Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 106317 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Star Trek
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:48 PM »
The official website for Star Trek XI is online & will updated soon with the teaser trailer & so forth.

Guess the teaser trailer is being shown with Cloverfield. A bootleg version of the trailer can be seen here on Youtube which may get pulled soon or here on trekmovie.com.

Also the first pic of the new Enterprise from the trailer. Hot damn!  8)

« Last Edit: December 3, 2012, 10:33 AM by Jeff »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 07:28 AM »
Posting that here!!
Blasphemy!!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I was going to post the ST trailer as well. Cool image. However, wasn't Robert April the first Enterprise CO?
 ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:38 PM »
I was going to post the ST trailer as well. Cool image. However, wasn't Robert April the first Enterprise CO?
 ???

If you accept all EU of Star Trek....

Robert T. April , first commander of the first Enterprise NCC-1701 (commissioned 2245)
Christopher Pike
James T. Kirk
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Well sort of I guess. Robert April was a Lieutenant on the SS Yorktown & given a promotion & placed in command of the freighter. The USS Enterprise was launched under Captain Robert April then this character became Captain Christopher Pike. Basically he was a TV series pitch from Roddenberry when Gene submitted his first proposal for Star Trek.

Later voiced in the animated episode The Counter-Clock Incident by James Doohan & the only appearance by April.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:14 PM »
The official website for Star Trek XI is online & will updated soon with the teaser trailer & so forth.

Yep, the HD trailer is up. Also, to the right of the words "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" is a blinking red light. Clicking it will take you to a new viral site with the URL NCC-1701.com. It features four cameras of the shipyard which you can bring into focus by changing the frequency. If you let the page sit long enough, the "offline" camera on the page will show a corridor for just a second.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:12 AM »
Can;t seem to find a thread for anything Star Trek; I wonder why.  have to admit i have liked some of the shows a lot. 

The movie has been delayed until may 2009. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Link about the delay.

Yeah, it stinks. I'm still hoping it's just post-strike drama, and it'll still be out this Christmas, but stuff like that never happens.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:00 AM »
Weak sauce. I'm not particularly champing at the bit to see this, but hey it's a new Trek movie so I am sold no matter how unpromising this prequel/reboot (preboot?) sounds.

Still, summer is a more logical release time than Oscar bait season.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 01:01 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Link about the delay.

Yeah, it stinks. I'm still hoping it's just post-strike drama, and it'll still be out this Christmas, but stuff like that never happens.

They were having some bad strike problems with scenes that really need re-writes. For example, apparently, there's a SPOILER....

....Kobyoshi Maru scene where Kirk didn't re-program the computer to win as established in WOK. He slept with some instructor instead. That needed re-writing before shooting and kept getting pushed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Anton, regarding your spoiler (i know you didnt write the story), but what writer would have thought that that was a good idea to begin with?? That would totally change the idea of Kirk being crafty and resourceful to being essentially a space ****.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 04:31 PM »
It sounds pretty symptomatic of the mindset behind this film--messing with stuff that didn't need to be messed with, and going back to show things that, I would argue, didn't need to be revisited. The explanation in TWOK is great as it is; was anyone really clamoring to see the incident on film when we already knew the relevant bits?

Now I know how you old-timers felt before TPM came out. :P (I was 13, so I was just excited for new SW on the big screen! 8))

But what's worse, it seems like they couldn't discipline themselves to sticking entirely to the established material, and they didn't have the guts for a full "reimagining" or reboot--so they went for this split-the-difference crap that is just going to cause continuity headaches down the road. (Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:32 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Anton, regarding your spoiler (i know you didnt write the story), but what writer would have thought that that was a good idea to begin with??

One that hasn't really paid attention to Star Trek.  :P I can see how it could happened, that scene was in the outline, but wasn't specific enough to include how he won, and the writer, having never seen TWOK, filling in the blanks himself. My question is, how can that scene make it into the shooting script with no one catching it? ???

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Apparently the production is filled with a bunch of yes-men who think everything is a good idea and have no idea of the history of Star Trek.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Apparently the production is filled with a bunch of yes-men who think everything is a good idea and have no idea of the history of Star Trek.
That sounds familiar