Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Clone Wars General Kenobi  (Read 15087 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Clone Wars General Kenobi
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 01:34 PM »
Got mine ordered just fine too. The $90 price tag really stinks, but at least I had some reward points to use on it. If the armored figures are going to all be this pricey, I don't think I'll be too worried about picking very many others.

Got mine.  Was surprised to see how easy it was this time - just check the box, log in, and you're done!

Was even more surprised by the $90 price tag.   >:( I reallllllly want his figure, so I splurged, but I'm exiting the line if this is the new ongoing cost. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 01:44 PM »
Wow, never thought we'd see the day where a 12" figure would run $100 shipped.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 01:53 PM »
I've been stuck in meetings all day and totally forgot about it.  Best I could do was get on the waitlist.  Not sure if I'm crazy about the $90 price tag anyway.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Wow, it's being waitlisted after only an hour of being available?  That's pretty quick, but they said it was limited to 1,500 pieces.  Did they give you an option for the nonexclusive figure?  At $90+ I don't know if I would want the nonexclusive, and I'm also glad I only go for select figures.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 02:10 PM »
I didnt realize that the little Holographic Clone Was supposed to be Commander Rex. I think thats actually pretty cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 04:48 PM »
I was wondering if it would cost as much as Gandalf and Indiana Jones....I guess this is the new price point for 12" figures  :-\.  Not that it mattered....I ordered one. :-[

Also, I had no idea that the little guy was Commander Rex - that IS cool!!
Beth

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 05:06 PM »
Wow, it's being waitlisted after only an hour of being available?  That's pretty quick, but they said it was limited to 1,500 pieces.  Did they give you an option for the nonexclusive figure?  At $90+ I don't know if I would want the nonexclusive, and I'm also glad I only go for select figures.

Yup, unless I did something wrong, the only way I could get the exclusive was to wait list.  They did have a pre-order for the regular version available it seems.  However, for $90, I want the exclusive version (as you supsected).  If not, someday I'll pick one up on eBay.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 10:23 AM »
This is thing is a work of art, but the $90 price tag really puts the brakes on me.    :(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 10:24 AM by Spuffy »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 11:48 AM »

Yup, unless I did something wrong, the only way I could get the exclusive was to wait list.  They did have a pre-order for the regular version available it seems.  However, for $90, I want the exclusive version (as you supsected).  If not, someday I'll pick one up on eBay.

I've gotten every SW 12" that I ever put on wait list (3 of them over the last few years), so you should be in good shape.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 12:34 PM »
So what is their excuse reason for the substantial price increase?

If this is the new regular price for each 12" figure, I think I may have to drop out of this line, I just can't justify spending $90 on something that should be in the $40 - $50 range. I was willing to accept the jump from the Hasbro $20 price to the Sideshow $50 price based on the better detail, better bodies, better scupting, etc... but a 450% increase in price from what we used to pay in 2005 to now is a bit much.

You almost want to tell them to get off their high-horse, increase the production runs and bring the overall cost of the figures down.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 11:26 PM »
I ordered this Obi-Wan.  Definitely one of the coolest Sideshow offerings to date.  I hope they don't do a lot more like this one though, because jacking the price on armored Jedi will kill my 12" focus on only Jedi and Sith.

I think the price increase has everything to do with the armor.  It's not so much of a standard body that Sideshow can just give different softgoods to along with a new headsculpt.  This required substantial new sculpting.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 09:24 AM »
I ordered this Obi-Wan.  Definitely one of the coolest Sideshow offerings to date.  I hope they don't do a lot more like this one though, because jacking the price on armored Jedi will kill my 12" focus on only Jedi and Sith.

I think the price increase has everything to do with the armor.  It's not so much of a standard body that Sideshow can just give different softgoods to along with a new headsculpt.  This required substantial new sculpting.

I would believe that but i also preordered the Indy and Gandalf and they had the same price tag. This just seems to be the new price tag for their 12 inch dolls.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 01:18 PM »
So what is their excuse reason for the substantial price increase?

Econ 101 would say this is just supply and demand.  They sell out of their 12" exclusives within an hour of them being available, so why not increase the price.  It sucks as a collector and I certainly was not happy about the price...but I still bought one.  If it was my company and my profit at stake, I'd certainly jack up the price.  It could come back to bite them in the arse, but looks like the huge increase didn't chase people away this time around.   :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 04:02 PM »
I would believe that but i also preordered the Indy and Gandalf and they had the same price tag. This just seems to be the new price tag for their 12 inch dolls.

I thought we agreed that these are ACTION FIGURES!   :D

I think that with the new pricepoint that the exclusives will sell, and sell out quick.  But you may see a sharp decrease in the nonexclusive sales.  I did not get the exclusive version of EP III Obi-Wan but didn't mind it so much because all I missed out on was the Grievous blaster which I had no intention of displaying with the figure anyway.

If I had to pay $90 for the same figure, I'd think twice about it.  I also think a lot of people who may have pre-ordered this piece, will cancel because of the price.  The only reason I'm getting it is because it's an Obi-Wan figure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Well at $50 or more I would have bought this for sure.  But at $90 forget it.  Although I did pre-order Luke Farmboy and Indy for this price.  So, they might as well jack it up I guess.  But in the end I won't spend that money for something like this Kenobi, Aayla Secura, Hammerhead, if they ever made those.  In other words just the main characters for me.