Author Topic: Wal-Mart Green Leader A-Wing Starfighter  (Read 35812 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Green Leader A-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 09:37 AM »
They didn't have any at our local WM, and I haven't seen any reports (so far) of anyone else finding them.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 10:29 AM »
No A-wings here, but i did pick up a B-wing at my TRU.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2008, 04:24 AM »
Got a new boxed photo of this item...

Clicky to check it out!

The Arvel figure is the highlight, however I'm curious to see the ship upgrades in person and just how unique the paintjob is compared to the POTF2 ship.  The POTF2 is remarkably similar/styled to a film prop, however several A-Wing props had unique and noticeably different paintjobs.  I like the variety we're getting then with a different A-Wing that will fit with the original nicely.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 08:18 AM »
Looks really good. I hate that i am buying it just for the figure though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: October 7, 2008, 12:16 AM »
As per our front page again...

Check out boxed front and back photos of the Wal-Mart A-Wing.  I'm diggin' the new cockpit already if it's as nice as the B-Wings was.

Head on out to our front page to check it out if you wish...  I've heard a couple reports (no pics yet though) of these being found out West.

I really wish I could nab two of these actually.  I like the slightly cleaner deco to them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: October 8, 2008, 09:22 AM »
FYI - I just picked up 3 of these this morning, they were located on the top shelf above the figures (Along with the Gunship).
$29.99 is the price, I was a bit taken back as I thought this was going to be $20-25, the real shocker is the Gunship ringing up at $49.99! I did not get to open it yet but it looks really good, the new cockpit & pilot look pretty spiffy. Shame the price is not.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2008, 12:36 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 8, 2008, 11:58 AM »
FYI - I just picked up 3 of these this morning, they were located on the top shelf above the figures (Along with the Gunship).
$29.99 is the price, I was a bit taken back as I thought this was going to be $20-25, the real shocker is the Gunship ringing up at $59.99! I did not get to open it yet but it looks really good, the new cockpit & pilot look pretty spiffy. Shame the price is not.

Jeez you sure you weren't at Target  ;) those prices are outrageous.  I wonder if it has to do with being so close to Christmas, but with the way the economy is rolling good luck Wal-mart and good luck Hasbro.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 8, 2008, 12:09 PM »
Yeah, if those prices hold out, that's a little disappointing.  I had planned on picking up an A-Wing, but really didn't think it would be $30.  Heck, a ship like this could really be put out into the basic $20-ish pricepoint "starfighter assortment" alongside all the Jedi Starfighters.  For some reason it seems like its really tough to get Hasbro to put the OT vehicles out in that line (besides Vader's TIE and the small wing TIE).

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: October 8, 2008, 12:16 PM »
This one also comes with a figure and a fancy window box.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 8, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Other than the new helmet and head, this figure really didn't need to be included if it jumped the price up to $30.  I figure most people who want this ship probably bought the A-Wing pilot already (I got 4 or so myself).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2008, 01:10 AM »
Got a new cockpit too, ala the B-Wing.  I'm not saying I disagree on the cost, though I don't think $30 is horrible for a $20 ship & figure...  It's not great, but it's not the worst deal otu there this year.  I'd leave that to the Lars Homestead battlepack or really any myriad of other screwjobs from Hasbro in 2008.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Though I'm not happy with the cost, it's not too over priced like the Gunship. Setting aside the fact that 90% of the product is a re-release, we're getting a $20 ship with a $7 figure with a slight modification to the ship. With inflation, the price isn't outrageous. The gunship, on the other hand, is a blatant rip off.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I'd still like to see images of the new cockpit.  If it's as good as the new B-Wing cockpit or that of the V-19, I'll be impressed.

But $29.99, huh?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Though I'm not happy with the cost, it's not too over priced like the Gunship. Setting aside the fact that 90% of the product is a re-release, we're getting a $20 ship with a $7 figure with a slight modification to the ship. With inflation, the price isn't outrageous. The gunship, on the other hand, is a blatant rip off.

I have to agree with you completely here. I wasn't sure about getting the A-wing before. Knowing that WM exclusives in my area dry up fast, I thought about picking it up when I saw it (still haven't seen it yet). But I may just pass. It's not THAT different enough to buy it, and I'm not concerned for the pilot. He may come out in a Legends line down the line sometime. If not, I won't lose sleep of it.

The gunship price is ridiculous though. I want the ship, but will not pay that price, much in the same way that I want to Lars Homestead but won't pay that much for what appears to be not much more than a vacuum form mold and three old figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2008, 12:45 PM »
No luck at a few Walmarts i hit up today (did find the ML Ares wave). Anyone picking up more than one and willing to sell/trade me just the pilot?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"