Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86498 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #390 on: February 1, 2009, 01:13 AM »
I had a dream Pitt won last night but I've got pull for AZ...

Cards 21 - Steelers 17
« Last Edit: February 1, 2009, 01:13 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #391 on: February 1, 2009, 05:11 AM »
Not sure if they'll pull it off, but I'm rooting for the Cardinals.  Nothing against the Steelers, but it's fun to root for the underdog.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 1, 2009, 09:10 AM »
Cardinals 31  Pittsburgh 24

End of story.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #393 on: February 1, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Rolling with the cards in the big game today. Gonna be a big day in front of the tv. watching all the pregame stuff, the game, then the office :)

cards 27 steelers 24

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #394 on: February 1, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Steelers 27, Cards 24.

:o

I really didn't care who won, I just wanted a good game...  after the 100yd INT TD to end the first half, I was worried that would be the death blow to the Cards morale.  Guess not!  They stuck with it and made it one heck of a 4th quarter.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #395 on: February 1, 2009, 10:36 PM »
the fitz touchdown is what had me jump up. After the 100 yd int return at the half it looked pretty bad. Toward the end of of the 3rd quarter it looked like it was all steelers. The end of the game really made it a great game. The safety, The big Fitz TD, then the responding holmes game winner. Just as exciting as last year.

I called the score, just had the cards on top.

Well seasons over. everyones 0-0 New bronc's coach, hopefully a new defense. Here's to the bronc's next season :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 1, 2009, 11:00 PM »
Steelers 27, Cards 24.

:o

I really didn't care who won, I just wanted a good game...  after the 100yd INT TD to end the first half, I was worried that would be the death blow to the Cards morale.  Guess not!  They stuck with it and made it one heck of a 4th quarter.

Yeah, couldn't be much closer on my guess!  ;D

I was rooting Cards, but like you mostly wanted a good game.  It was better than advertised.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #397 on: February 1, 2009, 11:12 PM »
I'm glad to see all the Steelers haters denied. :)

They got love for this game from everyone, but pretty much only this game...  So as a Steelers fan, I always feel like an underdog anymore (to the point I hate watching games and would rather listen to the local announcers call it on the radio).  This one was for Myron Cope givin' the big Yoi! up in the sky.  Here we go Steelers, Here we go! ;D  I just had to post about this, I'm so excited.

And as a football fan that was an outstanding game...  Fitzgerald's TD was incredible.  As a Steelers fan I'd have preferred a boring blowout on our part, rather than staying up way later than I should be watching the game and now some celebration footage after (Oakland and the South Side are simply insane).  When I left my gf's place I have to drive through a street on my way home that has about 4 little local dives on it...  All 4 had huge crowds spilling out into the street with Terrible Towels.   What a sight...  This is even better than the win a few years ago.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #398 on: February 1, 2009, 11:16 PM »
It may not have made a difference, but I think that was a bad call at the end of the game.  It should've been ruled an incomplete pass.  I doubt the Cardinals could pull anything off with only 5 seconds left, but still.

It was an exciting game and a fun one to watch.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #399 on: February 2, 2009, 12:46 AM »
No way...that was totally an empty hand and I think it was right.  But I still could not believe they didn't review it.  Santonios TD was just as amazing as Tyree's catch last year.  Great game, I'm glad the Steelers won :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 2, 2009, 06:38 AM »
The whole game was decided on the Harrison TD at the end of the first half...  If the Cardinals just manage a FG there, they win. Hell, if Fitzgerald just makes the tackle at the half inch line they'd have won.

« Last Edit: February 2, 2009, 10:47 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 2, 2009, 09:26 AM »
We had a blast watching the game. I thought the game was wrapped up in the first quarter, but glad I was wrong.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 2, 2009, 11:17 AM »
The whole game was decided on the Harrison TD at the end of the first half...  If the Cardinals just manage a FG there, they win. Hell, if Fitzgerald just makes the tackle at the half inch line they'd have won.

Actually because of the 15 yard personal foul on Arizona on the play, the Steelers would have got half the distance to the goal and the half can't end on a defensive penalty so they Steelers would have had one play to score from the foot line. So it wasn't quite as simple as "if Fitzgerald just makes the tackle".
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 2, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Was that penalty before or after the change of possession?  I don't remember Madden and Michaels mentioning that.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 2, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Was that penalty before or after the change of possession?  I don't remember Madden and Michaels mentioning that.

It was after the change. On "Mike and Mike In the Morning" on ESPN they had someone from the Refs office officially state that.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within