Author Topic: TRU Clone Wars ARC-170 (Wampa's Head)  (Read 11501 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TRU Clone Wars ARC-170 (Wampa's Head)
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Pics at RS

I'll pass (I don't have room for the ARC-170 I have let alone more of them), but I like the little Wampa Head on there.  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:38 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Clone Wars "Wampa" ARC-170
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Boy, that does look pretty nifty.  I really like the ARC-170 ship too, and have the earlier ROTS one, but like Jeff, I just don't think I have the room for this.  Especially with the Falcon, and now things like the Sarlacc, Homestead, etc. coming in the battle packs line.  Its going to be tough to find room for all of this stuff - let alone afford it.  Nice ship though, wish I could grab one.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 12:38 PM »
This ship's deco is too clean, like the new Gunship. I would have like to see some battle wear on both, it would make them both more appealing. I may have bought in and got rid of one of my other ones. I have yet to open the Target Space Whale version and I also have two ROTS ones (one is also in the box)

Outside of the Wampa sticker there is nothing to it, nice for those who missed the original ROTS. At least the Twi'lek chic on the gunship looks like a cool graphic. Do you guys remember when great vehicles like this were not reissued for awhile to space out the line, looks like those days are gone

No room & no desire for this one - PASS.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:39 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:19 PM »
That's pretty cool.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 09:03 PM »
I actually like this a lot, and since I don't have an ARC yet (passed on the Target ones at 7.50 - yup, I did) I may get it.  Space is a huge issue for me though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Another easy pass.  I own 3 of these already and the Wampa paint just isn't enough for me.  This is the fist time in seven years where I'm finally not compelled to buy everything Star Wars...  There's simply way too much stuff this year - especially with the Joes and Transformers.  I'm going to have to bow out of one of these three lines pretty quick here.

Looking at the price tag though - how in the hell is this thing only $34.99 at TRU, but  the "new" Gunship is $49.99 at WM?  Same amount of plastic, yet a $15 increase in price?  Meh...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:38 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Stickers cost money. ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 12:11 PM »
I donno. Do I really need another ARC 170.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 05:07 PM »
The thing that bothers me is the #1 thing that bugs the absolute hell out of me about EU

Hoth is a backwater planet with no civilizations and should not be well known throughout the galaxy, let alone one of the few wildlife creatures that exist. Hell, the Alliance doesn't even know that Wampas are on Hoth.  And yet...here is a wampa showing up on a starship.  LamEU ::)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 06:00 PM »
The thing that bothers me is the #1 thing that bugs the absolute hell out of me about EU

Hoth is a backwater planet with no civilizations and should not be well known throughout the galaxy, let alone one of the few wildlife creatures that exist. Hell, the Alliance doesn't even know that Wampas are on Hoth.  And yet...here is a wampa showing up on a starship.  LamEU ::)

There could be wampas on other planets...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 07:21 PM »

Which would be even more LamEU

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 04:04 PM »
I seem to remember there being a Wampa on a planet (Gall?) on the Shadows of the Empire game.  I think it had a more tan wool color... I do recall that sucker taking about a hundred blasts before it finally dies.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 08:10 PM »

Yup!  If you played Shadows of the Empire on the Nintendo 64, you might recall some brown Cliff Wampas on the planet of Gall.  Of course, with a name like Cliff Wampa, I'd expect it to be telling me obscure trivia at some bar. 

Asajj Ventress also fought a Wampa in the original Clone Wars series in that arena on Rattatak.  They get around.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:12 AM »
There's also the Swamp Wampa in Jedi Outcast.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 12:21 AM »
What planet are those on?