Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35196 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Here are links to Sarah Jane Season 1. It was designed as a kids show to accompany the Torchwood seasons for the adults. So some points are a little childish.

Sarah Jane adventures K9 makes appearances too.

Heres A link to Torchwood episodes. Season 1 and 2. So if you havn't seen them all. Catch up.

Torchwood

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 03:22 PM »
A bit irritated with the end of torchwood season 2.  >:( killing off the @$$hole of the show. Thats no fun... @$$holes make the world more interesting!
Just started watching SJA episodes last night, figured I needed to catch up to know who some of the supporting cast were from that show that will be in Doctor Who. (other than Sarah Jane, I know who she is...)

Sweet! Just watched that trailer Darth_Anton!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Online EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 07:26 AM »
SJA is a lot better than I thought it would be.  I was worried when I heard the premise with a bunch of teenagers, but I think they pulled it off pretty well.  It has nice tie-ins with the modern Dr. Who and even some classic stuff.  I hope they use K-9 more in the next season.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2008, 04:38 PM »
I've been looking for the classic series on a torrent, I have found some but never reliable or small enough.

Now when you look at this torrent it may seem big 155.6 gigs.
BUT Its every episode for THE FIRST 5 DOCTORS.

Thought you might like it.

the first 5 doctors

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2008, 05:39 PM »
Are these the shows that are partial slideshows because the BBC wrote over the original tape recordings?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2008, 07:14 AM »
A quick look at the list makes me seem it is not everything for the first five.  That would be Hartnell through Davison.  Many first three episodes were lost as stated above by Phruby.  If it is everything, it would have to be video tape transfers or some such.  I'm not sure how prevelent reruns were of the first three.  I know PBS stations would do reruns, but I don't recall seeing anything pre Tom Baker except for the regeration from Pertwee to Baker.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 09:57 AM »
The Pertwee series is actually complete. They have most of Harnell, but sadly, a lot of Throughton is gone.

In prep for this weekend, I started re-watching Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker.) It's actually a really good story.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Yah there are several reconstructions in there, but everything that is still intact is in there aswell.

I'm downloading seasons 1-3 right now, as I don't have time to download all 155 gigs of video. I leave for my Grandparents houseboat sunday morning and I still have about 22 hours of downloading left. It would have been faster but I couldn't grab any of the 160 some seeds. There's hundreds and hundreds downloading this right now.

I have seen some of the Actual video of the first Doctor up into season 2 right before the daleks invasion of earth episode. S02 e02.
These are the real deal. I had been watching them online till they got pulled by the BBC. :( there were a few missing however. Marco polo is a reconstruction, as well as several others. 

That's about as good as it's gonna get folks, unless someone has them recorded somehow.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 09:41 AM »

That's about as good as it's gonna get folks, unless someone has them recorded somehow.

They've been searching for years. Every once in a while an episode will show up, but I think they found just about all of them they're going to find. It's a shame too. I was reading the synopsis for Evil of the Daleks and it really seemed like an outstanding episode.

Did I mention I was boning up on Davros and the Daleks for tonight?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Oh. My. God. Best Doctor Who episode ever!

Seriously. The end of tonight's episode is the ultimate cliffhanger and they didn't show a preview for next week. I could just scream.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2008, 10:45 PM »
For those having problem finding/watching episode...
http://www.sidereel.com/Doctor_Who_(2005)

Great episode. Cliffhanger was PAINFULL!!!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2008, 11:09 PM »
WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF.

Man I'm gonna miss next weeks cause of being away from internet. Damn houseboat.
I seriously can't believe that that happened. I really hope its still Him and he doesnt change. Some time lords can control their new appearance
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:05 AM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2008, 05:13 AM »
EDIT- er woops, never mind...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:30 AM by Straxus »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2008, 08:02 AM »
That was posted on April first buddy. When I read that I was relieved, thought that the severed hand may have stopped it, then I looked at the comments. >:(

Yah Get my hopes up before I leave to a place with no internet to see what happens. >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2008, 10:12 AM »
I watched the episode again to take in all the information. That, and it was just plain cool seeing Davros in action again, and seeing that they nailed him.