Author Topic: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers  (Read 57258 times)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
Re: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers
« Reply #90 on: December 6, 2008, 05:30 PM »
This may not be the place to ask but does anyone have any of the Ark stickers to come off of? I'd love to have the ark but I'm not all that interested in the 12" figures themselves. Check my up for trade list for star wars trade items. I've got crystal skeleton stickers but I'm not sure how many of those I have to trade.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Only one week left to send off for these things!

All the details @ Hasbro.com
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:00 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Only one week left to send off for these things!

All the details @ Hasbro.com

Thanks for the reminder.  At the risk of having egg on my face, I didn't note whether you can send a single check to cover multiple items or if you have to send multiple payments in different envelopes?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Dunno.  I just sent off for three skeletons and two Indy/Horses a couple weeks ago, and I did five separate money orders and envelopes.  Didn't even think about combining them.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Thanks.  Probably safest to play it that way.  Not sure why I'm getting multiple skeletons, other than I have the stickers for them.  One for sure, two is ok but more than that isn't much point to me. 

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Sent my final Crystal Skeleton form yesterday (eighth overall) and my only Indy w/ Horse form this morning.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #96 on: January 5, 2009, 04:02 PM »
With the extension of the Capt. Rex offer, think we'll see an announcement on this with so many figures still widely available?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 5, 2009, 04:35 PM »
I hope so.  I just picked up a handful of $3 figures.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: January 5, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Since they already extended it once (original date was Oct 31st), it's not outside the realm of possibilty that they would extend it again if they are sitting on piles of left-over mail-away figures...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 5, 2009, 04:51 PM »
I'm hoping so.  I passed on it, well, more properly dawdled/dragged my butt and didn't mail in the forms.  I really would like one or two of the skeletons and would love to get the large Ark and the Indy/horse too.  But I haven't bought any of the Adventure heroes or large figures, so the latter two are unlikely. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #100 on: January 5, 2009, 04:54 PM »
I have an extra Indy/Horse on the way that you'd be welcome to if you weren't Canadian.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: January 5, 2009, 08:22 PM »
If you want Stickers Brent, let me know.  I've got a pile here for maybe 3 Skeletons?  If they offer them I could mail in for a few and mail you one if you want or whatever.  I'd probably take some more simply because I have the stickers for them, if they extend the offer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 6, 2009, 07:31 AM »
I'm hoping so.  I passed on it, well, more properly dawdled/dragged my butt and didn't mail in the forms.  I really would like one or two of the skeletons and would love to get the large Ark and the Indy/horse too.  But I haven't bought any of the Adventure heroes or large figures, so the latter two are unlikely. 

I would like to get an Indy/Horse too.

I have an extra Indy/Horse on the way that you'd be welcome to if you weren't Canadian.

If Brent passes I would be interested.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2009, 11:54 AM »
Anybody receive a postcard re: the Crystal Skeletons? Supposedly they won't ship until February because they had to order more. I did not receive a postcard though. Several people have posted on Rebelscum.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2009, 08:42 PM »
On Monday, I entered a question to Hasbro Consumer Affairs through their website re: the Crystal Skeleton offer.

I sent away for a total of twelve of them and had yet to receive a postcard letting me know that I might (or might not) actually get them at some point.

Anyway, after a couple of days, I got a response from Hasbro to my question which essentially said two things:
1) they confirmed that I had 12 skeletons on order
2) that they had sent me a post card notifying me of the delay

Ok - so the first part was welcome to hear - that my 12 certificates and payments had made it to the order processing center and that 12 skeletons would eventually be coming to me.

The second part was a bit confusing, since, like I said before, I never received a post card. Turns out that they probably meant that they sent me a postcard about the delay THAT DAY, 'cause guess what arrived in the mail today (Saturday) - a postcard!

For anyone who hasn't gotten one of these yet, here's what it says:

We have received your redemption request for the Indiana Jones Crystal Skeleton collectible figure. We received more requests for this figure than was originally forecast, so we had to place an additional manufacturing order. Due to this situation, we will be unable to ship the figure(s) to you until June 10, 2009. If you don't want to wait until then, you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund by calling our toll-free customer service number, (800) 327-8264. Customer service hours are M-TH 8:30am-5:00pm; Fr 8:30am-12:30pm. If we do not hear from you by May 15th, 2009 we will assume that you have agreed to this shipment delay. Please DO NOT call the toll-free number unless you want to cancel your order. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay.

If this is redudant and everyone already knew this I apologize. I had not see anywhere the shipping date for the "additional manufacturing order" of these, so I thought posting the card's message might be some welcome news to anyone still waiting on these.

Considering that these things go for anywhere from $10 - $20 on eBay right now, for me to have sent away for 12 only to ask for a refund now would just be foolish since so far I'm only out $72 + the costs of the money orders I used. To get 12 on eBay right now would run me anywhere from $120 - $240 BEFORE shipping. No thanks, I'll wait two more months for my Crystal Skeletons.

Thank goodness the call-to-action statement on the postcard is only to CANCEL your order and not the reverse, asking you to call to confirm you still want the figures you ordered. Hopefully there are quite a few figures coming in this batch and scoring a 13th one to complete my Akator throne room will be cheap.

I wonder if they have that "new" factory that was making the Indy figures making anything else before they shut down Indy line operations? It's wishful thinking I know, but I wonder if they're cranking out those Wave 5 RotLA figures for an upcoming exclusive offering?  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!