Author Topic: TLC "Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol" Battle Pack  (Read 26684 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol" Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: January 3, 2008, 04:32 PM »
That's the one Sal, thanks for posting...  If the figures are THAT guy, I'm happy.  I'll deal with crummy bikes repainted.  It's the figure that I'm more interested in.  However, if it's a new bike...  Well, that'd be a dream come true.

You're quite welcome Jesse, glad I could help.

If it is this figure I'll get two sets, more if it's a new speederbike depending on construction/sculpt, etc.

I'm SO tempted to make a custom of this fig now, but will resist that desire until I see what this battle pack looks like. If it's NOT this fig, then I smell a serious custom happening.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 3, 2008, 04:43 PM »

This one would rock, as if you look at the unit on the bike, it's the Snowtrooper backpack. Do as said above with the new tool Scout backpack with hoses that connect to a Snowtrooper backpack that fits onto the; and here is the deal maker or breaker the Saga version of the Speederbike. That is about the best version they have even know it's still too big and the steering vains are all wronge, but it has the better control arms and looks much cooler than the POTF2 version. That is if they are going the cheap route.

As others have said though it would be awesome for a new tool Speederbike, as they are my favorite, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
roron corobb
« Last Edit: January 4, 2008, 11:06 AM by Jeff »
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 4, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Great, POTF2 speeder bikes painted with snow.

Actually, the POTF2 speeder bikes are made of much sturdier plastic than what we've been getting in the bikes lately and these will more than likely suck just as much.   

Have you gotten and opened the shadow scout? POTF2 everything with the cheapest plastic possible.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 4, 2008, 04:20 PM »
2 Hoth Speederbikes with Scouts for $20 > 1 Shadow Scout Trooper with bike for $25

Works for me!  I don't need another Galactic Marine but the sets all seem great otherwise.  It looks like they tweaked the Speederbikes a little for the feet, but it might just be something they did for the picture.  The kitbashed Bacara is nice too.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 4, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Might pick up the Hoth pack, looks pretty good.

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 4, 2008, 05:50 PM »

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #21 on: January 4, 2008, 06:27 PM »
D*mn you Hasbro, get you hands out of my wallet!!!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #22 on: January 4, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Looks to be VTSC Snowtrooper lower legs and arms, with Scout Trooper Body, thighs and head.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 4, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Looks like a cool set, though I'm a little bummed that it will probably cost $20 for two figs and two mini-vehicles.  The usual BPs have 5 characters - I'd much rather get three more figs than two hoth Speederbikes.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Looks like a cool set, though I'm a little bummed that it will probably cost $20 for two figs and two mini-vehicles.  The usual BPs have 5 characters - I'd much rather get three more figs than two hoth Speederbikes.   :P

Yeah, but we got a similar treatment with the Wal-Mart Exc. "Treachery on Saleucami" BP. That one was $20.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 5, 2008, 12:34 AM »

Yeah, but we got a similar treatment with the Wal-Mart Exc. "Treachery on Saleucami" BP. That one was $20.

I didn't really think that one was worth $20 either.  :-\  At least it came with two "new" figures and was the first of its kind.  I wonder if the two troops will be identical?  If so, maybe I can live with just getting one loose and splitting the pack with someone.  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Hoth Speeder Bike
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Those Hoth speederbikes are pretty sweet looking, I'm not gonna lie.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2008, 11:16 PM by Jeff »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 6, 2008, 11:19 PM »
Amen.  I do really like these the more I look at them, but I wish it was a better value. They could easily have included a third trooper or made the set $15 instead of $20.  Oh well, I will buy at least two regardless.   :-\

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 7, 2008, 02:54 AM »
Amen.  I do really like these the more I look at them, but I wish it was a better value. They could easily have included a third trooper or made the set $15 instead of $20.  Oh well, I will buy at least two regardless.   :-\

The overall value doesn't seem that bad to me. I guess if they were to issue Blizzard Force Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike as a Deluxe figure, it would be a $10 item.

So I see Hasbro's thinking here, you get two of the same Deluxe figures in a single box for $20. Add to that the fact that the figures themselves are kit-bashed combinations of two figures that originally retailed for $10 each. Heck factor in that we currently pay $7 for each figure. That means that the cost of the two speeder bikes is somewhere between $0 and $6. To me that's a pretty good value.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2008, 08:32 PM »
Are either of these two (Mygeeto and Speeder Bike Patrol), or the Hoth one we were shown at Toy Fair coming out prior to the 7/26 date? 

We got a bit more clarity on these in the latest Q&A session:

** Battle of Mygeeto should be out on shelves by mid-April or early May. It will be the last of the 30th Anniversary Battle Packs in the current "footprint." A new line of Battle Packs will debut on 7/26, with slightly different boxed dimensions (a little deeper, a little less tall). Hoth Speeder Patrol was suffering delays and had to be moved out, and will be in the first wave of the new Fall assortment.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 08:33 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender