Author Topic: Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Obi-Wan

• Youngling
  • The Force Is My Ally
    • View Profile
    • Jediforce!
Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
« on: April 11, 2003, 10:08 AM »
Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase.

Good parts:
12 points of articulation neck, shoulders, upper arm cut joints, waist, hips, knees, and cut joints at the tops of the boots.
Very nice base
And no bad pose :D

Bad parts:
The only thing wong with this figure is the bad face sculpt witch is not that big of a deal :)  

Accessories:
Very nice bace that attaches to that of the Deluxe C-3PO.  
Removable cloak  
and a blaster

Over All: 9/10
Obi-Wan
Staff Member: Jediforce

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 01:10 PM »
I'm still waiting to get mine from Kebco Toys.  I can't wait to get her!  :)
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 06:17 PM »
I'm still waiting to get mine from Kebco Toys.  I can't wait to get her!

Still haven't gotten her yet.   :'(
dustrho

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Padme Factory Chase Review
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 08:39 PM »
Wow... The employee who buys all the figures he's supposed to be stocking decided to leave a figure for the customers... Nice dude! Too bad the figure he left was this thing.

Appearance -
From the neck down, Padme looks alright in the box. The cape doesn't look too bad, I guess. Then we reach the face. Hehe. Padme and her stupid ugly stunt-women. I don't like the Mace Windu-like expression, it's horrid.
7/10

Articluation -
I was thrilled when I first saw what appeared to be knee articulation. We've got knee and shin articulation, but no wrist articulation, right. Decent.
8/10

Pose-ability -
Here's where everything goes wrong. The damned cape is so huge and heavy that your Padme will never stand without a stand or something holding her up. I had to bend her to a friggin 90* angle just to get the figure to balance out. Ridiculous. Without the cape, which is probably not that easy to remove, I'm sure she could probably fit inside a vehicle. Plus points for that, but I'm upset that my Padme won't stand up.
6/10

Accessory -
Stand is okay, but bad paint job. The blaster sucks, it's flimsy - typical cheap-ass Hasbro at work.
3/10

Overall -
Wow, I gave Ephant such a great review I was disapointed I didnt have a **** figure to review with it, then I found this, glory! I don't guess the figure is too bad, I know it's too bad. The cape prevents her from standing, the plastic in her legs is too flimsy to hold her cape anyway, the gun is made of cheap plastic, her head sculpt makes me laugh, this figure makes me frown. Final score -
5/10

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Padme Factory Chase Review
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 11:21 PM »
I actually like this figure.  Granted mine is still carded, but I think it's a nice figure.  I could change my mind if I ever decide to take it out of the packaging.
dustrho

obi_robz

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 08:15 AM »
I like the look of my carded one, and thanks to forum member ponda barfly, I also have a loose one (cheers, Neil!). All that AE says about her face and the quality of the plastic is true, but I still really like this figure. I’m only ever going to display her in her (very scene specific) pose, and she actually stands up ok for me, so I’m fine with her pose. Most of the Saga figures are pre-posed or scene specific, so Padme’s not really any worse than the rest of the range in this department IMHO.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 09:47 AM »
What's wrong with Padme's face?  I don't think anything is really wrong with her face.  It's a hell-of-a-lot better than Monkey Face Leia, isn't it?  :P
dustrho

obi_robz

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 12:46 PM »
Well every figure’s face is better than Monkey Leia’s ;D

With this Padme, it’s the screaming expression that gets me. It might be OK if you’re keeping her in a pose from that scene, but what if you want to display her in different way?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Re: Padme Factory Chase Review
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 07:39 PM »
It might be OK if you’re keeping her in a pose from that scene, but what if you want to display her in different way?

That's the problem with the "action" poses.  I hate them!
dustrho

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 11:37 AM »
It was ok. Her face was ulgy as heck, it didn't even look like Natalie. I have my figures loose and on my stand it lean to the side. The origional Saga Padme was ALOT better anyways it gets a C+.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord