Author Topic: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)  (Read 45206 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I'm not diggin anything about this cast other than most of the hot chickies and Ray Park (not that we'll here him talk or see his face)

That pic of Dennis Quaid on cell?  blah.  This movie is going to suck   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2008, 07:25 PM »
This movie is going to suck   ::)

I said that about a certain movie of yours last year, Mike. It turned out not so bad.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 3, 2008, 02:31 PM »
MTV has an article up on the upcoming GI Joe movie, with some new-ish details.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 3, 2008, 02:44 PM »
IESB has the first look up of Dennis Quaid as Hawk.

I took a look at that pic.  What's odd is he is wearing and Army uniform, but has a gold missile command badge on his left/lower pocket.  It's also gold...the army does not have a missile command to the best of my knowledge, but the Air Force does.  However, the AF missile command (Air and Space command) badge is silver in color.  Now that I take a second look, it's all black, so it's not a real USA uniform, so I'm guessing this is that politically correct international military the movie is going to pitch.

I know details, but still would love to get uniforms correct.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 09:10 AM »
IGN Movies has a video feature up detailing the cast of G.I. Joe.  Its a nice summary of who's who, if anyone is interested.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Sorry if this is old news, but in this report, Dennis Quaid says he signed on for three G.I. Joe movies.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2008, 08:26 PM »
This is supposedly the first pic of Snake Eyes from the movie .....

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2008, 09:51 PM »
\\

Somebody lightened it up....

All I can say is...well, it's not leather....other than that, I'm not excited, not surprised either, I mean...his Sigma Suit is showing.

They got him very V2 ish so that is good, but the Clan Tattoo on the Body Suit?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2008, 10:01 PM »
I think SE looks fantastic, but I still think the movie will tank...

This coming from a Transformer/Joe background as a kid....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2008, 12:36 AM »
I think it looks great. They did a better job here than I expected them to. Of course, as low as my expectations are...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 12:37 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2008, 08:33 AM »
SuperHeroHype has another pic of Snake Eyes up as well.  I think they both look pretty cool, and I was always a big fan of his v2 look growing up.  Like others, I'm not sure about the movie as a whole so far, but Snake Eyes looks pretty spiffy.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2008, 01:44 PM »

^ I'm not sure what to think.  I was hoping for more of a realistic military look than this.  The upper body material on him looks... too fake.  Almost like a video game or something... I was hoping Snake Eyes would get the classic look he had in his first appearance in the comics.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2008, 02:23 PM »
I think he looks ******* awesome.  My kid's on a Darth Maul kick, so we watched part of Phantom Menace the other day.  Ray Park can do some pretty cool stuff.  I'm trying to temper my expectations, but I think it'll be cool.  Snake Eyes pwns.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I think that outfit looks awesome.  My only real gripe with it is the clan symbol on the uniform.  He's not your typical soldier by any means, but still, he is in the military.

I'm not so concerned about the top part of the outfit.  If GI Joe is THE elite team then it stands to reason they'd have the latest, greatest equipment available to them and that looks like it could be a next-gen body armor suit.  Besides, the black BDUs and other equipment (not counting the sword) look pretty standard for what you'd find on the rack for a specialized tactical squad.

As an example, if you look at the body armor they wore in "Universal Soldier" in 1992 it looked futuristic and wasn't what our soldiers were wearing...but now some of armor we have in Iraq looks similar to what was in that film.

I'm just hoping for the movie to not suck.  That's my only concern.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I really like how he looks as well, at least from these initial pictures.  I was looking at these pics again, and I was thinking I'd be going nuts about this if I saw these when I was growing up.  Who knows how the movie will end up, but I hope it will be good.  Like others have said, Snake Eyes should be cool at any rate.  I'm really glad that Ray Park got that part.  I was reading some people's responses on other (Joe related) boards, and its kind of funny.  Most people seem to like it, but I saw a couple of comments saying "its too unrealistic, just like the comic/cartoon".  Usually it seems like the complaint is "its too different from the cartoon/comic" :).  We nerds are tough to please.

That brings up the question - how would you like to see the rest of the characters portrayed in a live action movie?  Do you want Cobra Commander with a silver faceplate and/or hood, do you want Destro with a silver/metal head?  How close to the comic (or cartoon) should the characters look?  Just thinking about who we know is in this movie - I'm wondering how close their looks will be.  Snake Eyes is obviously pretty close, but what about Duke, Storm Shadow, Baroness, CC, Destro, Zartan - or even just regular Cobra Soldiers if we see them?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:22 PM by Brian »