Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46131 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2008, 11:57 AM »
I see that this set, as well as the Clone Wars one, are now available on Target.com, for the $62.99 pricepoint.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:59 AM by Brian »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2008, 12:21 PM »
wierd thing is I never saw either one of the SW UBP's not even the side of the box, or shelf tag for that matter, it has almost been like they never existed  :o
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2008, 12:43 PM »
I think part of the reason the Joe set also is collecting dust compared to Star Wars is there were two different SW sets, but just one Joe set.  So maybe they have the same run in a sense, but there could be twice as many Joe sets as Sarlacc Pits, and twice as many Joe sets as Clone Wars sets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2008, 02:03 PM »
From what I saw in my area, stores had about 4 total SW sets, and they've got at least 8 Joe sets out on the shelves now...  So by my estimation the Joe set was definitely more abundant.  The SW sets also didn't get put out at some stores at all...  I think some still have them in the back actually.  Those that did put them out up on the top shelf.  Very weird this year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2008, 03:58 PM »
I found one of these marked down to $44 and change today.  I shamelessly bought it and returned it with my $62.99 receipt. 

I'm much happier with this price.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2008, 09:44 AM »
I'm feel lucky I found the two I found at the price cut price of $55. I don't think I'll ever see these on clearance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2008, 11:16 AM »
From what I saw in my area, stores had about 4 total SW sets, and they've got at least 8 Joe sets out on the shelves now...  So by my estimation the Joe set was definitely more abundant.  The SW sets also didn't get put out at some stores at all...  I think some still have them in the back actually.  Those that did put them out up on the top shelf.  Very weird this year.

How they handled all of this at Target was weird in my area too.  There wasn't a consistent merchandising approach that I could see - some stores put a bunch of SW sets on an end cap, others mixed Joe stuff with it, others threw it all up on risers, etc.  The lack of a "plan" to move these was very un-Target-like from what I saw.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Hmmm  I saw just one & the price was in the 50's... inspecting the pit... hmmm

Dont  know what to say.... The sand surface looks like a thin Halloween plastic mask... very cheap in my opinion.

I dont know why  people are paying so much cash for & what make it worth buying... for the little ship & the creature?...think so.

Personaly, I like how Han & Lando looks like apart that there is not great articulations in both... the rest are crap molds including my fav Boba & Skywalker looks like a freagging Zombie Kookoo! (0_0)

But if I see one under $30 ... I get it.  

In my Targets the shelves are clean & some leftover are unorganized in he lowers platform, so I guess soo there will come a truck with the new shipment of Toys...  strangely I saw a buch of Rogue pilot evolution set in one area, I wonder if sooner it will be on clearance & all the leftover there or put back in place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:00 PM by Jeff »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2008, 12:17 PM »
My local Target got one of each set (I bought the Christophsis set and someone else got the Sarlacc set), and NEVER got any more.  Tons of the GI Joe set, but not a single restock on the SW UBPs.  Come to think of it, Target didn't get more than one shipment of the Obi-Wan/212th and Yoda/CG five packs, either, but they still have a stockpile of the Transformers exclusives.

Something strange is afoot at the Circle K Big Red Circle.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2008, 12:19 PM »
The sand surface looks like a thin Halloween plastic mask... very cheap in my opinion.

There is a much nicer plastic dune like piece underneath the big cheap one in the packaging.  That's why a lot of people (myself included) posted that they were surprised with how nice the thing actually was.

To make it bigger, they sort of hid the product in the packaging and probably cost themselves some sales in the process.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2008, 12:20 PM »

Dont  know what to say.... The sand surface looks like a thin Halloween plastic mask... very cheap in my opinion.

I dont know why  people are paying so much cash for & what make it worth buying... for the little ship & the creature?...think so.

The sand surface you're talking about is actually just window dressing for those MIB collectors and the consensus is that it isn't actually part of the playset/environment per se.  The sarlacc is housed in its own sand base which is obscured by the cheap "halloween mask" base.

--- or what Rob said  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:21 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2008, 01:41 PM »
The sand surface looks like a thin Halloween plastic mask... very cheap in my opinion.

There is a much nicer plastic dune like piece underneath the big cheap one in the packaging.  That's why a lot of people (myself included) posted that they were surprised with how nice the thing actually was.

To make it bigger, they sort of hid the product in the packaging and probably cost themselves some sales in the process.

The sand surface you're talking about is actually just window dressing for those MIB collectors and the consensus is that it isn't actually part of the playset/environment per se.  The sarlacc is housed in its own sand base which is obscured by the cheap "halloween mask" base.

--- or what Rob said  :P

Ooooh!...Thanks guys, I was wondering about that, if its just a coverup... then its worth Buying... crap... i should get one!  ;D
buth there's other army building lots that impeded me to buy one of these big sets... I hate to be between the walls  ;D

======================================================================================================

Kinda small dough but Better without that plastic sand lol---> http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/TLC/battlepacks/sarlacc.html 

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:52 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 1, 2009, 02:30 AM »
The Sarlacc is useful for the EU, I was reading Republic # 59...I was very pleased to see the Sarlacc again  ;D...Now I have to find that Tusken Jedi lol.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 3, 2009, 11:14 AM »
I popped this open finally. I like the set. Not great, but it serves it's purpose. I already have it on display with the POTF2 Skiff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2009, 04:32 PM »
This and the CW set both just got put out this week at my local Target with more in the stockroom (or so sayeth the computer).

I couldn't make this up...  They JUST got put out.  Friggin' sad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77