Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35199 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 09:31 AM »

As for the Master, he was on Regeneration #13 in the Tom Baker years and was decaying essentially.  He took over someones body in one episode.  I forget who it was, but he had black hair and a goatee. 

That's right, I think it was Nyssa's father.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Of course for the latest Master regeneration he takes over the body of that time travelling police officer Sam Tyler from Life on Mars.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 06:49 PM »

As for the Master, he was on Regeneration #13 in the Tom Baker years and was decaying essentially.  He took over someones body in one episode.  I forget who it was, but he had black hair and a goatee. 

That's right, I think it was Nyssa's father.

Tremas, which is an anagram of something  ;D
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 09:30 PM »
A little weird since both bodies he took over were not Galifreyians.

Well as the doctor stated in the 90's movie, hes only half gallifreyan or something like that. :P The master figured it out because of the retinal structure of the doctors eye.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 07:24 AM »
The one thing I was wondering about the Master was who burned his body after he refused to regenrate and what is the significance of the ring taken off of his hand.  I think we will see him again.  The Daleks were supposed to be destroyed and we have seen them several times.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 09:26 AM »
A little weird since both bodies he took over were not Galifreyians.

Well as the doctor stated in the 90's movie, hes only half gallifreyan or something like that. :P

I'm trying to block that from memory. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 03:55 PM »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Not a bad conclusion to the Santaran story at all. I always liked the Santarans, and aside from uniform color choice, I think they were updated superbly.

Next week's is a must see...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #23 on: May 5, 2008, 06:54 PM »
So is this the mother of his granddaughter(very first Doctor). One thing I just realized is because of the regenerations, he could have a daughter thats younger than his granddaughter which is totally weird. ??? I'm a bit confused as to how this is gonna fit in the story line as I thought all the gallifreyans died during the time war. Or was it just Gallifrey and its Fleet? Are there still other timelords on other planets, and if not time lords, just gallifreyans as the term is not interchangeable. This will be kinda odd.

Adam

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 6, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I guess all will be answered this Saturday. She could be a half breed (half human.)

As for all the time lords being dead though, I wonder if that applies to Romona since she was trapped in E-space.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 6, 2008, 01:26 PM »
All of the Time Lords could be dead but still wondering around space and time. This show is about time travel.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #26 on: May 6, 2008, 08:29 PM »
It was a time war, they are gone from time and space, He said Gallifrey was gone from time and space soo. If I remember right that the Timelords did not meddle in history (the doctor being the exception) So if they are erased from time and space, history won't miss them. Who knows though there could be timelords and plain gallifreyans still around.

Anton, wouldn't she be 3/4ths human? :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 09:22 AM »
The Doctor's Daughter, another really decent episode. I figured the ending would happen, just not in the way that it did.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 12:04 AM »
Yah I was quite surprised with how she was able to survive.
Some people think it was her gallifreyan ancestry. However only time lords can regenerate not all gallifreyans. Or was it since she was only a couple hours old was she able to grow a new heart with the residual energy like the doctor did with his hand. Or was it the "source" that did it, what came out of her mouth looked like the gas. Or was a combination of 2 or more of the above? How will this play out I wonder.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Sadly, I was thinking 'the genesis effect" (linked to the source) like in Star Trek. :P