Author Topic: 2008 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 29914 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 9, 2008, 11:48 AM »
The Crow: Wicked Prayer

You paid money for that film?
   E...

It was buy 2 get 3 free.  I couldn't find anything better for my final selection.  I've never seen it and I think this is the first movie that EF has been in since T2 so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Haven't watched it yet though, but thanks for letting me know it sucks ass.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 9, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Anyone pick up Gotham Knight today?

I plan on grabbing it tomorrow when we stop by Target, but haven't decided on which version.  Is there a big reason to grab the 2-disc over the regular release?  I usually grab 2 disc version of my favorite movies, when possible, but kind of take it on a case by case basis on these sort of sets.

Well it's worth it alone if you love Batman: The Animated Series like I do. The bonus disc has some sort of story about the creation and evolution of Batman, a feature on Gotham and its heroes/villains/citizens and 4 of Bruce Timm's favorite episodes of Batman:TAS. Haven't gotten to watch it yet but I plan on doing so soon.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 9, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Anyone pick up Gotham Knight today?

I plan on grabbing it tomorrow when we stop by Target, but haven't decided on which version.  Is there a big reason to grab the 2-disc over the regular release?  I usually grab 2 disc version of my favorite movies, when possible, but kind of take it on a case by case basis on these sort of sets.

Well it's worth it alone if you love Batman: The Animated Series like I do. The bonus disc has some sort of story about the creation and evolution of Batman, a feature on Gotham and its heroes/villains/citizens and 4 of Bruce Timm's favorite episodes of Batman:TAS. Haven't gotten to watch it yet but I plan on doing so soon.

I just saw that in the review over at IGN, it sounds like the special features are pretty spiffy overall (10 out of 10 from IGN I believe).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 9, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Transformers DVD w/Tranforming Megatron Case

I'm glad I went the Best Buy Route and didn't get the Optimus case at Target as I'd be compelled to buy this one to go with it.

Blue Ray
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:48 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 04:25 PM »

It was buy 2 get 3 free. 

That's one heck of a deal.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Picked this up a while back:

Best TV show ever.  :)  Just started season 4 the other day.  Kind of bummed that I'm almost done with it...it's become regular viewing over the last few weeks.

John

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 11:48 PM »
Iron Man is supposed to come out September 30. While Indy comes October 14.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Anyone out there with HD-DVD players?  I got a couple of extras to off load.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Just saw some more rumors/pics of the Indiana Jones DVD release(s) over at TheRaider.net.  I think this is for an overseas release, but the set with the Crystal Skull replica does look pretty spiffy.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 12:58 PM »
I don't usually buy those box sets but can see myself picking this one up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Even though I'm sure it'll just be a small, plastic bauble, I'm a sucker for those types of boxed sets.  I'd buy it.

I don't know if I'd buy a boxed set of all 4.  I already bought the "Complete" series set of 3 films...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Just saw some more rumors/pics of the Indiana Jones DVD release(s) over at TheRaider.net.  I think this is for an overseas release, but the set with the Crystal Skull replica does look pretty spiffy.

From the SDCC floor preview & it looks like to be a Best Buy exclusive from Sideshow. I so want that DVD set.  8)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:18 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 4, 2008, 06:13 PM »
I see that Starship Troopers 3 is coming out tomorrow.  Has anyone even seen ST2   ???  I heard that movie sucked, but it obvioulsy must have made some dough to warrent another sequel.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 4, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I haven't seen the second film.  I've seen a couple clips from it and it didn't look all that good.  Not sure how this one is.  I know that just having Johnny Rico (Casper Van Dien) in it again wasn't really enough of a draw to make me want to run out and buy it.

I really loved the first film so eventually I ought to track down 2 and then this one and watch them.  Matter of fact, I don't even own the first film on DVD yet... Should probably fixt that some time.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 4, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Starship troopers was a lot of fun, but I think it's stretching the boundaries a bit to call it a film.....:)
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.