Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 1 (RotLA)  (Read 32025 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #30 on: December 4, 2007, 12:48 PM »
That is a good point about the lack of interesting designs.  I mean, it's cool and all but how unique are these toys really going to be?  As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing like Star Wars collectibles in the sense that the Indy stuff doesn't have the appeal of creative imagination like Star Wars.  So I don't see these as being nearly as hot as Star Wars stuff.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2007, 02:36 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #31 on: December 4, 2007, 02:15 PM »
The more I look at the picture with the artifacts, they all look to be in scale witht he figures except for the idol (and maybe the staff of ra top) I also hope they are not random.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
wave1
« Reply #32 on: December 8, 2007, 04:05 PM »
My guess is that Salah might be a deluxe figure, along with the ark.  Odd, but a good way to get a "boring" figure and a great accesory.  I think that the playsets will be for the 3 3/4 figures, as will the vehicles, because I believe that Hasbro hinted at them being so.  But I might be dreaming.

I'm sure the high price tag is for the launch, then after a few weeks they'll be Star Wars prices.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #33 on: December 9, 2007, 03:49 PM »
I'm going to be really tempted to pick up some of these. At the very least, I'm going to pick up an Indy, but the rest still look great regardless.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
wave1
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Saw the pics of the first wave in the New Tomarts.

I'm worried the guys with the longer Arab garb will not have below the waste articulation (not that you need it with non-soft goods)...

The SA Indy looks great.  The only thing that Makes the German Soldier look like a German from WWII is his MP40.  No insignia...so a very "sterile" uniform.  He could be called "Generic Bad Guy wearing Khaki"....just as easily.  Hat does not seem removable JJ..

I'm still all over this line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 09:53 PM »
The only thing that Makes the German Soldier look like a German from WWII is his MP40.  No insignia...so a very "sterile" uniform.  He could be called "Generic Bad Guy wearing Khaki"....just as easily.  Hat does not seem removable JJ..

I'm still all over this line.

So basically he looks like a German from ROTLA? :)  Except he has MP-40 pouches and hardly any (if any?) in the film had the right ammo pouches...  I think the only thing the Germans wore to distinguish themselves in the movies were the red/white/black swastika arm bands...  I don't recall specifics about collar tabs and things, or their belt buckles.  It's been a while though since I watched ROTLA or Crusade for that matter.  I was thinking Crusade's uniforms were more realistic for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 08:12 AM »

So basically he looks like a German from ROTLA? :)  Except he has MP-40 pouches and hardly any (if any?) in the film had the right ammo pouches... 

Oh exactly, I forgot to mention that part...Historically Comical, but Movie Accurate...

Here is a funny part about the pouches...as you've mentioned most Germans in the movie carry the MP40 (9mm pistol rounds) but pouches for K98 (8mm Rifle Round), well it looks like the Indy German has one of Each pouch...an MP40 (brown leather, so Norwegian actually) and a K98 pouch on the other side (brown leather as well, so correct for DAK).  I can't tell because that one pouch is covered by the right arm, but it does not stick out as much as an MP40 pouch would...

Wow, I just bored myself with that one...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Hey, they're just uniform variances.  Lazy DAK guys that didn't want to be as spiffy looking as the 21st Century DAK figures.

Don't rain on my parade!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 08:41 PM »
DAK?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro 3.75\\
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Deutsche Afrika Korps...  DAK's just a shortened term for the German military in North Africa during World War 2, which just includes the guys from Raiders and Last Crusade.  I think, but I'm not sure, that you even see the tropical DAK logo (a Palm Tree with Swastika) some places in the movies...  Been a while though, so I could be wrong.  I could've just recalled a fairly generic German logo too and am remembering wrong.

The "box" that came with the German from the Indy Themed store in Disney World features a pretty generic logo on it...  I think that's to be the Ark's box the Germans put it in that it burned the logo in the film, but again details are fuzzy these days.  Old age and all. :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Figures - 2008 Wave 1
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Looks like all the Hasbro Indy stuff has been pulled from EE (either that or I'm not looking in the right place).  The only thing they've got up now are the two new Gentle Giant things and some graphic novel.

EDIT:  Same for BBTS
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:31 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Interesting... seems like most all of them have pulled the Hasbro listings. 

I guess Hasbro must not have liked the early start to the pre-sells.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Or they'll be delayed (like the TFU line). Maybe they're covered with lead paint?  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2007, 03:57 PM »
It's almost as if they've been wiped clean. . .  by the Wrath of God.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2007, 05:19 PM »
Wasn't this case listed on SWS.com as well? If so it is also gone.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird