Author Topic: Wal-Mart "The Force Unleashed" Box Sets  (Read 58747 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "The Force Unleashed" Box Sets
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2008, 05:27 PM »
...or never makes it to the floor and is sold out the back of the delivery truck. That's what happens at most of my Walmarts.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2008, 05:43 PM »
I guess I live in Wal-Mart heaven.  The midwest stores don't seem to have many of the problems that I hear about from other parts of the country.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2008, 07:17 PM »
I guess I live in Wal-Mart heaven.

I don't like you.   >:(     ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2008, 09:51 AM »
You might be. Being from the East coast, I had never heard of WM until I went to college and they built one on the outskirts of the campus town.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:55 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2008, 12:05 PM »
...or never makes it to the floor and is sold out the back of the delivery truck. That's what happens at most of my Walmarts.

Sounds like my Walmart.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2008, 11:24 PM »
These DVD "packs" are usually a one time 2-3 day deal at the 2-3 WM's that decide to stock exclusives in the TC area, but I'm really looking forward to these ($10?) sets moreso than the previous ones.

I dropped my old avatar for now (waiting for new storefronts) so hopefully I'll have some good luck this time.  Ya probably not.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2008, 11:39 PM »
For all our sakes, I hope Wally comes through with good distribution on these...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: September 5, 2008, 03:51 PM »
Anyone spotted these yet?  If they are still on schedule to hit with the game's launch on the 16th, I'm guessing someone out there will find them sitting on an overnight pallet sometime this weekend...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Yeah, at Wal-Mart in Arnold, MO last night, they had about 6-8 of each one.  Not in the regular Star Wars section - but still in the main Star Wars aisle.

I like these quite a bit more than I thought I would, but I was hoping for a cheaper price than $14.84 for them.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Remember the good 'ol days when they were $9.96 and some of them included FOUR figures?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 11:31 AM »
I got these sets last night. Not happy with the near $15 price tag. Don't really need the Vader or Emperor figures. The troopers are okay though. Haven't opened them up yet, but will in the next couple of days.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2008, 12:46 AM »
I picked these up myself tonight. Went poking around in places that shoppers really aren't supposed to poke and found a case of them sitting amongst cases of other toys.

Picked up two of each set. Don't think I'm going to get any more than that. If they had been $10 each, I might have bought two of each to open and one to keep MIB.

Oh well, I'm trying to get out of the army/squad building habit anyway...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 09:11 AM »
These have started hitting here in socal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Yup, just found many of each at a Wal-Mart on this afternoon's gas wasting trip.  For $15, I can't complain too much.  At least they picked the best possible Emperor mold and one of the better-ish Vaders, although I must say I'm probably near a point where I could man an AT-TE with all the Vintage Vaders between all the gift sets I've bought.  (Tins, Disturbance in the Force, Target Kashyyyk BP, VOTC figure, etc. etc.)

Did anyone look at the mock-ups on the back of the boxes?  I thought it was neat how they used other Stormtrooper molds for one of the two figures on the back (one of the Shadow troopers appears to be the Evo Sandtrooper body while the other Incinerator seems to be a POTJ Sandtrooper body.)  I like the figures enough, though, and some of the buzz in stores seems to be people think that these silver and grey Shadow Stormtroopers are the same ones as the Saga Legends/TSC Club Exclusive version.  I guess that's what happens when there's not enough variety in the product.

Unlike some other recent purchases, I don't feel like I've been taken by these. :)  I actually kinda wish I bought more but have recently decided that nearly every time I bought extra troopers for display purposes, I've never actually needed them.  That and there's more for other fans, I hope, if I don't build a squad just yet.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2008, 11:56 AM »
These stormies must be sold separately as saga legends or a new wave from Legacy collection.

They must improve this vader scupt someday with removable helmet and Shaw´s head.

The head of the emperor needs to be replaced for the OT´s emperor head.