats, and they're all under 3 years of age.  I don't know what I'm going to do when their time comes.  I'm going to be absolutely devastated when that time comes, but I'm not going to dwell on it now.

Dale, how many other cats do you have?  Are you thinking about getting another cat to fill in for Charlie's absence?
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 11:36 PM »
Thanks gang.
Charlie pictures were professionally done at Sears. She was never declawed & that will teach the photographer for waving that rubber mouse in front of her.  ;D
We have 3 more cats. Mugsy & Neisey, brother & sister (twins) & Squirt. We will not be replacing Charlie.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2003, 12:24 AM »
My heart goes out o you DSJ,. If you were around last year at the scum, you sholuld remember that I had to let my lil dog Mario go. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I cried for days. But in time you will heal, just remember how much you loved her and the joy she provided the family.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2003, 01:52 AM »
Dale, I totally know what you're going thru.....a little over a year ago I had to put down my Siamese Silverpoint male cat down..........he was 19 years old.....but his time had come....and he was in bad shape.That was the hardest descision of my life so far........and I hated to have to make the final descision.

I still miss "Smokey"  :'(
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 03:17 AM »
Dale, sorry to hear that. Whe I was a teen we had a cat, had him for about 5 or so years and one day after I got back home from a band trip, he got killed by a car the next day, crawled under my window to die; I'm glasd he wsn't messed up and we buried him in the back yard. Then in jan 2000, one of our cockatiels got out. We had a snow fall of 10" and my wife and I thought it would be cool to try to see if we could take his picture on the snow coveredn trashcan. Now he did have his flight wings.  i was outside with the camera and it was getting dark at 5:30 and at first he crawled back up my wifes' arm like he didn't want to do this. When she opened the back door the second time, our birdie freaked and flew off into the trees  :'( i spent hours outside trying to coax him down, I had seen him as he flew from tree to tree. I didn't know if he would even survive the night but he did  :)
But the next morning I still couldn't coax him down. We put his laarge cage out on the back porch. My wife watched for him all day. He had made his way to the power line going to the house when a bigger bird swooped down and chased him off. :'(
So we NEVER let our other cockatiel near a door now.  We still haven't replaced our first one either.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 07:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  I had a cat for 19 years and had to put her to sleep.  I cried like I was 5 years old about it.  My dog has cancer right now and is not doing to well.  I don't expect him to make it through July.  It's so sad to watch them slip away.  

Offline Batman

• Youngling
  • I'm Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2003, 07:52 PM »
Very sorry Dale... :(
Corey aka Batman

"Even the smallest people can change the course of the future."

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2003, 07:57 PM »
I'm also sorry to hear about your loss Dale.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2003, 08:55 AM »
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. It is a very hard thing but take comfort knowing that you gave her a good life for 18 years. I see you had some good pics taken, pull those out every now and then and fondly remember her.

edited for spelling
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 10:18 AM by Reconsgt »
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2003, 09:38 AM »
my condolences as well Dale, ti's a very hard decision to make but it sounds like you did what was best for Charlie

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2003, 10:36 AM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of Charlie, Dale.  I had to put my cat Smokey down three years ago and I have an idea how hard that was for you.  
He was a very handsome cat (that picture is priceless)!
Beth