Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 46871 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Yes, while I don't need any more Vaders - Vader is probably the one character in the Star Wars line that should always be available.  I'm not saying pack him in each case, but a 2-3 case assortments per year seems about right.

Hasbro tried this in 2006 and failed miserably. Remember when they repacked the 500th Vader 3 times in the year? Each newer Vader sold even worse than the previous one, mainly because it was the exact same figure with a new accessory. Just shipping the original Vader would have been good, but no, that's not the way Hasbro operates. I don't see Hasbro trying that for a while, or until they learn how to do it right.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I think the idea of having Vader's out is a sound one...  The problem is too many shipping simultaneously.  That's bad at times.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Agreed, JJ- there should always be one Vader shipping every or every other case, but only one type, short-packed, of the very best sculpt only.  I'm not sure which is considered the best these days, but I'd vote for VOTC or Evo style.  But just that one!  We shouldn't get another Vader in the regular line that year too.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 06:51 PM »
Couple weeks ago I went to the local Target Greatland, and counted exactly 41 various Vaders collecting dust on the pegs along with 1 Rieken and 2 Poggles.  Needless to say I haven't been back.  It was like somebody had taken them all to the stockroom for a while then dumped them back out, for a while there it was the only good Target that I could find new stuff then there was a bit of a dry spell then the crap load of Vader's.  I'd be happy if I never saw another Vader again.  Sorry for the rant.  :-\
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I don't think Vaders have been too annoying in the last several months, at least in my area. There are usually only a couple, if any, whenever I'm checking the pegs.

If Hasbro does plan on keeping a Vader in every case until 2018, I would want to see an updated Evolutions Vader with the new hip and wrist articulation. If they were to make that one 'ultimate' Vader and keep re-releasing it again and again with an interesting new accessory every time (ROTS-esque 'environment' display base, crate, railing, mouse droid, doesn't have to be too much) then I'd be fine with that.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 07:07 PM »
No matter what, we're going to continue to see Vader in the line.  He's the main character in the entire SAGA.  And while there are times and areas where there are build-ups of him, he continues to sell... Vader is Star Wars.

Robo-Quack, I love the idea of adding the new hip articulation to him... would be great to see his waist get the ball joint too.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 2, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Yep, even my 3 year old loves Vader.  Whenever I have him with me to check the aisles he asks me "Where is Darf Vadaar?"  I am sure he is not the only kid.  If a kid is into Star Wars chances are they want a Darth Vader.  Hasbro wants any version of Darth on the pegs so the parent will buy one for him/her.  The only version I see on the pegs now are that hologram and some Legends version.  They don't seem to hang around for long. 

It does get nauseating as collectors to see Vaders all the time and all the versions but I understand why. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Scum has posted pictures in their forum of several packaged legends figures. Shown:

Obi-Wan (Rots)
Darth Vader (Rots)
Mace Windu (Rots)
General Grevious
Clone (Aotc)
Super Battle Droid
Destoyer Droid (non shield)
Plo-Koon
Yoda w/Kybuck
C-3PO - Ewok Deity

Also interesting to note - there's a "clone locker" in each package.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:00 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 10:33 AM »
I guess these are prequel legneds as the only OT character is 3PO. Not that I'm clamoring for more repacks  ::)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:59 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 11:55 AM »
I wonder what is in the clone lockers? I could use another Kybuck. so at least i will get one locker.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 12:32 PM »
How about some link love for the site that originally posted the images?  POTF2.COM Forums.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 12:56 PM »
How about some link love for the site that originally posted the images?  POTF2.COM Forums.

Well technically he found them on RS and when you go to RS, they reference POTF2.com, so I think we're all legally covered.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 01:07 PM »
What, no C-3PO with battledroid head?  What is Hasbro thinking?  But seriously, I think its cool that they are keeping Gree and Kashyyyk trooper in rotation for a little while, check back in August though.  The otheR Site suggested that they clone locker had an extra rifle in it, or perhaps a piece for the build a droid.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Is that there way of satisfying the fans who wanted accessory packs?
I like the concept of keeping core characters in circulation, but no matter how much I like Plo Koon, he's not a core character.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 01:12 PM »
What, no C-3PO with battledroid head?  What is Hasbro thinking?  But seriously, I think its cool that they are keeping Gree and Kashyyyk trooper in rotation for a little while, check back in August though.  The otheR Site suggested that they clone locker had an extra rifle in it, or perhaps a piece for the build a droid.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Is that there way of satisfying the fans who wanted accessory packs?
I like the concept of keeping core characters in circulation, but no matter how much I like Plo Koon, he's not a core character.

Actually they speculate the rifle being included with the locker. The droid parts would come with Gree and the Kasshyyk clone as they aren't a part of the Legends line.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I wonder what is in the clone lockers?

Hasbro said in the Q&As that the Legacy Saga Legends "clone locker" contains 5 clone weapons... though we don't exactly know which 5 weapons.

From Hasbro:
Each cardboard weapons locker (similar to the little box that houses the relic in the Indiana Jones line) will have 5 clone weapons - the same weapons in every single Saga Legends figure.

The otheR Site suggested that they clone locker had an extra rifle in it, or perhaps a piece for the build a droid. 

Like Jayson said, the regular Legacy Collection repacks will have various build a droid pieces, while the "Saga Legends" repacks (they have the blue Saga Legends logo on the bubble insert) will have the extra weapons clone lockers.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender