Author Topic: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks  (Read 38889 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Although I haven't done it myself, I thought I remembered reading here that putting the TIE gear from the comic pack Baron Fel figure on the TSC Death Star Gunner made a pretty spiffy, SA TIE Pilot (if I'm remembering correctly).  That wouldn't be a bad figure to see out there again too (since we seem to only get them with TIE exclusives right now), although I guess it isn't technically a repaint either.

Yep I posted it here.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:40 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 12:42 PM »
41st Elite Legion Clone Trooper (Gray and white armor)

ROTS SA Clone - Give it the gray markings from the ones we see on Coruscant that are preparing to depart for Coruscant. 

Haven't we essentially been saturated with this figure through both EVO releases (2005 & 2008) and the SL Clone Commander?

Even though this is my favorite Clone deco, I wouldn't want this re-re-released just to fill a potential repaint wave slot.

As for my picks I'll have to give it some thought.  :P

This is one clone I wish we would get carded or in a Battle Pack (SA version only). Hasbro could have done this with the grey commander had they not added the battle damage and just included the grunt belt as an extra accessory. I suggested that in a Q&A on another forum. They thought it was a great idea, but it was too far along in the process to change it. Too bad too, as I only bought about a dozen of the commander (to be customed to grunts-whereas I would have bought 40 of them had they had the optional grunt belt and no or less battle damage).

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Although I haven't done it myself, I thought I remembered reading here that putting the TIE gear from the comic pack Baron Fel figure on the TSC Death Star Gunner made a pretty spiffy, SA TIE Pilot (if I'm remembering correctly).  That wouldn't be a bad figure to see out there again too (since we seem to only get them with TIE exclusives right now), although I guess it isn't technically a repaint either.

Yep I posted it here.

That's the one, thanks Jayson :).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 01:18 PM »
My thoughts are that the gray Coruscant scheme is a great color scheme, but they haven't done it on the right mold yet... I hate the "Attack on Coruscant" set (or whatever it's called) because they used the deluxe clone sculpt, and the Evolutions clone is too dirty/has the balloon helmet, which I can't stand.

If they did that scheme on the SA sculpt, I'd get about 8-10 of them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 02:37 PM »
That's one clone I'd probably still buy some of as well, the SA mold with the gray markings.  Really, aside from the orange Utapau troops, that's the clone that has the most "troops" seen in ROTS.  It seemed to be visible more than any "all white" ones that we've seen so much.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 03:07 PM »
That's one clone I'd probably still buy some of as well, the SA mold with the gray markings.  Really, aside from the orange Utapau troops, that's the clone that has the most "troops" seen in ROTS.  It seemed to be visible more than any "all white" ones that we've seen so much.

Exactly. They were seen in the Republic cruisers at the beginning during the battle, then on the shipyard docks preparing to lift off, greeting Yoda, and talking with Wookiees. It's one clone I'd buy many of, evn though I've sworn off large army building now. Though i don't think I'd get the 40 or so I had originally wanted. But, 10 or 12 might do.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 03:38 PM »
I actually kinda dig some of the repaint waves.  There are some figures fans keep asking Hasbro to do, so this lets Hasbro check off a bunch of figures at once.  Sometimes we get something kinda cool (red Naboo trooper, R5-J2, various Clones) and sometimes Hasbro gives us what we ask for with mixed results (R2-B1, 2006 Kashyyyk Trooper-- which for the record I totally dig.)

And for the "I wish" portion...
-  Boba Fett redeco.   Either a full-on, slime-free Marvel version of a "proto" version with the yellow gauntlet, brown gloves, and other pre-release wackiness.
- Han Solo in Carbonite.  I liked the 2006 Carbonite, but I want it in non-melty colors.  I don't want another Han though, so let's have fun and package it with a red repaint of Bar2-D2.  It's hard to see but there's a red serving droid working for Jabba the Hutt in ROTJ.  I don't know its name and I have no reference handy.  If no droid, maybe a Gamorrean repaint would be nice since he's been out of circulation since 2004.
- Red Stormtroopers.  Lumiya had a bunch of Stormtroopers in red armor which were, I believe, Royal Guards.  As such, I also want a set of these.  And a Lumiya to go with it, but I'll take the troops for now.
- Geezum.  SOme pictures look like you MIGHT be able to fudge one by sticking a Snaggletooth head on a Tusken body, perhaps with swapped arms.  Hey, I'm dreaming big here.
- Yoxgit.  Ugnaught head on Snaggletooth body.  Let's get this one over with.  Heck, pack it with the Carbonite too.
- Fan's choice.  Let fans vote on the repaint.  Why not?   It'd be fun.

I'll be happy as long as they don't try and pull out Trax Bonkik.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Here's some I'd like to see, mostly army builders. I don't know how many more main characters we could get repainted, honestly.

- 30AC Jawa (maybe with some weathering and a new droid)
- White V30AC IG-88 (good idea, whoever first suggested it; maybe pack in an Ugnaught?)
- V30AC Snowtrooper (I was only able to get one Vinty one and I want more!)
- TSC Sun Fac (give it different colors and we've got a new Geonosian Warrior)
- 30AC Super Battle Droid (give it more weathering or something)
- 30AC Rebel Honor Guard (maybe painted tan?)
- ROTS R4-G9 (repainted as a clean R2-D2... NO RUBBERY LEGS LIKE ALL THE OTHER REPAINTS HAVE)
- 30AC Graak and Romba (repaints for more Ewok varieties)

And a kitbash for the wave... I suggest Luke on Dagobah from when he pouts after being unable to lift the X-Wing. Take the Vintage Bespin Luke legs and arms and the OTC Dagobah Luke Torso and throw in some sort of plastic vest (maybe the one from the TAC Torture Rack Han?) Yeah, some people would think it's lame but I'd like to see it.

Another kitbash I'd like to see is a Shadows of the Empire Luke... get a good ROTJ Luke head, put it on a VOTC Han body (and use the 30AC Bespin Han legs, Luke didn't have the holster) and voila, a new Luke.

Of course, what I'd really like to see is a wave with all of the McQuarrie figures repacked in it. Why can't we just have that Hasbro?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 05:42 PM »
my repaint/repack wave

Death Star Squad Commander (30AC DS Trooper with new head)
Ewoks (Repaint of Romba and Graak)
Scanning Crew Trooper (Kitbash of Officer and DS Gunner)
Human Y-Wing Pilot (30AC A-Wing Pilot in Y-Wing colors & new head)
Death Star Droid (painted Silver)
Snowtrooper (VTSC Repack) I also want more

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 07:11 PM »
I'd like to see this one get an "alive" paint scheme -

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 08:14 PM »
Here's what I'd like to see in a repaint wave:

TAC Jawa w/POTF2 Gonk Droid (vintage style repaint)
TAC Death Star Trooper (grey vintage style repaint)
OTC Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi ('alive' repaint)
VTAC IG-88 (white repaint) w/POTF2 Ugnaught
TSC Wulf Yularen (accurate pants repaint)
TAC Clone Trooper in Training Gear (blue repaint)
TAC Romba and Graak (new Ewoks repaints)
Evolutions Ten Nunb (red repaint w/new head)
POTF2 Death Star Droid (silver repaint) w/Mouse Droid
Evolutions Clone Pilot (CW cartoon ARC repaint)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28 PM »
What I'd really like to see out of this are the following:

1.  2008 30AC Death Star Trooper in Gray (ala the vintage Death Squad Commander)
2.  2005 ROTS SA Clone Trooper (in 41st Elite Gray Markings with NO battle damage)
3.  2008 30AC CZ-4 (repainted white to be CZ-3)
4.  2008 30AC Romba and Graak (redecos with new names)
5.  2008 Evolutions Ten Nunb (with red flight suit)
6.  2006 Vintage TSC Biker Scout (with Rebel soldier head underneath flip-up visor)

I'd like to see them stay away from individually carded astromech and protocol droid repaints, as that seems to be what is making up the BAF/Droid Factory lineup, but that's probably just me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Some good ideas...  I too would like the Death Squad Commander repaint, but part of me wishes they'd do some new leg sculpting to the figure too...  The 30AC figure was real poseable, and that's great, but the leg sculpting was sub-par...  I'd still like the figure though and probably shouldn't hope for an "improvement" to the existing figure, so a redeco is all there is to hope for.

I'd also say I'd dig the Imp. Death Star Trooper/Technician from Return of the Jedi.  They were simply in the black jumpsuits instead of the tunic and trousers.  Take my idea for the Imp. Officer re-release with the POTJ TIE Pilot legs for poseability, and slap the POTF2 Death Star Trooper head on it (another perfect fit), and that'd work for me personally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I don't mind the repaint waves, really, so long as the choices are smart.  So, I would like to see:

Death Sqaud Commander (DST gray): the earth will explode if they don't do this, seeing how nearly everyone on every board wants it.
Any OT/PT R5 droid.
Ewoks (repaint Romba and Graak, or even the new guy)
Y-Wing Pilot (repaint A-Wing Pilot)
Death Star Droid (repaint RA-7)
R2-D2 (Sneak Preview R4 repaint)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 11:15 PM »
-R5-A7 - Naboo Royal Starship
-Red Leader's R5 unit
-Ewoks