Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122012 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:41 AM »
RS has another rumor list up of a wave of 8 figures focusing on the "Vector" crossover story in the comic books.  They have a list of 8 figures (with a BAF), as well as a couple of vehicles.  Here's what's listed, more details at the linky:

Action Figures
Zayne Carrick (KOTOR)
Celeste Morne (KOTOR)
Darth Vader (Dark Times)
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion)
Cade Skywalker (Legacy)
Darth Krayt (Legacy)
Male Muur talisman holder
Rakghoul (KOTOR)
Build-A-Figure: HK-47 (KOTOR)

Vehicles
B-Wing Starfighter with Pilot (Rebellion)
TIE Predator with Pilot (Legacy)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:48 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded Universe Wave?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Where's all the OT goodness they promised?  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I don't know who half those characters even are.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 09:53 AM »
Where's all the OT goodness they promised?  :(

That's sort of what I'm wondering as well.  I mean, all this Falcon news has pretty much made my year already from a collecting standpoint, but it would be nice to get some more OT figure love as well.  I'm open to EU figures and all that, I know some people really dig 'em, but for me - I'd rather have more movie-based waves and figures.  It might just be the fact that this year seems so OT light with 2 ROTS waves, a big Clone Wars push, lots of EU stuff, the Force Unleashed, etc.  We have a ROTJ wave, and hopefully an ANH wave by the end of the year, but that might be it in the basic line.  I'm glad we have some stuff in the Evolutions line (and a bit in comic packs), but otherwise things might be light.  I guess it all depends if those UBP ideas pan out as well, as those rumors indicated OT-based packs (which would be great).

I'm not really familiar with the majority of these names either.  I know sort of who they are, but I don't know much about the characters aside from obvious ones (Luke/Vader), and a little bit of Legacy (which I read for a time).  It seems like these would be perfectly suited for the comic packs, and leave the basic wave for something like more movie figures.  But, like I said, I know EU has its fans, so some people might be really psyched for something like this.  I'm curious where this line fits in though, since we pretty much know the lineup of waves for the Legacy collection (ROTJ, CW, repaint, ROTS, ANH) - at least according to the Hasbro Q and A.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Cade Skywalker (Legacy) and Darth Krayt (Legacy), as well as HK-47 sound good, but i am not sure who the rest are. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Well here's my thoughts on this RUMOR list.

Action Figures
Zayne Carrick (KOTOR)-Meh, I'll prolly buy him for background filler. Not interested in the actual character.
Celeste Morne (KOTOR)-Okay I DO like the look of this character. I'll buy it.
Darth Vader (Dark Times)-gawd, another Vader? This I will prolly pass on.
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion)-It really is going to depend on sculpt and outfit. I'm on the fence with this one.
Cade Skywalker (Legacy)-on the fence here too.
Darth Krayt (Legacy)-Absolutely. I really dig the look of this character. I'll be getting him for sure.
Male Muur talisman holder-hmm, on the fence but leaning towards yes. At the least he'd make good background filler.
Rakghoul (KOTOR)-maybe, but leaning towards no.
Build-A-Figure: HK-47 (KOTOR)-Oh HELL'S yeah. Now the problem becomes if he is indeed a BAF droid. Then I'll be forced to buy the whole wave. Honestly Hasbro just needs to have six figures to make a BAF HK-47. So, they can easily toss out Vader and Luke or even the obscure Talisman and Rakghoul figures from this wave.

Vehicles
B-Wing Starfighter with Pilot (Rebellion)-Definite purchase. Hopefully now we get the human pilot here.
TIE Predator with Pilot (Legacy)-sure, this is a cool enough vehicle. Though they remind me of flies for some reason. I'll get one for the novelty of it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:30 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 11:32 AM »
It's official.  Hasbro has run out of material.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 11:40 AM »

That cannot be a good sign.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 01:17 PM »
I love it hopefully we get more comic figures come on Big H test the waters.  then dive right on in.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Not too excited about these considering I don't know who many of them are.  But, if they're nice sculpts, count me in.  Variety is the spice of life when it comes to Star Wars.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 03:20 PM »

That cannot be a good sign.

:D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 07:28 PM »
Wow, that list is...umm...obscure?  Are they going to put Ken Palpatine in the next wave?  And in all seriousness, if they're going to make characters that nobody (not even Rune) knows, what is really stopping them (LFL aside) from doing a Bea Arthur figure from the Holiday Special?

Oh well, this will enable me to spend the money elsewhere, like on the BMF Falcon.   ;D

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 08:39 PM »
It's official.  Hasbro has run out of material.

No, they're just making crappy choices. There's still plenty of material out there; just look at the diversity in the voting in JD's wishlists.

I'm all for obscurity as long as 1) someone is getting a character they want to see made 2) it's a decent figure...but this is just stupid. When Rune doesn't even know who half the characters in a wave are, you know there's something wrong with the choices Hasbro made. :)

That being said, this is just a rumor, so I'm not gonna go on a rant until we get more details.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 09:51 PM »
Seems like a decent list of choices to me.  I didn't much care for the Rakghouls, I was kinda disappointed that Gryph didn't make the cut.  (Or if he did elsewhere, I'm in the dark.)   I'd be sad to see Legacy come and go without Darth Krayt, so woo.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 10:09 PM »
I don't know who most of these charcaters are, so this wave is a big question mark to me. I think the best way to handle EU stuff is the comic packs.  At least when I get one, and I don't know the characters, I can read about them.  It's a good way to indroduce fringe elements into the mainstream collection.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:15 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com