Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 1 (RotLA)  (Read 32029 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Haven't seen any scans yet. . .

Scratch that:

Missing from this are Sallah and Monkey Man.

And just for the record, this image was posted about 3 or 4 pages ago by Matt. ;)  CTR must be running it as new news?  Nix that, it must be old there too.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:49 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Colonel Dietrich.... wonder if he was related to Sepp....

The German Soldier's arms look a little long and I wish Indy didn't have Action Albatross feature.  But oh well.  Looks good, I guess Sallah is not in Wave 1?

We need the Hovitos as well.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 09:29 PM »
These look cooler every time I look at them. I can' t wait to see the other waves.  Henry Jones Sr.  will be the coolest old man figure ever.  I hope he has his umbralla.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 12:55 AM »
I thought Sallah and Monkey Man were both in Wave 1...  Maybe they're Wave 2 hold-overs and there's Deitrich (thanks Paul), Toht, perhaps some other characters mixed in there.  We need the mechanic, Marion in dress, and I want the Cairo Arab henchmen (white robes, black turbans/masks) that kidnap Marion.  Would like the Gestapo Agents from Cairo too with the MP-40's.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 08:51 PM »
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1055&company=3

Up for preorder...not sure if I'm in full boat on this yet, for sure I'll be getting an Indy...beyond on that though I'll probably pass

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #20 on: December 1, 2007, 03:18 AM »
I'll be picking these up for custom fodder most likely.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #21 on: December 1, 2007, 10:08 AM »
Monkey Man from EE...  the pic also shows off those "bonus artifacts" that the packaging shots had mentioned.

« Last Edit: December 1, 2007, 10:09 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #22 on: December 1, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Very awesome on the grail tablet.  ;D I hope the artifacts are in scale witht he figures but it doesnt look like the idol is.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #23 on: December 1, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Very awesome on the grail tablet.  ;D I hope the artifacts are in scale witht he figures but it doesnt look like the idol is.

Ah, but the jacketed, SA Indy apparently comes with an idol that is in scale:

---

Where's Sallah?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #24 on: December 1, 2007, 11:42 AM »

Ah, but the jacketed, SA Indy apparently comes with an idol that is in scale:

Yeah, I think the intent of the "bonus artifacts" is along the line of the mini-holos.  They are not intended to be in-scale accessories, but rather intended to be the little pack-in freebies for the Indy figs.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #25 on: December 3, 2007, 01:49 AM »
Odd that they're releasing the Grail Tablet from LC in the first wave of Raiders. ???
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #26 on: December 3, 2007, 03:08 AM »
I'm guessing, like Jeff said, they're randomized, pack-in junk.  Not meant to be accessories, not meant to make sense as to which figure they come with... 

Had they been, I think they'd be more popular.  Same as the holo minis that Hasbro gave the SW figures for a while, would've gone over better had they been little holographs from the film, like a little holographic Rodian Senator for Palpy's desk, a little Holo Leia, a little Holo Vader, etc.  But that's me...  Maybe kids dig this crap.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #27 on: December 3, 2007, 04:55 AM »
Odd that they're releasing the Grail Tablet from LC in the first wave of Raiders. ???

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I was also initially concerned about those oversized "accessories" as well, especially the Staff of Ra headpiece and the golden Idol, but after seeing that pic Matt posted there, I'm feeling better about things.

I'm still on the fence with this line though, since I'm already in way over my head with the Star Wars stuff as it is.  I may play it like Scott, and just grab the SA Indy (carded and loose), for ***** and giggles.  Hell, many of us have the Kubrick of him mixed in with our SW Kubes, so I guess the same should hold true for the respective 4" lines.  I'm not overly excited about the rest of the characters/figures really.  However, if Hasbro made some cool dioramas to display these in, I may be inclined to rethink things.  Obviously they would never do that though, so I'm probably safe with just plunking down $15 on a couple Indy figures and calling it a day.  Hopefully.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #28 on: December 4, 2007, 12:33 AM »
^ I am thinking along similar lines.

The other hangup for me is that visually most of the Indy characters aren't nearly as compelling as SW figures. In SW, even the most obscure background character has a custom-designed outfit and either alien prosthetics or at least some sort of funny hat. Most of the Indy characters wear ordinary early-20th-century off-the-shelf menswear which isn't nearly as entertaining.

I.e.,

versus

That's not to say the Indy ones won't be interesting as collectibles, but personally they don't turn my crank so to speak.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2007, 12:34 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #29 on: December 4, 2007, 09:18 AM »
That's a good point, and although I'm looking forward to the line that reason there makes me curious what kind of legs it will have at retail overall.  Like I've said before, I always just hoped Hasbro would do a "mail away" or SWShop exclusive SA Indy figure at some point, so the fact that we're getting several waves of figures is just gravy.  I'm happy we're getting the line, but I'd be ok if it were somewhat short-lived.