Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 60936 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 11:00 PM »
AT-ST has been mentioned a few times before, so that'd be my guess.

The Slave I and Landspeeder definitely don't need re-dos since their last re-dos.  So if we see those again they'll be repacks.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03 AM »
If the AT-ST is to-scale, I'm there...  Same with just about all the vehicles really. 

TIE Defender probably piqued my interest the most though.  What a well-deserved ship that would be.  Easily one of the best EU ship designs IMO, and something I'll gladly buy 3 of if they're as nice as the big wing TIE has been.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Certainly some cool things on that list, but I hope it's not just the fall schedule of releases. :o
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Nothing like the "shotgun" approach of guessing the next vehicles to get released...   with a list that big at least one thing has to be right.  :P

I could see them breaking down and finally doing some a few new playsets if they are tied into the CW stuff somehow...  something called "Forward Base Alpha" screams Clone Wars to me (something like that little Clone Base Yoda is at on Geonosis in AotC).

That's exactly my thought Jeff.

If would go well in an Ultra Battlepack...

I tend to agree with this idea.  And I think there's an Ultra Battle Pack in the works, as there's that Target DPCI listing for an ultra battle pack.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Yes, seeing the Command Center in a battle pack makes sense.  I believe that idea's been discussed here a while back. 

Something like this could be very nice -

- Destroyer Droid x 1
- Super Battle Droid x 1
- Battle Droid (red - using POTJ Security Droid sculpt) x 2
- Master Yoda x 1
- SA Clone (red or yellow) x 1
- SA Clone (white) x 2
- Hailfire Droid
- Forward Command Center

As for a Death Star?  Who knows... if made, I could see them making one level in some sort of UBP, and it including Stormies, Vader, the main Rebels, etc.  And if it does well, for them to release another level in a similar fashion, or even packaged in some sort of other manner. 

If it happens then I can say "nah nah nah nah nah" to all the people who've said Hasbro would never make a Death Star playset.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 03:08 PM »
You'll have to find those people then because I don't recall anyone saying they aren't going to make them...  People just said when it's asked in the Q&A it's pointless because Hasbro is telling you they won't (not people on forums, who want them as much as you do), and so it's a big redundant waste of time.  It's no secret Hasbro's had Death Star plans in the past, and we even reported very recently of a current playset that comes up at their meetings "routinely". 

They just can't squeeze it in because they can't find a formula to make it a profitable venture for them.  Maybe the Ultimate Battlepacks have found them an avenue for it?  Then again, the "playsets" in those have hardly been the kinds of things people really consider a "playset".  More like a big assed accessory really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Where's the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid? >:(

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 10:47 PM »

Hey wait a minute...you're right! >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 01:19 PM »

Hey wait a minute...you're right! >:(

Yeah! What they both said!

I'd much rather have that before some of the others on the "rumored" list.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 02:10 AM »
More rumors from Dan Curto over at Rebelscum

This isn't a wave I guess, but rather figures possibly into '09 and '10, so I guess we shouldn't hold our breath on all of them, but still great ESB names on the list for sure.

The Empire Strikes Back Basic Figures
- 2-1B (Medical Droid)
- Bespin Security Guard
- Captain Needa
- Imperial Probe Droid
- Luke Skywalker (Dagobah)
- Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Spirit)
- Princess Leia (Medical Frigate)
- Rebel Hoth Soldier
- Toryn Farr
- Ugnaughts (2-Pack?)
 -Willrow Hood (the infamous Ice Cream Maker Guy)

And quite a nice little nod to Scott from Dan as well, for the ICMG push.  Very cool...  I must admit though Scott, that while I dig ICMG, I was much more geeked to see the Rebel Hoth Soldier on that list. ;)  Long overdue figure for super articulation and tons of cool stuff.  I truly hope it's the foot soldier though, not the tan vested guys or whatnot.  We need a good white uniformed foot soldier first.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:44 PM by Jeff »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Now this is a good list, especially if it turns out to be true.

Here's what I'll get from it:
 2-1B (Medical Droid) X1 if it's a new sculpt and not the one from last year.
 Bespin Security Guard X?? depends. Hopefuly this is a SA fig and has a running change for heads. White, Black and Chinese, please.
 Captain Needa X?? again if it's SA, I'll get several. I need some officers to fill out the ranks.
 Imperial Probe Droid PASS-I'll be getting the one in the battle pack out soon. Only if this one was a new sculpt
 Luke Skywalker (Dagobah) PASS
 Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate) X1 and yes it's about damn time. One of the rare few Luke's to have never been done. Same can be said for the Leia.
 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Spirit) PASS
 Princess Leia (Medical Frigate) X1
 Rebel Hoth Soldier X?? SA please and a running head change if you're going to make the hat removable.
 Toryn Farr X3 SWEET! She is one of my most wanted figs from ESB. I REALLY hope she turns out to be true.
 Ugnaughts (2-Pack?) X1 or more. Depends on sculpt, articulation and any running changes.
 Willrow Hood (the infamous Ice Cream Maker Guy) X2 yes, I've supported this fellow all along!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 10:16 AM »
That's a pretty well rounded list. The only figure missing is Bespin Han.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Luke (Medical Frigate) and the Ugnaughts are the most appealing to me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 04:11 PM »
I will be stunned if they don't give us an SA Hoth Rebel Soldier next year. It is one of the most sorely needed resculpts left. >:(

And the absence of Zuckuss makes me believe there may be some truth to the Vintage line rumor.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 01:05 AM »
I'm stoked to see Needa on that list.  "Apology accepted, Captain Needa." -- it's one of the best lines of the entire saga.  :D