Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190259 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #930 on: March 23, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Found some $20 At-St's yesterday. Also picked up my first Stormie on new card.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 24, 2010, 03:16 PM »
Got a bunch of loot today from EE...

• Birth of Darth Vader BattlePack
  • Amush on Tatooine BattlePack
  • Bogey Squad Comic 2-pack
  • Clone Lieutenant & Clontrooper Comic 2-pack
  • Exar Kum & Ulic Qel-Droma Comic 2-pack
  • Jedi Masters Tholme & T'ra Saa Comic 2-pack
  • Stormtrooper & Blackhole hologram Comic 2-pack
  • Plourr Ilo & Dllr Nep Comic 2-pack (x2)

Getting down to only a few Legacy items left before I can close the book on that sub-line....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 25, 2010, 10:56 AM »
I found another case of ESB figures at Target last night.  This was the first case release because R2-X2 was on the pegs.  I bought him and another AT-AT Driver (to open).  The only two figures missing when I got there were the concept Snowtrooper and Willrow. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 1, 2010, 01:56 PM »
I'm surprised that the revised ESB case is hitting hard at my local stores. Scored Agen Kolar and Zuckuss (boy, is Zuckuss short!). The individual ROTS and ESB waves weren't hitting AT ALL for the longest time, but my local Target did the smart thing by ordering the ESB revision case... which included the ROTS wave!  :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 2, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Bought the "Birth of Vader" BP yesterday. Passed on the others.

Not only are these sets just repacks, it doesn't even seem like Hasbro tried to set them up as scenes like they have been before. Hasbro Dude "Just face him towards the other fig, that's good enough, I need a smoke break".
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 2, 2010, 11:55 AM »

Not only are these sets just repacks, it doesn't even seem like Hasbro tried to set them up as scenes like they have been before. Hasbro Dude "Just face him towards the other fig, that's good enough, I need a smoke break".

Where'd you find that? TRU or Target?

I am trying to confirm if any of these have shown up at a Walmart yet.

Thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 2, 2010, 12:09 PM »

Where'd you find that? TRU or Target?

I am trying to confirm if any of these have shown up at a Walmart yet.

Thanks!

Target
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 3, 2010, 02:27 AM »
Took advantage of TRU's 2 for $10.99 sale and snagged Agen Kolar and Plo Koon. Didn't plan on picking those up but what the hey.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 3, 2010, 05:52 PM »
My TRU never even put up sale signs in the SW section, but they did with the Ironman stuff which are now all fully stocked with figs falling all pegs all over the place.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 3, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I scored a slew of great figures at a local convention. I was, simply put, in Star Wars Hasbro heaven! I scored the ROTS Commander Cody, Kyle Katarn CP (FINALLY!!), ESB Hoth Luke, and TPM Holo Palp. I also scored some older era (ROTS 2005 Aayla Secura, PTJ Plo Koon and Aurra Sing) figures. I was amazed to find a whole stand dedicated to TLC red-phase figures!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 5, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Finally got a Dewback.  Despite his prequel era look, I think he's pretty cool. I really like the detail that went into the sculpt and the articulation on his feet.  I'm not sure I'm ever going to get the cool trooper to sit with any measure of realism though...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 11, 2010, 04:10 PM »
Picked up the Imperial ARC on clearance at WM for $40 with a $5 off coupon.  I'm such a sucker for repaints, but this was much better than $65.  I think $40-$45 would have been a better price point for the dlx assortment IMO.  It's a shame that they overpriced this and the Y-Wing.  The dlx line is dead, right?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:21 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #942 on: April 11, 2010, 08:08 PM »
I've bought 9 Scanner Techs at WM in the last 2 days or so...  They're really putting a lot of the ESB2.0 Revision case out.  I still don't see many LUkes, Wilrows, teh green astromech or Concept Snowie anywhere though.  The repack snowtrooper and scanner tech are also moving pretty well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #943 on: April 12, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Picked up the Imperial ARC on clearance at WM for $40 with a $5 off coupon.  I'm such a sucker for repaints, but this was much better than $65.  I think $40-$45 would have been a better price point for the dlx assortment IMO.  It's a shame that they overpriced this and the Y-Wing.  The dlx line is dead, right?

I picked one up for $45 shipped and it's a really nice repint. I agree with you on the price it should have been.

back to topic:

I picked up the R2-MK set off eBay for $29.95 shipped.
This product drought really sucks, even the Joe guys are feeling it too. They bored and waiting for new product in the Fall as well. Hasbro is banking too much on Iron Man (Which will sell well) as they let their other brands suffer....

Product droughts leads to anger. Anger leads to disinterest. Disinterest leads to the line suffering.
(It's makes no sense just like it did not in EP1 but I had to indulge.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 13, 2010, 12:54 PM »
I hit a Factory 2 U and scored two Sunbar packs. Will add the Anamin's to my trade list.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."