Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35197 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2008, 02:50 PM »
It was more like he was fired by the BBC. There will be four specials in 2009 with the last one staring the Master. That last episode will have a character simpled named the doctor who seems to know alot about the Tartis. It seems Tennant's Doctor turns into that character as a twist at the end.

Rhys Ifans is the favorite actor so far to play the Doctor in the fifth 2010 season. He played Spike in the movie Notting Hill. He is suppost to be related to the actor that played the third Doctor I believe.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0406975/

Of course, James Nesbitt (from Jekyll) is still in the running for the role.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:59 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 3, 2008, 07:30 AM »
It was more like he was fired by the BBC. There will be four specials in 2009 with the last one staring the Master. That last episode will have a character simpled named the doctor who seems to know alot about the Tartis. It seems Tennant's Doctor turns into that character as a twist at the end.

Rhys Ifans is the favorite actor so far to play the Doctor in the fifth 2010 season. He played Spike in the movie Notting Hill. He is suppost to be related to the actor that played the third Doctor I believe.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0406975/

Of course, James Nesbitt (from Jekyll) is still in the running for the role.

So, are you saying that Tennant will not regenerate into the next Doctor, but turns out to be some alternate character with a TARDIS?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 3, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. If Moffit wrote it, it'll probably be one of those 4th into 5th doctor dealies where the next doctor is part of the previous doctor's regeneration.

I've also done some digging and I think the fired thing is a rumor. Apparently, Tennant has loyalties to Davies and decided to quit when Davies announced he as leaving. Tennant just kept the decision quiet until a few weeks ago.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 3, 2008, 11:00 AM »
There is suppost to be a character name (lower case) the doctor in the last special. The (upper case) Doctor regenerates into the actor that is playing the (lower case) doctor. So basically the Doctor is present for his own regeneration. At least that is the rumor.  ;)

Online EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 4, 2008, 07:28 AM »
There is suppost to be a character name (lower case) the doctor in the last special. The (upper case) Doctor regenerates into the actor that is playing the (lower case) doctor. So basically the Doctor is present for his own regeneration. At least that is the rumor.  ;)

The only thing that I can think that is similar is Romana's regeneration during the Tom Baker years.  An entire season was devoted to the Doctor finding the segments of the Key to Time and the last segment had been disguised as a woman.  Later on, Romana regenerated, but it seemed she got to choose her new form.  After coming out of a room as several different people for the Doctor's opinion, she settled on the person who played the woman who was the last segment of the Key of Time.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 6, 2008, 09:22 AM »
I think there's a vast difference to the approach. In Romonavaratnaluna's case, it was a conscious effort to choose a previously known form. I would guess that in the upcoming regeneration it's the 11th doctor guiding the 10th doctor.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 7, 2008, 07:02 AM »
I think there's a vast difference to the approach. In Romonavaratnaluna's case, it was a conscious effort to choose a previously known form. I would guess that in the upcoming regeneration it's the 11th doctor guiding the 10th doctor.

Maybe something related to the woman from the Library episode?  Maybe something slightly similar to when Tom Baker finally left with the Guardian.

I would love to see a special or two on the Time War.  It would nice to seem them use Paul McGann (I think that is his name) and have him regenerate to Eccelston at the end to tie the old series to the new one.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 7, 2008, 09:21 AM »

Maybe something related to the woman from the Library episode?  Maybe something slightly similar to when Tom Baker finally left with the Guardian.

Either one works for me.

I would love to see a special or two on the Time War.  It would nice to seem them use Paul McGann (I think that is his name) and have him regenerate to Eccelston at the end to tie the old series to the new one.

I would love that too. There's no reason they can't go there, however, you have to be careful. The time war has such a mythology now that it'll be hard to do it justice. It might be like trying to do the prequel trilogy.  :-X

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 7, 2008, 03:27 PM »
That time war storyline work sooo well for Star Trek Enterprise.   :-\

Online EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2008, 07:37 AM »
That time war storyline work sooo well for Star Trek Enterprise.   :-\

Considering that Doctor Who is a British show and longest Sci-Fi series of all time, I don't think it will matter.  Also, I think it could be done with a few specials and doesn't need to be a whole season.  With Trek, Paramount dropped the ball.  Friday night shows do not work on TV.  The time war storyline was when Enterprise was actually getting interesting.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I am The Doctor, The One, The Only, The Best, Now Rosita, give me my sonic screwdriver and get back to the Tardis.

Alonsi!

Children In Need Special - The Next Doctor

David Morse
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:30 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Wow! What a tease. I'll bet there's some kind of less obvious twist though.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05 PM »
I guess this is the 2008 Doctor meeting the 2010 Doctor in 1851. Where the heck is Doc Brown when you need him?

I think the new Doctor seems a little pompus though. I guess Anita form the Silence in the Library will be in season 5.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2008, 09:17 AM »
This guy might not be the Doctor though. He could be an impostor, you know, to impress the chicks.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2008, 10:56 AM »
The new Christmas special is findable as a bit-torrent. I plan on watching it this evening.