Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 165175 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #465 on: November 28, 2009, 07:37 PM »
That's awesome! 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 28, 2009, 09:33 PM »
I did find an excellent deal at the Supercenter Walmart in Vestal, NY on Friday, though.  Three of their exclusives were 50% off and I got the following:
Imperial Pilots: $12
Dewback: $15
AT-ST: $22

Gotta love WM for their freak markdowns whenever whoever deems it's right to do so.   ::)   ;)

Nice E!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 29, 2009, 12:23 AM »
Didja guys hear some Walmarts are bumpin' down the Droid Factory set prices to an even $8.00?

Whoaah!

Clicky here for the proof!

Thanks for the heads up, Galactichunter.com  ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:23 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #468 on: November 29, 2009, 06:18 AM »
BMF is 50% off starting today at TRU.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Hey all quick report. On the way back home from some family visiting stopped at a WalMart for some drinks and of course scanned toy dept. Found BOGO packs of blue Legacy carded figures. Unlike the last BOGO sets WalMart offered for the Saga line (where figures really weren't a true BOGO) these were $7.46 for two figures.

No plastic wrapped. Just a Legacy Collection sticker with two figures back to back. A good deal for parents for XMas (or holidays whatever they may be).

I saw Stass w/ Grievous, Stass w/ FX-6, Stass w/ Commander Faie, FX-6 w/ Commander Faie, and Commander Faie w/ Grievous combos.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 05:10 PM by JES »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Hey all quick report. On the way back home from some family visiting stopped at a WalMart for some drinks and of course scanned toy dept. Found BOGO packs of blue Legacy carded figures. Unlike the last BOGO sets WalMart offered for the Saga line (where figures really truly BOGO) these were $7.46 for two figures.

No plastic wrapped. Just a Legacy Collection sticker with two figures back to back. A good deal for parents for XMas (or holidays whatever they may be).

I saw Stass w/ Grievous, Stass w/ FX-6, Stass w/ Commander Faie, FX-6 w/ Commander Faie, and Commander Faie w/ Grievous combos.

Interesting find.  Not sure that I'd get any of these even at that price, but would be cool to see this "bundle" pack all the same.  Maybe a bundle pack of comic pack figures isn't such an outrageous suggestion after all...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2009, 04:40 PM »
BMF is 50% off starting today at TRU.

Sigh...Saw that this morning and here I thought I got a good deal for $130 back in the day.  Great price for the noobs and parents though!   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 1, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Just thought I would post here, again, if anyone is following/cares about how my toyrocket.com order is going.  Remember - I ordered on the 11/7/09:

On 11/24/09 I called and spoke with a representative at toyrocket.com - the same guy I have spoke with before.  He claimed to me that my order was sent out on 11/24/09 (2.5 weeks after I made the order) and that I "will" receive a confirmation/tracking number later that day.  He also stated to me that I should receive everything by this Thursday (12/3/09).  To this day I still have not received a confirmation/tracking #. 

I called my credit card company (Wells Fargo) yesterday to see what my window of dispute time frame is with them on this.  They told me 6 months from the purchase date so I am going to let this ride a while longer.

I did however take another step letting them know how unhappy I was with their service by firing off another email to them.  I did let them know that I was very unhappy with their service, unhappy they charged me without being prepared to ship what I ordered, unhappy that this has taken so long to ship instock items even when their website states clearly that all orders for instock items are shipped within 3 days, and also very unhappy with this giant run around and laundry list of broken promises they have made me (5 more days, 2 more days, etc etc).  Bottom line - I told them this was the worst online transaction I have ever made - and I have made my fair share of orders online -big and small online dealers alike.

I told them I would be reporting to the collecting communities that I belonged to about my bad experience with them, and, if I don't receive my order soon I will be filing with my credit card company and the BBB.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 1, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that your order is taking so long, but I think you’re really over-reacting on this. Here’s the timeline I gather from your posts:

11/7 – Order placed.  That’s a Saturday, so nothing probably happened with it until the 9th. 
11/9 – Sometime this week they sent us all notices that they were overwhelmed with orders and that processing would be an extra 5-7 days.  I think normal processing time of 1-2 days is probably typical, so factor in another 8 working days on your order. 
11/18  - This is about when your order probably should have shipped.  My notice from them said something about how they are consolidating items from multiple locations.  Not sure what you ordered, but maybe that drove more delay.
11/24 – Your items supposedly ship.  If they really did, that’s only 4 work days past their earlier estimate.
11/26 – Thanksgiving, so this will back things up at least a day or two
12/03 – Your estimated delivery date is 6 days shipping, which seems about right

Yeah, I get that it’s almost a month since you ordered, but when you look on a daily basis like this I don’t think they’re really that delinquent on your order.  For comparison’s sake, take a look at your Eopie and Qui-Gon from Hasbro. 
-   When did you send that order in?
-   When was your check cashed?
-   When did you receive it?
I’m willing to bet that you waited considerably longer for this than your Toyrocket order, but haven’t heard any complaints about it.  Hasbro cashed my $7 checks a solid 2-3 months before I saw anything in the mail. 

Anyway, I’m not in the business of defending ToyRocket, but your posts about them and communication back to their CS are pretty harsh.  If I hadn’t read other posts with concerns about them going bankrupt, I wouldn’t have even noticed the slight delay in shipping my stuff out. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 1, 2009, 05:36 PM »
No, I get what you are saying.  But bottom line, based on what I am used to from other sites (EE and HTS), dealing with toyrocket has not been my cup of tea.  Seriously not sending out items that were in stock until 2.5 weeks (supposedly) after they charged me?  getting close to 1 month later til I (hopefully) receive it - sure there was 1 holiday in there I get that. 

I understand your comparison with the Eopie, but to me that is a completely different animal based on what we as collectors are told.  Heck, even on the slip you fill out to get a mail away it tells you it is going to be a long time before you get it.  Toyrocket promises 3 days.  Honestly I could care less about their 3 day guarantee, but I think once I passed the 2 week point of waiting I think it is ok for me to start to get aggitated. 

And since you bring up the bankrupcy that is another valid point to be concerned with.  If they go belly up I doubt my CC company would even be able to challenge them and get my money back.  And finally - still no tracking info?  come on.

and for kicks, I just tried calling again and guess what, no one picked up and their mailbox was full.  Each time I call either someone will pick up (cool) or no one does and the mailbox is full.  And I draw some speculative conclusions on a company thats answering service is seemingly always full.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 2, 2009, 09:52 AM »
As an independent, unbiased observer of this discussion, and having worked for an online mailorder distributuon company, I have to say that it cetainly does sound like a valid complaint to me.

"Overwhelmed with orders" and an extra 5-7 days for processing is a pretty weak excuse, IMO. How can you NOT anticipate increased traffic at this time of year? If you don't have the resources to fulfill the basic customer service promises displayed on the website, that is a real problem.

The problem as I see it, as that a lot of these places simply aren't reputable businesses. Any dork with Java skills living in his parents' basement can throw together a professional looking webpage. But knowing how to actually run an e-commerce site and provide customer service is something else entirely. I suspect most of these places are doing it on the cheap, cutting corners wherever they can, and it shows. And who knows what kind of business acumen these people have anyway?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 2, 2009, 12:51 PM »
Well, the current speculation was that the company was going under and is not being run by a third party to gut the inventory.  If that’s true, I’m still hardly surprised that they’re overwhelmed with response to their half price sale.  The email said the received thousands more orders than expected – that’s a lot of processing and shipping no matter who is taking care of things behind the scenes.  Sorry that you feel wronged in having to wait, but given the circumstances and the great prices, I still think you should cut them some slack. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 2, 2009, 05:27 PM »
Not meaning to turn this into a Toyrocket.com thread, but I think people need to know.

Just got off the phone with "Rodrigo" again - he is the guy who answers the phone there.  It took many (20+) calls to finally get through to someone, and yes, the answering machine is still full (not by messages from me  ;) ).  I explained all of my aggrivation - he understood.  I asked him when he thought I might get my order and he started to speculate since "it looks like that since it was sent out some time on last Friday", wait a second Redrigo I have to stop you last there.  When I spoke to you last week you told me it shipped out on Tuesday, the 22nd (it looks like I wrote the 24th in this thread earlier but I must have mistyped, it should have been the 22nd - the 24th was Thanksgiving).  

So he was baffled.  He was also not certain why I didn't have a tracking number (he didn't have one either).  He said he would check with USPS to see what is going on there and contact me tomorrow - we'll see.  He also confided in me that they are just now shipping orders that were made on 11/10/09, so he is certain that mine would have shipped already (yet he has no proof by tracking number and cant even say with certainty when it shipped), and as you can see, they are still very far behind.  

I asked him point blank if they are legit- he said yes (of course).  I have ordered from them in the past (TAC R2/D2-3PO) and didn't have any issues with them.  He apologized when I explained as I have here already all of the things I was not happy with in their business and he also said that if I do not receive my items by the end of the week he would issue me a full refund - thats fine I guess but I did order from them for a reason - I liked the prices and the product, I wanted the deal.  He said if I do receive the items I could send them back after i was refunded - that just baffles me and shows me once again they don't know what the heck is going on.

« Last Edit: December 2, 2009, 05:29 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #478 on: December 2, 2009, 05:30 PM »
When I spoke to you last week you told me it shipped out on Tuesday, the 22nd (it looks like I wrote the 24th in this thread earlier but I must have mistyped, it should have been the 22nd - the 24th was Thanksgiving).  

You're not crazy, I think you're just mixing up Nov/Dec dates.  In Dec, the 22nd is a Tuesday, but back in November, the 24th was a Tuesday (Thanksgiving was the 26th).  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 2, 2009, 05:56 PM »
ah yes, I was looking at the wrong calendar    :P   it was on the 24th then.  thanks!
« Last Edit: December 2, 2009, 05:57 PM by shmashwitdaclub »